Round 1 pick #13 Eagles select Georgia DT Jordan Davis

Moderator6

12 minutes ago, GroundAttack said:

I'm going to say it. I see a lot of Jerome Brown in him

He really has the potential to be a top 5 DT in the league.  The physical tools are there.  But the guy seems like he's wired the right way upstairs as well.  Lethal combination.

12 hours ago, Procus said:

He really has the potential to be a top 5 DT in the league.  The physical tools are there.  But the guy seems like he's wired the right way upstairs as well.  Lethal combination.

Such a big fan of him. Can’t wait to see him live on the 12th

• Like 1

On 8/2/2022 at 8:39 AM, GroundAttack said:

Such a big fan of him. Can’t wait to see him live on the 12th

Same here.  I still can't fathom how he slid to 13.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Procus said:

Same here.  I still can't fathom how he slid to 13.

Dude seems to have all the intangibles, but some question his work ethic and wonder why he didn’t play on 3rd down. I really hope he makes it though, because he looks like he could become a disruptive force up the middle for a long time.

• Like 1

Davis is gonna rupture both of Cam Jurgens' achilles if this keeps happening :o  Geesh!  Davis is....beastly!

6 hours ago, Vlad67 said:

That's Kelce he pushed right?

I think it was Cam Jurgens

• Like 1

Teams are going to have to double Davis. Our DEs and edge rushers should have very productive seasons.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, brkmsn said:

Teams are going to have to double Davis. Our DEs and edge rushers should have very productive seasons.

Not to mention the starting corners. If they cover well and the qbs hold the ball longer, it should result it plenty of sacks

• Like 2

Davis is getting a lot of praise at TC.  Glad that he is on our team and not others.  It seems hard not to play him as a rookie.  If so, will they sit Cox or put him in a rotation?  Idea of trading Cox may even emerge, but this FO tends to keep vets around passing their prime years. 

I just don't understand how a freak of nature like Davis, who has a damn good head on his shoulders, who helped lead the national championship defense - how a guy like this slips out of the top 3, let alone the top 5 - is beyond me.  From where I'm sitting, the Eagles got a gift at 13 and I credit Howie for trading up and avoiding a repeat of missing out on Ngata Haloti

• Like 1

On 8/4/2022 at 7:59 PM, EazyEaglez said:

Dude seems to have all the intangibles, but some question his work ethic and wonder why he didn’t play on 3rd down. I really hope he makes it though, because he looks like he could become a disruptive force up the middle for a long time.

18 minutes ago, Penn7980 said:

Davis is getting a lot of praise at TC.  Glad that he is on our team and not others.  It seems hard not to play him as a rookie.  If so, will they sit Cox or put him in a rotation?  Idea of trading Cox may even emerge, but this FO tends to keep vets around passing their prime years. 

14 minutes ago, Procus said:

I just don't understand how a freak of nature like Davis, who has a damn good head on his shoulders, who helped lead the national championship defense - how a guy like this slips out of the top 3, let alone the top 5 - is beyond me.  From where I'm sitting, the Eagles got a gift at 13 and I credit Howie for trading up and avoiding a repeat of missing out on Ngata Haloti

Davis only played a really limited number of snaps and his pass rush ability was all projection. Some thought he was just an elite run stuffer.

Signs are all extremely positive though.

Even though he has improved his conditioning, he still won’t effectively be able to play the majority of snaps, so Cox will certainly have a place in the rotation. I expect Davis to surpass him as the preferred starter however.

• Like 1

I like the idea of teaming him with Milton Williams inside. That way you’ll have an enormous power player next to an undersized, but amazingly quick player. I think that will be tough for an offense to deal with.

3 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

I like the idea of teaming him with Milton Williams inside. That way you’ll have an enormous power player next to an undersized, but amazingly quick player. I think that will be tough for an offense to deal with.

I like teaming him up with Cox and Hargrave with Graham and Reddick on the outside in a hybrid 5 man front.  Major damage can be done with that crew

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Procus said:

I like teaming him up with Cox and Hargrave with Graham and Reddick on the outside in a hybrid 5 man front.  Major damage can be done with that crew

Was thinking that earlier. Playing a 5-2

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Davis only played a really limited number of snaps and his pass rush ability was all projection. Some thought he was just an elite run stuffer.

Signs are all extremely positive though.

Even though he has improved his conditioning, he still won’t effectively be able to play the majority of snaps, so Cox will certainly have a place in the rotation. I expect Davis to surpass him as the preferred starter however.

Cox is probably better used as a rotational option at this point anyway. I hope the kid completely overtakes him by the end of the season. 

1 hour ago, Procus said:

:drool:

On 8/8/2022 at 2:36 PM, Procus said:

Jurgens looked like a Frog hopping backwards..

Just now, Jeep_man said:

Someone put together that video in reverse on Twitter and there were a few people freaking out about what a wimp Davis was.  lol

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Procus said:

Someone put together that video in reverse on Twitter and there were a few people freaking out about what a wimp Davis was.  lol

Saw that. People who don’t understand physics even a little bit. 

17 minutes ago, Jeep_man said:

He got manhandled by a monster, but it was actually decent technique trying to reset his anchor. Otherwise Davis likely would have put him on his ass. 

• Like 3