Round 1 pick #13 Eagles select Georgia DT Jordan Davis

Moderator6

3 hours ago, Procus said:

If Jordan Davis was available when Buddy Ryan was running the team, does anybody seriously doubt whether or not Buddy would have picked him?

Buddy had a great eye for talent (on defense) but he’d sometimes surprise you with his evaluation. So I’m not really sure what he’d think of Davis. He plays kinda upright without great knee bend, so maybe that would have been a turnoff despite his other great attributes.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Buddy had a great eye for talent (on defense) but he’d sometimes surprise you with his evaluation. So I’m not really sure what he’d think of Davis. He plays kinda upright without great knee bend, so maybe that would have been a turnoff despite his other great attributes.

Buddy understood that many things were coachable. What he didn't like in players was a lack of intelligence. I don't think he'd have any issue with Davis. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Right4thePicking said:

Did we just draft our current day warren Sapp?

DT-wise that would be great. Wasn't Warren a bit of an A$hole off the field? Perhaps I'm misremembering, don't know.

3 hours ago, eglz1 said:

DT-wise that would be great. Wasn't Warren a bit of an A$hole off the field? Perhaps I'm misremembering, don't know.

I'm speaking of production in football. And thec personality that Davis presented so far is interviews, is so refreshing classact that I wouldn't compare that part of him to even Tom Brady.

Just now, Right4thePicking said:

I'm speaking of production in football. And thec personality that Davis presented so far is interviews, is so refreshing classact that I wouldn't compare that part of him to even Tom Brady.

Agreed, Davis seems like a responsible young adult. That's not as common as it should be in the pro sports world.

• Like 2

On 6/15/2022 at 11:00 AM, eglz1 said:

Different temperament, and much smaller than Davis.  IIRC, Sapp was on the smallish side as DT's went at the time.

On 4/30/2022 at 4:24 PM, EazyEaglez said:

In the NFL today big linebackers aren’t as big of a need as ones who can play the run and pass. Sam Mills played the game at 5-9 and 230, and that was during a much more physical NFL. I’m not going to worry about his size, but I do wonder if he can stay healthy.

5-9, 230 is short but I wouldn't call it small, I'd much rather block a LB at 6-2, 230, it's the low man wins thing.

I was fortunate to see all 4 years of Mills colligate career at Montclair State.

On 6/15/2022 at 8:00 AM, eglz1 said:

Yes.  He treated women really poorly 

Aaron Donald isn't going to play forever.  Jordan Davis has that generational freak athleticism and size to go along with good character.  If his career has the good fortune of good health *knock on wood* then he could become a player that will be in the conversation for best DT in the league.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

If Davis gets himself in top shape from an endurance standpoint and improves his technique, it'll be "Go Go Godzilla" time at the Linc.

• Like 2

On 7/7/2022 at 10:30 PM, PoconoDon said:

If Davis gets himself in top shape from an endurance standpoint and improves his technique, it'll be "Go Go Godzilla" time at the Linc.

Lets hope so bro..

• Like 1

On 6/8/2022 at 7:01 AM, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Buddy would have cared more about whether Davis had that combination of nasty and smart that Buddy always looked for.  A small technical issue wouldn't have stopped Buddy from picking Davis.

6 hours ago, Prime said:

You're trying too hard. 

Maybe.

Maybe you're caring too much.

55 minutes ago, Godfather said:

Just call him "the hog"

well, thats dumb

• Like 1

On 7/13/2022 at 8:27 PM, olsilverhair said:

well, thats dumb

Don't take your anger out on me because @hputenis has your cake hole gapping in pain

• Haha 1

On 7/13/2022 at 8:31 PM, Godfather said:

Just call him "the hog"

If anything, he would be the Big Dawg, as he is a Georgia Bulldawg.

Can we get a nickname search on Big Dawg? Is that taken already?

Maybe we just let him play and earn his reputation first.

4 hours ago, CouchKing said:

If anything, he would be the Big Dawg, as he is a Georgia Bulldawg.

Can we get a nickname search on Big Dawg? Is that taken already?

Maybe we just let him play and earn his reputation first.

Fat hog is better

On 7/18/2022 at 10:39 AM, Godfather said:

Fat hog is better

how about "Jolly Green Giant"

Judging from this offseason, already it appears the Packers got 2 absolute studs from Georgia in Quay Walker and Devonte Wyatt. I hear the Eagles are hoping Davis can keep his weight down, yikes!

So, then I went back and watched All-22 film of the Georgia defense. Sure enough, Walker and Wyatt stood out as 2 of the playmakers and game wreckers on the D.

Really great to add these 2 beasts to this already potent D. I can't wait to see practice on Ray Nitschke Field in a couple days. 

I also can't wait to roll into Philly on November 27th, and absolutely STEAMROLL the Eagles. It's business, nothing personal.

Screenshot_20220724-044614_(1).png

Screenshot_20220724-045320_(1).png

4 hours ago, PackerNation said:

Judging from this offseason, already it appears the Packers got 2 absolute studs from Georgia in Quay Walker and Devonte Wyatt. I hear the Eagles are hoping Davis can keep his weight down, yikes!

So, then I went back and watched All-22 film of the Georgia defense. Sure enough, Walker and Wyatt stood out as 2 of the playmakers and game wreckers on the D.

Really great to add these 2 beasts to this already potent D. I can't wait to see practice on Ray Nitschke Field in a couple days. 

I also can't wait to roll into Philly on November 27th, and absolutely STEAMROLL the Eagles. It's business, nothing personal.

Screenshot_20220724-044614_(1).png

Lol - Davis is a blue chip prospect. Walker and Wyatt are borderline first round talents. I'd rather have Nakobe Dean than Walker and we got him in the third round. 

19 minutes ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Lol - Davis is a blue chip prospect. Walker and Wyatt are borderline first round talents. I'd rather have Nakobe Dean than Walker and we got him in the third round. 

Yeah ok, you are the type that can't handle hearing about other teams with great rosters, that added to those rosters this offseason. The Eagles are a average team. Don't try and compare your team to the elite teams.

Should we go over the Eagles and Packers position groups on defense? There is not one group where the Eagles have more talent or depth.

You really don't want to try and brag about your draft picks or roster. The Packers roster is FAR superior. I will embarrass you quickly.

images (14).jpeg