Round 1 pick #13 Eagles select Georgia DT Jordan Davis

Moderator6

1 minute ago, vaff said:

It’s also less of a concern, when you have a guy nicknamed "Godzilla” in front of you.

Not for nothing, but he did have that guy in front of him in college too. 

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

In the NFL today big linebackers aren’t as big of a need as ones who can play the run and pass. Sam Mills played the game at 5-9 and 230, and that was during a much more physical NFL. I’m not worry about his size, but I do wonder if he can stay healthy.

The health is definitely an issue. I mean some reports (emphasis on reports) have him needing pec surgery and various other injuries too.

12 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

The health is definitely an issue. I mean some reports (emphasis on reports) have him needing pec surgery and various other injuries too.

Howie said he should be ready for TC. I hope it’s true. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Howie said he would be ready for mini camp this week, didn’t he?

47 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Yeah me too. I mean if he is? With what he brings in terms of ability and leadership? This could be a freaking steal! But are that many other teams wrong about it? Makes me nervous. 

3 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

He says there was incorrect information in the reports.  In any event, sans those reports, the Eagles don't get to draft him.

• Like 1

On 4/28/2022 at 9:48 PM, Moderator6 said:

Traded up from 15 + a 4th and two 5ths this year.

Jordan Davis was the guy I was hoping would be drafted with the Eagles first pick.  You can't teach his measurables, and the guy has both a Bednarik award AND a ring.

We now have beasts on both lines.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Procus said:

He says there was incorrect information in the reports.  In any event, sans those reports, the Eagles don't get to draft him.

Very true my friend. Howie and Dean are denying the information in those reports but I think it's a concern until it is proven otherwise. 

I remember rookies being signed being dramatic

• Like 1

1 hour ago, matchew88 said:

I remember rookies being signed being dramatic

Set salary schedule, when in the past Drew Rosen****nozzle/all the other agents having them hold out for the player above/below them for more/less money.

• Like 1

Wonder if we will use him for blocking on short yardage runs? Him and and mailata could make massive holes 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, rrfierce said:

Wonder if we will use him for blocking on short yardage runs? Him and and mailata could make massive holes 

Another Super Weapon!

Anyone else see JD's press conference today?  In addition to being a mammoth of a man, the kid is poised and seemingly mature beyond his years.  Looks like the Eagles snagged themselves a good one.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, NOTW said:

Another Super Weapon!

Please no

• Haha 1

Like to see Tom Brady or Wentz try that BS QB sneak now. Davis will be having a qb snack 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SlimReaper4Six said:

Like to see Tom Brady or Wentz try that BS QB sneak now. Davis will be having a qb snack 

We’ve seen against the Bucs what a big NT can do even against one of the best run offenses too.

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

Chris Long had Davis on his greenlight podcast. Really fun interview. Very excited he’s on our team 

• Like 2

On 5/5/2022 at 9:07 PM, Eaglesfandan said:

Set salary schedule, when in the past Drew Rosen****nozzle/all the other agents having them hold out for the player above/below them for more/less money.

And we don’t put stupid language in our deals like LAC and Dallas

On 5/6/2022 at 6:20 PM, NOTW said:

Another Super Weapon!

the Eagles are a rare team that has so many players who are big, great athletes, with versatility.

Jordan Davis ran for a TD last year.
Lane Johnson caught a TD pass last year.

Cam Jurgens will likely be sitting this year, unless the Eagles use him as a TE/FB.   According to ESPN, he was the #4 Tight End coming out of High School, and he ran the ball a lot and well in high school.   etc etc etc.  the Eagles have the players.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Random Reglar said:

the Eagles are a rare team that has so many players who are big, great athletes, with versatility.

Cam Jurgens will likely be sitting this year, unless the Eagles use him as a TE/FB.   According to ESPN, he was the #4 Tight End coming out of High School, and he ran the ball a lot and well in high school.   etc etc etc.  the Eagles have the players.

You can't teach Jordan Davis' measurables.  You also can't teach the way he carries himself.  He has all the makings of becoming a force and leader on this defense and I believe if he stays healthy, five years from now we'll look back and say he should have been a top five pick.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

If Jordan Davis was available when Buddy Ryan was running the team, does anybody seriously doubt whether or not Buddy would have picked him?

3 hours ago, Random Reglar said:

Using a player on a trick play once in their entire career, or even once a season is much different than suggesting they convert an OT into a RB used regularly. 

• Like 2