Round 1 pick #13 Eagles select Georgia DT Jordan Davis

Moderator6

I imagine Oline coaches around the league have seen that video as well. I presume Davis is expecting to be doubled.

• Like 2

On 8/8/2022 at 5:13 PM, ManchesterEagle said:

Davis only played a really limited number of snaps and his pass rush ability was all projection. Some thought he was just an elite run stuffer.

That DL in Georgia was stacked, hence the reduced playing time.  And the reason he was thought of as just a run stuffer is because he was asked to two gap at Georgia.  Give that man the opportunity to rush the passer and you'll see what he can do.  Me thinks we have a lineman the likes of which we haven't seen since the Reggie-Jerome years.  This is gonna be fun.

• Like 4

Ok.  It's Fing settled.  I'm ALL IN

gVKI1tW.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, paco said:

Ok.  It's Fing settled.  I'm ALL IN

gVKI1tW.jpg

Yep - fast becoming one of my favourite players. Confident but modest. Mature and looks after his teammates rather than his ego. 

Can’t wait to see him play.

• Like 5

21 hours ago, eglz1 said:

I imagine Oline coaches around the league have seen that video as well. I presume Davis is expecting to be doubled.

Well we have seen what happens if Hargrave isn’t doubled. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, eglz1 said:

It was one snap against a rookie 2nd rounder.  I wouldn’t make too much of it at this time.  

45 minutes ago, time2rock said:

It was one snap against a rookie 2nd rounder.  I wouldn’t make too much of it at this time.  

Davis said the same thing, there were times when Jurgens won the matchup. At the same time, the dude's 340 lbs. and it doesn't look like there's much fat there. If he has any technique, he's gonna be a load for any Oline.

• Like 1

I still can't believe the Eagles actually got this guy. Before the Eagles ever mentioned interest in him, I saw some clips, then watched him run the 40. No way a man THAT big runs a 40 with that time he got. No way. Then he comes into camp as a rookie (I know- it's only Camp SiriSoft™) and is poised and ready for camp. Then he starts dominating in camp. The Eagles have a generational player here. A dominating beast of a player. 

Screen Shot 2022-08-11 at 12.21.52 PM.png

• Like 5

So on the play Zach Wilson got hurt, Davis manhandles a guard and starts chasing Wilson before he went down.  First, we all hope the injury to Wilson isn't serious.  And no, it wasn't caused by Davis direct.  But just having him in there blew up the offensive play and created havoc.  How long did Jordan play, maybe for one or two drives?

• Like 2

On 8/11/2022 at 12:23 PM, Talonblood said:

I still can't believe the Eagles actually got this guy. Before the Eagles ever mentioned interest in him, I saw some clips, then watched him run the 40. No way a man THAT big runs a 40 with that time he got. No way. Then he comes into camp as a rookie (I know- it's only Camp SiriSoft™) and is poised and ready for camp. Then he starts dominating in camp. The Eagles have a generational player here. A dominating beast of a player. 

Screen Shot 2022-08-11 at 12.21.52 PM.png

It's almost for a lot of people like they're having a delayed reaction to the impact of this player.  I'm seeing a lot of comments from people saying they can't believe he lasted all the way until 13.  Credit Howie for trading ahead of the Ravens to snag him.  No way Baltimore selects Kyle Hamilton over Davis if Davis is still available at 14.  Payback for the Ngata Haloti - Broderick Bunkley draft day fiasco.

• Like 6

Big man looked good last night. This defensive line is going to be a problem for opposing QBs. 

Dean, White and Edwards all looked good too. Front 7 is going to be really, really good. 

• Like 4

A disruptive big man in the middle can completely change a defense. Howie might have gotten this one right.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

A disruptive big man in the middle can completely change a defense. Howie might have gotten this one right.

I think he got 3 picks in a row right for this draft class. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

So is it safe to say that "Howie nailed the draft?” 😂🤣😂

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, EazyEaglez said:

Bolted locked and nailed!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Wasn’t sure about jurgens until last night. Now I’m absolutely sure it was a great pick. He looks fantastic, and great timing for him to learn off Kelce and play games like this 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

It’s amazing how drafting good players from good colleges works out.

Hopefully Howie has learned from his draft failures and continues doing this

37 minutes ago, rrfierce said:

Wasn’t sure about jurgens until last night. Now I’m absolutely sure it was a great pick. He looks fantastic, and great timing for him to learn off Kelce and play games like this 

I couldn't decide who I liked watching more him or Davis. They were fun to watch! Nakobe Dean was playing really well too I even seen him getting the front 7 in their spots too. Awesome to see finally out of the linebackers 

19 hours ago, Procus said:

It's almost for a lot of people like they're having a delayed reaction to the impact of this player.  I'm seeing a lot of comments from people saying they can't believe he lasted all the way until 13.  Credit Howie for trading ahead of the Ravens to snag him.  No way Baltimore selects Kyle Hamilton over Davis if Davis is still available at 14.  Payback for the Ngata Haloti - Broderick Bunkley draft day fiasco.

I predicted the Eagles trading up to jump ahead of the Ravens to get Davis, I wanted that, or for the Ravens to take action.  I thought he was worth 12,  Aaron Donald was taken at 12.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, downundermike said:

It’s amazing how drafting good players from good colleges works out.

Hopefully Howie has learned from his draft failures and continues doing this

top sparq / top RAS freakbeast athletes.

10 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

He didn't try to out think himself this time. He didn't try some stupid hunch/weird move/like Reagor.... and did the right things, kept it simple and got it right.

I never really knew what a love/hate relationship actually was, until I met Howie. 

• Like 2