Round 1 pick #13 Eagles select Georgia DT Jordan Davis

Moderator6

4 minutes ago, PackerNation said:

Yeah ok, you are the type that can't handle hearing about other teams with great rosters, that added to those rosters this offseason. The Eagles are a average team. Don't try and compare your team to the elite teams.

Should we go over the Eagles and Packers position groups on defense? There is not one group where the Eagles have more talent or depth.

You really don't want to try and brag about your draft picks or roster. The Packers roster is FAR superior. I will embarrass you quickly.

images (14).jpeg

Ha - I have no issue with the Pack and when were we talking about rosters?  Simply said I preferred the Eagles draft, especially as we got AJ Brown as well. I'd rather have Davis than Wyatt, I'd rather have Dean than Walker and I'd certainly rather have AJ Brown than Christian Watson.

I was hoping Rodgers would get one more ring, but your window is closing. Love hasn't looked good in limited time. Interesting decision there.

38 minutes ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Ha - I have no issue with the Pack and when were we talking about rosters?  Simply said I preferred the Eagles draft, especially as we got AJ Brown as well. I'd rather have Davis than Wyatt, I'd rather have Dean than Walker and I'd certainly rather have AJ Brown than Christian Watson.

I was hoping Rodgers would get one more ring, but your window is closing. Love hasn't looked good in limited time. Interesting decision there. 

Well, just saying you would "rather have" doesn't make those players better. Different kind of LBs, but no one on earth but you would say Dean is the better player over Quay Walker. 

Yes, the Packers are due to raise a Lombardi. It's been since 2011. They are for sure among the Super Bowl contenders and this season is about taking care of unfinished business.

J-Love is one of the best backup QBs in the league. You dream of having him. If you are going to fully judge him off very limited action then that is on you. His stats were better than Pat Mahomes in the loss to the Chiefs. Mahomes 20-37 for 166 yards and 1 TD. Love was 19-34 for 190 yards and 1 TD. Close game on the road for J-Love. 

Developing well and exactly where we want him to be. Has been working the last few months with Tom Clements, who is the person who Aaron credits for his own development as a young QB. 

Packers are set up in the present and future at QB.

images-7.jpg

34 minutes ago, PackerNation said:

Well, just saying you would "rather have" doesn't make those players better. Different kind of LBs, but no one on earth but you would say Dean is the better player over Quay Walker. 

Yes, the Packers are due to raise a Lombardi. It's been since 2011. They are for sure among the Super Bowl contenders and this season is about taking care of unfinished business.

J-Love is one of the best backup QBs in the league. You dream of having him. If you are going to fully judge him off very limited action then that is on you. His stats were better than Pat Mahomes in the loss to the Chiefs. Mahomes 20-37 for 166 yards and 1 TD. Love was 19-34 for 190 yards and 1 TD. Close game on the road for J-Love. 

Developing well and exactly where we want him to be. Has been working the last few months with Tom Clements, who is the person who Aaron credits for his own development as a young QB. 

Packers are set up in the present and future at QB.

images-7.jpg

No one on earth? Pretty much every draft site and expert had Dean as a better prospect than Walker. Now of course they can be wrong, but who knows at this stage if Dean fell because of size or injury concerns or both and whether those concerns are legit. No point in debating now though. They've not even played a pre-season game yet. We probably won't know who works out better for 2/3 years. I'm just excited to have some talent at LB for once.

Future is mirky for Love. What if Rodgers wants to play for another couple of years? You can't keep them both. I'm happy enough with Hurts and our two first rounders next year as back-up. 

16 minutes ago, ManchesterEagle said:

No one on earth? Pretty much every draft site and expert had Dean as a better prospect than Walker. Now of course they can be wrong, but who knows at this stage if Dean fell because of size or injury concerns or both and whether those concerns are legit. No point in debating now though. They've not even played a pre-season game yet. We probably won't know who works out better for 2/3 years. I'm just excited to have some talent at LB for once.

Future is mirky for Love. What if Rodgers wants to play for another couple of years? You can't keep them both. I'm happy enough with Hurts and our two first rounders next year as back-up. 

Part of being thought of highly by "draft experts" is not having injuries. Dean is injury prone and teams rightly stayed away.

Do you see me saying that Devonte Wyatt slid to #28 because he had a domestic charge on his record? Sure, he may have slid, but I am not going to say he is better than Jordan Davis. I'll leave that kind of thing to you. I think Davis and Wyatt are both very good players.

Why can't the Packers keep Love? You wish. Lol. The Packers are not trading him for a reason. They like what they have. If they didn't think he was the future at the position they would be listening to trade offers, and would trade him. They have no interest whatsoever in trading him. The Packers will decide on his 5th year option in 2023. Keep dreaming if you think the Packers are going to screw themselves and get rid of the QB they feel is the future at the position. Come on, you are better than that. 

Aaron will indeed most likely play a couple more years. There is though a chance if the Packers raise another Lombardi in February, that Aaron could decide to end his career on top. If they do win it all, he also could be motivated by wanting to run it back in 2023.

Stay tuned...I know you will. lol.

18 hours ago, PackerNation said:

Part of being thought of highly by "draft experts" is not having injuries. Dean is injury prone and teams rightly stayed away.

So never missing a college game makes one injury-prone?

10 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

So never missing a college game makes one injury-prone?

Screenshot_20220725-070241_(1).png

Do you have any other questions?

Just now, PackerNation said:

Screenshot_20220725-070241_(1).png

So ... pretty much like everybody that plays tackle football. He didn't miss a single college game. Kelce was "hurt" all year last year and played through it. Nobody is calling him injury-prone.

1 hour ago, brkmsn said:

So ... pretty much like everybody that plays tackle football. He didn't miss a single college game. Kelce was "hurt" all year last year and played through it. Nobody is calling him injury-prone.

So, the fact he "may need pec surgery post-rookie year", and that he has "had a laundry list of injuries" makes you feel great about him?

Dude, face the fact that the only reason you are lying and saying you have no concerns about him, is because he got drafted by the Eagles.

Stop trying to compare his situation to Kelce. Two different worlds.

Wow, someone doesn't have a life.

10 hours ago, PackerNation said:

So, the fact he "may need pec surgery post-rookie year", and that he has "had a laundry list of injuries" makes you feel great about him?

Dude, face the fact that the only reason you are lying and saying you have no concerns about him, is because he got drafted by the Eagles.

Stop trying to compare his situation to Kelce. Two different worlds.

You're barking up the wrong tree, dude. I have less concern about injuries than anybody here. Don't pretend to know me. You don't. The faint at heart are always worried about injuries. What does that get you? It's football. Injuries happen. That's why you have more than 22 players on a roster. There have been fans here worried about Josh Sweat since he was drafted (because of pre draft concerns about his knee). Last year, Sweat finally had enough "hearing" about the knee in every discussion:

It wouldn't make sense for me to "lie about (injury) concerns" for a player we haven't even seen play in the NFL yet. He may not even win a starting job this year. TJ Edwards isn't exactly a scrub, so if Dean wins that starting nod, he's beating out a pretty good young player. 

p.s.   don't tell me what or whom I can and can't compare --- just more proof that you know nothing about me. 

18 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

You're barking up the wrong tree, dude. I have less concern about injuries than anybody here. Don't pretend to know me. You don't. The faint at heart are always worried about injuries. What does that get you? It's football. Injuries happen. That's why you have more than 22 players on a roster. There have been fans here worried about Josh Sweat since he was drafted (because of pre draft concerns about his knee). Last year, Sweat finally had enough "hearing" about the knee in every discussion:

It wouldn't make sense for me to "lie about (injury) concerns" for a player we haven't even seen play in the NFL yet. He may not even win a starting job this year. TJ Edwards isn't exactly a scrub, so if Dean wins that starting nod, he's beating out a pretty good young player. 

p.s.   don't tell me what or whom I can and can't compare --- just more proof that you know nothing about me. 

What does Josh Sweat have to do with Dean?

The reason the topic was brought up is because one of your cohorts said how superior Dean was to Quay Walker. Not sure why he wants to compare the two, because they are totally different types of LBs. But he said Dean is thought of much more highly than Walker and that there is zero concern about his injury history.

Just more delusional Eagles fanboys claiming they have no concerns about anything. And anyone who brings up Dean's laundry list of injuries is just a "hater" and a "troll."

I wish Dean the best. Hopefully he can stay healthy this season. Quay Walker should see plenty of action at ILB for the Pack.

Looking forward to it!

4 minutes ago, PackerNation said:

What does Josh Sweat have to do with Dean?

The reason the topic was brought up is because one of your cohorts said how superior Dean was to Quay Walker. Not sure why he wants to compare the two, because they are totally different types of LBs. But he said Dean is thought of much more highly than Walker and that there is zero concern about his injury history.

Just more delusional Eagles fanboys claiming they have no concerns about anything. And anyone who brings up Dean's laundry list of injuries is just a "hater" and a "troll."

I wish Dean the best. Hopefully he can stay healthy this season. Quay Walker should see plenty of action at ILB for the Pack.

Looking forward to it!

Josh Sweat was also a 1st round talent that slipped (round 4) in his draft because of supposed injury concerns. So it's pretty much the same circumstance. Don't blame me if you can't see it. You're the one making a big deal about something that obviously didn't prevent him from playing, and at a high level, thus far. 

You should be careful. There are a lot of people labeling you as a troll. I have no problem with fans of other teams posting their opinions. But if you're going to continue to post anti-Eagles fan memes in TATE, you really are trolling as a fan of another team. There's a forum for that (Rant 'N Rave) where you can troll to your heart's delight. Just to be clear, I'm not jealous of you or your team. Your "ancient" history is older than ours. You have an elite QB, but not an "elite" team. Rodgers can keep on winning MVPs, but with no more rings to show for it, that's nothing for GB fans to celebrate ... 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, brkmsn said:

Josh Sweat was also a 1st round talent that slipped (round 4) in his draft because of supposed injury concerns. So it's pretty much the same circumstance. Don't blame me if you can't see it. You're the one making a big deal about something that obviously didn't prevent him from playing, and at a high level, thus far. 

You should be careful. There are a lot of people labeling you as a troll. I have no problem with fans of other teams posting their opinions. But if you're going to continue to post anti-Eagles fan memes in TATE, you really are trolling as a fan of another team. There's a forum for that (Rant 'N Rave) where you can troll to your heart's delight. Just to be clear, I'm not jealous of you or your team. Your "ancient" history is older than ours. You have an elite QB, but not an "elite" team. Rodgers can keep on winning MVPs, but with no more rings to show for it, that's nothing for GB fans to celebrate ... 

I don't care what "people" here "label" me.

This fan forum holds no more weight in my life than a hand held video game. 

"People" here and what they think or say means absolutely nothing to me.

You can try and say the Packers are not one of the elite top 5 teams in the league, but that doesn't make it true. I'm not going to go over the Packers stacked roster at this time. I have nothing to prove to you. Everyone knows the Packers are one of the favs to win the Super Bowl in Feb.

Yes, the Packers are indeed due(Last Lombardi 2011) The Pack have left some unfinished business the last few years. I can tell you that the team, and Packer Nation are 100% focused on bringing another Lombardi to it's home in Green Bay.

Please bet against us...

OneTeamOneNation

PackerNation!

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, PackerNation said:

I don't care what "people" here "label" me.

This fan forum holds no more weight in my life than a hand held video game. 

"People" here and what they think or say means absolutely nothing to me.

You can try and say the Packers are not one of the elite top 5 teams in the league, but that doesn't make it true. I'm not going to go over the Packers stacked roster at this time. I have nothing to prove to you. Everyone knows the Packers are one of the favs to win the Super Bowl in Feb.

Yes, the Packers are indeed due(Last Lombardi 2011) The Pack have left some unfinished business the last few years. I can tell you that the team, and Packer Nation are 100% focused on bringing another Lombardi to it's home in Green Bay.

Please bet against us...

OneTeamOneNation

PackerNation!

Being even a top 5 team does not an elite team make. 

I couldn't care less about Packer Nation. That's a fan cliché. Focus on whatever you want. Focus on fake foam cheese headwear, it won't make your team elite. 

BTW: It's a game of inches. It's a passing league. It's a copycat league. It's a chess match. You have to take it one game at a time. You have to give 110%. They need to leave it all on the field. You have to play the whole 60 minutes. That's why they play the game. You need to win in the trenches. We just have to execute. It depends on the spot. A win is a win. Time's yours ...

Enjoy your team's marketing clichés

10 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

It's not a "fan cliche" I first used OneTeamOneNation in a article on packers.com in 2009. If others have picked up on it...Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

I am glad you think the Packers are not a elite team. You are a nobody and irrelevant. 

Enjoy watching us have a successful season that has a great chance of ending up in Glendale.

One thing I do know is that Eagles are not near the level of the true Super Bowl Championship contenders.

Green Bay

Buffalo 

Kansas City

L.A. Rams

Tampa Bay

There are a few that have a lot more to prove before they are true contenders. Cincy, and the Chargers are in that group.

And the pretenders like Dallas, Denver, and Oakland.

1 hour ago, PackerNation said:

It's not a "fan cliche" I first used OneTeamOneNation in a article on packers.com in 2009. If others have picked up on it...Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Every team's fan base calls themselves a "nation." It's the cliché of clichés. It's cute that you're claiming credit for "OneTeamOneNation" though.

1 hour ago, PackerNation said:

You are a nobody and irrelevant. 

That makes two of us. 

On 7/24/2022 at 4:49 AM, PackerNation said:

Judging from this offseason, already it appears the Packers got 2 absolute studs from Georgia in Quay Walker and Devonte Wyatt. I hear the Eagles are hoping Davis can keep his weight down, yikes!

So, then I went back and watched All-22 film of the Georgia defense. Sure enough, Walker and Wyatt stood out as 2 of the playmakers and game wreckers on the D.

Really great to add these 2 beasts to this already potent D. I can't wait to see practice on Ray Nitschke Field in a couple days. 

I also can't wait to roll into Philly on November 27th, and absolutely STEAMROLL the Eagles. It's business, nothing personal.

It's July and you logged onto the discussion board of a non-division team to give a nerdy breakdown of some draft picks. You thought you really did something here.

:roll:

200.gif

• Haha 6

19 hours ago, brkmsn said:

Ignore him brkmsn. He’s just a troll. He claimed "no-one on the planet” thinks Dean is better than Walker. When I called him out on it, he just backtracked and twisted my argument. 

He also thinks Jordan Love is good.

Dude's team has had hall of fame quarterback play for over a quarter century and each one has as many championships as Trent Dilfer. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, b_west3 said:

Dude's team has had hall of fame quarterback play for over a quarter century and each one has as many championships as Trent Dilfer. 

And Brad Johnson, and Nick Foles, and Joe Flacco

49 minutes ago, downundermike said:

And Brad Johnson, and Nick Foles, and Joe Flacco

Yeah I thought of those too, but I had to make sure I cut deep from the jump. 

• Like 1

I'm going to say it. I see a lot of Jerome Brown in him

9 minutes ago, GroundAttack said:

I'm going to say it. I see a lot of Jerome Brown in him

at his size, I see all of Jerome Brown in him, please a portion of Reggie White