Round 1 pick #13 Eagles select Georgia DT Jordan Davis

Moderator6

10 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

I think moving up by giving away two picks wasn't necessary. 

You're upset with 4th and 5th round picks? Really?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, judunno said:

You're upset with 4th and 5th round picks? Really?

They aren't throw aways. You realize our starting Center and LT are 6th and 7th rounders right? You should get a solid player in the 4th. 

• Like 1

Saying he "can’t pass rush” is not true. He was not asked to do that. I even posted tweets of videos of their defensive coordinator explaining what they do.

2 hours ago, NOTW said:

So much for draft assets. 

Screenshot_20220429-085025_Facebook.jpg

We got our guys. AJ is a slam dunk, I will take known quantity over a gamble all day. The move up two spots was a little steep, but we are talking about late round picks. We have a few assets that are worth a late round pick each, we are not done. 

56 minutes ago, Kz! said:

OK, he was the second best defensive player in the nation. That's kind of incredible for a two down run stopper who isn't a game changer. :lol: 

Chase Young was both a Heisman Finalist and the Chuck Bednarik Award Winner. As was Ndamukong Suh. I don’t know WTF he’s talking about.

• Like 1

I like the guys we got I just didn't like losing all those picks.  Hopefully we trade a player or two to get a couple mid round picks back, since we still have multiple needs. 

10 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

They aren't throw aways. You realize our starting Center and LT are 6th and 7th rounders right? You should get a solid player in the 4th. 

They weren't thrown away... they got a beast lol. He's the size of two small corners. So we got 2 in 1 lmao.

3 minutes ago, NOTW said:

'We had to trade up because in talent terms our GM couldn't find his own ass with both hands and a flashlight after pick 13'

That record honestly speaks of a complete failure to scout players beyond the top 15 prospects and makes me even more convinced that the late round successes are based on position coach recommendations rather than any rigorous scouting process.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, judunno said:

They weren't thrown away... they got a beast lol. He's the size of two small corners. So we got 2 in 1 lmao.

A fourth and a fifth is a steep steep price to move up two spots. Especially if you were planning on giving away a third for Brown. (Completely worth it btw)

Just now, Uscg-green said:

A fourth and a fifth is a steep steep price to move up two spots. Especially if you were planning on giving away a third for Brown. (Completely worth it btw)

Dude... they can easily get those picks back today. Why worry? They can trade back in the 2nd easily, trade Dillard, trade Reagor, they have options

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Traded up to 13th overall for a guy who struggles with pass rush?

He’s a run stopper.  This unit was top ten in the run defense last year but Cox suffered greatly in getting to the Qb because of double teams and graham being gone for pretty much the year.  They’re  gonna have to double team him on most downs whether it’s a run or pass.  It’s gonna let the other guys do a whole lot more on that line in terms of getting to the Qb, which in theory will help the secondary out.  Hell learn from the best on that line and grow his pass rush skills.  He seems like a well rounded character as well. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BornGreen said:

He’s a run stopper.  This unit was top ten in the run defense last year but Cox suffered greatly in getting to the Qb because of double teams and graham being gone for pretty much the year.  They’re  gonna have to double team him on most downs whether it’s a run or pass.  It’s gonna let the other guys do a whole lot more on that line in terms of getting to the Qb, which in theory will help the secondary out.  Hell learn from the best on that line and grow his pass rush skills.  He seems like a well rounded character as well. 

This... he'll eat up blocks to free up other pass rushers. I know Sweat and Reddick are salivating.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, judunno said:

trade Reagor

Oh come on now. Lol. For a half eaten hot dog?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Uscg-green said:

They can get a 6th or 7th possibly for a fool that thinks that he just needs new scenery to jump start his career. Point is they have trade chips. Sit back and relax. Hell they can probably get something for Minshew if they wanted to also. 

Just now, judunno said:

They can get a 6th or 7th possibly for a fool that thinks that he just needs new scenery to jump start his career. Point is they have trade chips. Sit back and relax. Hell they can probably get something for Minshew if they wanted to also. 

If Howie gets a sixth for Reagor I will never speak of the Reagor/Jefferson fiasco ever again.

7 minutes ago, judunno said:

Dude... they can easily get those picks back today. Why worry? They can trade back in the 2nd easily, trade Dillard, trade Reagor, they have options

Who's trading for Reagor?  He sucks, what will the get maybe a 7th?

Dillard might get a 5th, but is that worth losing depth on the O line?

The Davis trade up should have just been 2 picks not 3.  Then keep some flexibility to take more players for a defensive roster desperate for talent, or trade up assets for the 2nd or 3rd round so they don't miss out on talent.

4 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

Well now our excuse to other teams can be we have enough at wr currently instead of "he !?@&$+*>?! Sucks”  they’ll totally be fooled now!  

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, NOTW said:

The Davis trade up should have just been 2 picks not 3.  Then keep some flexibility to take more players for a defensive roster desperate for talent, or trade up assets for the 2nd or 3rd round so they don't miss out on talent.

They still have capital to get some picks back if they choose is the whole point. Like I said they can easily get a pick back by trading back in the 2nd.

1 minute ago, NOTW said:

I think they can get a 6th for Reagor. Which isn’t great,  but there are some solid gems to be had on those late rounds. Or they package that pick with another pick to move back up into an earlier round. Lots of possibilities. 

1 minute ago, judunno said:

They still have capital to get some picks back if they choose is the whole point. Like I said they can easily get a pick back by trading back in the 2nd.

Yeah… I wouldn’t trade back in the second though unless a handful of guys currently on the board go before 51. Specifically, Brisker, Booth, Ojabo, and Dean. Gotta take one at 51 if they are there. 

A little rich to move up a couple of spots for someone who will be a rotational piece his first year. 13th picks are supposed to start right away, but he won't over what we currently have. Losing those extra picks hurts, as they still have to fill CB2, Safety, interior Oline, LB, with four picks remaining.