Are the Foreskins still an NFL team?

wtfcares

11 hours ago, paco said:

I’m not going to lie, on draft day I was in on him. And I was just saying this to Schmoopie earlier:

During his draft, I was finishing up the tile work at our rental property. We are talking hands and knees s*** in the hardest corner (the bedroom length closet) of the house. So while I had the draft on, I could only keep an ear on it and not check the interwebs and what not. Thin set mortar and electronics don’t mix. 

Anyway, I heard what a talent he was supposed to be (I’m not a college guy, so my opinion means nothing) and watched him drop. I thought, holy crap, if he really is this good, this solves the Smallwood problem. 

He drops to the skins. We have Smallwood.  I’m pissed. 

a few years later, we win it all, Smallwood goes to the rwords, and guice is out of the league. This is why I’m never going to be a gm

Don't be so hard on yourself, it was still a better take than picking Danny Watkins.  

11 hours ago, paco said:

I’m not going to lie, on draft day I was in on him. And I was just saying this to Schmoopie earlier:

During his draft, I was finishing up the tile work at our rental property. We are talking hands and knees s*** in the hardest corner (the bedroom length closet) of the house. So while I had the draft on, I could only keep an ear on it and not check the interwebs and what not. Thin set mortar and electronics don’t mix. 

Anyway, I heard what a talent he was supposed to be (I’m not a college guy, so my opinion means nothing) and watched him drop. I thought, holy crap, if he really is this good, this solves the Smallwood problem. 

He drops to the skins. We have Smallwood.  I’m pissed. 

a few years later, we win it all, Smallwood goes to the rwords, and guice is out of the league. This is why I’m never going to be a gm

I don't know much about college guys either. I just hear the combine stuff. I knew there was character concerns there and I think injury as well. I wouldn't of hates if we got him but, I wasn't sold on him either. If duce says not to draft him I trust him. People may not like his rotations but, he is one hell of a RB coach

1 hour ago, dawkins4prez said:

Don't be so hard on yourself, it was still a better take than picking Danny Watkins.  

Even my dumb a** hated that pick

On 8/7/2020 at 11:19 PM, paco said:

I wanted him here, too.  Guice was doomed by a bunch of knee injuries.  He never got going, and at this point he probably never will. 

Ian Rappaport reported that he hurt is knee again just before he was hurt.  Maybe this helped make the decision?

Snyder be suing everybody

Washington owner Dan Snyder claims ex-employee took cash in exchange for spreading 'outrageous lies'

Washington Football Team owner Dan Snyder charged that a disgruntled former employee helped wage a campaign against him that resulted in defamatory articles, according to a filing in Federal District Court Monday.

Snyder asserted that Mary-Ellen Blair, who worked for the team from 2013 to '17 as an executive assistant in the front office, took money to help spread damaging information about him. The filing also stated that Blair "further directly offered or alluded to the availability of bribes to current employees of the Team" with hopes of eliciting further false statements.

On Friday, Snyder had filed a defamation case against Media Entertainment Arts WorldWide, a company based in India, over what it said would be included about him in an upcoming Washington Post story. The Post article detailed allegations of sexual harassment by five former Washington Football Team employees. The Post did not report that Snyder was involved in any way other than as the team owner.

But before the story was released, the meaww.com news site reported that Snyder was allegedly involved in sex trafficking, tying him to Jeffrey Epstein, the disgraced financier who died in jail after being charged with sex trafficking underage girls.

Snyder is seeking $10 million in damages from the media company. To bolster his case, Snyder is targeting Blair, who was terminated after a demotion and left the football organization on bad terms, according to the filing. Also, Snyder asked for access to documents that Blair has -- including confidential team records. The filing also said Blair started reaching out to current and past team employees in the late spring for damaging information against Snyder.

According to the filing, Blair acted at the direction of -- and with financial support from -- the same individuals who "hired and directed" MEAWW to publish their defamatory articles about Snyder. Nirnay Chowdharry, a founder of MEAWW, denied to the New York Times that his company has received money in exchange for writing stories.

In a statement, one of Snyder's attorneys, Joe Tacopina, said, "Mr. Snyder will not stand by idly as these criminals, for their own malicious reasons, seek to sully his good name through outrageous lies. To that end, we are aggressively pursuing Mary Ellen Blair, a disgruntled former employee who is clearly in the pocket of another and complicit in this scheme to defame Mr. Snyder, in order to ensure that the full weight of the law comes down heavily on all those responsible for these heinous acts."

When asked for comment, Blair's attorney, Lisa Banks, said: "Today's legal filing by Dan Snyder seeking documents from former employee Mary Ellen Blair is filled with numerous falsehoods, which are clearly intended to humiliate and intimidate her. Importantly, Ms. Blair never communicated with or provided information to the MEA WorldWide website or anyone related to Mr. Snyder's Indian lawsuit. This filing is an obvious and inappropriate attempt to silence Ms. Blair and others who may wish to communicate with legitimate news organizations about the culture of sexism, harassment and abuse that has existed at the highest levels of the Washington Football team for decades. Bullying and baselessly disparaging former employees who provide truthful information about their experience with Dan Snyder and his organization will do nothing to repair the reputation he claims in this filing to care so deeply about."

The filing stated that Blair used the confidential personal contact information that she "admittedly stole" to seek negative information from employees or other team affiliates about Snyder.

The filing says Blair told a Washington employee that the Washington Post article would "not be good for Dan," alluding that it would discuss him using drugs. It also alleged that she told a longtime personal employee of Snyder's that several of the team's minority shareholders did not want to do business with him any longer. The filing states those conversations with Blair were recorded.

Multiple reports have stated that minority owners Fred Smith, Bob Rothman and Dwight Schar want to sell their shares. They combine to own approximately 40 percent of the franchise.

Snyder also states in the filing that Blair has a "financial benefactor" who has helped with her rent. She lives in what the filing described as a luxury apartment building owned by Comstock. Schar's daughter, Tracy, is on the board of directors at Comstock and serves as the senior vice president for marketing at Comstock Holding Companies.

According to the New York Times, Comstock's board includes two other people who worked for Red Zone Capital, which is co-owned by Snyder and Dwight Schar.

In 2010, Snyder sued the Washington City Paper after an article detailed what it considered his many failings as an owner. The suit was eventually dropped.

He should try to be a better owner and person then he wouldn't have to worry about this kind of crap coming back at him. Sounds like another person in D.C. with the same problems lol

On 7/25/2020 at 9:16 PM, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Sure, I get that it would have been difficult to come up with an ideal logo or uniform in that time frame, but the could still have come up with a NAME in two weeks. Just give them a generic uniform without a logo -- which is precisely what they did anyway.

In fact they should have explored all the options a number of years ago. Every good business explores contingency plans for the rarest of scenarios, it is called scenario planning. This further highlights the incompetence of those running that team. 

On 8/8/2020 at 10:36 AM, dawkins4prez said:

But at least Watkins, worthless as a football player, was worth something within the community (as a fireman) and (as far as we know), wasn't out trying to murder women. So there's that. 

Let's make fun of everyone who's making fun of FedEx Field being empty in 2020

Peter Hailey  August 12, 2020 12:00 PM
Did you hear the one about how FedEx Field being empty in 2020 will actually be the same as recent years, because not many fans have been showing up to the stadium lately anyways? 

Well, if you were on Twitter at all on Wednesday, then yes, you heard that one. Then you heard it some more. And after that, you kept hearing it. 

The best part, of course, is that it got funnier every time you came across it, too. 

Like, the first time you saw something like this, you chuckled to yourself:

Nailed it, Raj!

But then, when you happened upon another version of that totally original joke, such as the following from Kevin, you legit laughed out loud:

And just when you thought it couldn't get ANY BETTER, someone else dropped a comedic HAMMER on you:

Hahahahahahahahaha. That is the GOOD STUFF right there.

Wait. Forget the good stuff. Dev is over here chiming in with the GREAT STUFF: 

Then there's Karl — good ole, quick-witted Karl — who just brought the house down with this one-liner:

Karl always comes through, man. 

As 106.7 The Fan's Chad Dukes pointed out, these people should all be shamed. Maybe Twitter can suspend their accounts, too, or just outright ban them.

Is FedEx Field a wild environment? Nope. Has the attendance for Washington Football Team games been well below average in the late 2010s? You bet.

Neither of those facts, however, excuse the thousands of brilliant super-geniuses from recycling the same, played-out zing over and over again in reaction to the empty stadium news. But at least they all got one or two likes from other brilliant super-geniuses for their efforts.

tenor.gif?itemid=5412476

2 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

We lost our home field advantage for week 1. <_< 

Stop. You'll make Peter Haley cry

Imagine being so insecure that tweets about a football team's attendance trigger the F out of you.

tenor_(43).gif.77f7ddbf3e83f09379a90cf14424bfe1.gif

Couldn't have happened to a classier dude either.  A few years ago around this time of the year, I was out to dinner with my wife's family for her grandmother's birthday at an awesome steakhouse in Charlotte.  Ron Rivera was at the front of the restaurant with a bunch of Carolina coaches.  None of us wanted to disturb him while he was eating, but he turned to us and asked "Who's the birthday girl?"  Then, without any of us asking, he got up, walked over and had his picture taken with my wife's grandma.  

Really glad he seemed to have caught this early on in the process.  What a bad arse that he's gonna attempt to just coach through this. 

No commentary. I'm just going to drop this right here

1 hour ago, paco said:

That was disturbing and hilarious and ummm..... Not sure lol

2 hours ago, paco said:

I am also struggling to find words here.  Part of me feels like I should send this to the Long Island police department.  Before the interview this conversation happened:

"If you take off your inflatable ketchup and mustard helmet at all during this interview, then it's back into the basement with shackles."    

Former Washington employee says lewd video of cheerleaders made for owner Daniel Snyder

A former Washington Football Team executive instructed employees to create a behind-the-scenes video for owner Daniel Snyder featuring clips of partially nude team cheerleaders pulled from a 2008 swimsuit calendar shoot, The Washington Post is reporting.

Brad Baker, who previously worked for former team senior vice president and lead broadcaster Larry Michael, told the Post in an interview that Michael told members of his staff to make the video for Snyder. Michael denied the allegations when reached by the Post.

"Larry said something to the effect of, 'We have a special project that we need to get done for the owner today: He needs us to get the good bits of the behind-the-scenes video from the cheerleader shoot onto a DVD for him,'" Baker told the Post.

Snyder and the team provided no comment after repeated requests from the Post.

One of the men Baker said was involved in making the video, Tim DeLaney, disputed the claim.

"I was never asked to create an outtakes video, and I have no knowledge of anyone creating one or even being asked to create one," said DeLaney, then Washington's vice president of production and now vice president of broadcast and digital content for the Arizona Cardinals. "I certainly would have remembered that conversation had it happened."

The newspaper also reported that a former cheerleader, Tiffany Bacon Scourby, said Snyder invited her to join "his close friend" in a hotel room so "they could get to know each other." The team's former cheerleader director was among three people who supported the account, the Post said.

The Post's 5,500-word story also detailed what several women said was a culture in which women were objectified. Several women told the Post of an informal online "support group" for former team employees. Brittany Pareti, who worked for the team from 2007 to 2012, said of the culture: "It was like fresh meat to a pack of wolves every time a new pack of interns would come in. It was like a frat house, with men lined up in the lobby watching women walk in and out. You constantly felt there were eyes on you."
A 2017 letter, sent by Julie Kalmanides, the team's only human resources employee at the time, said that "it has also been requested that, if at all possible, females are not present in any football areas while the players are here." Kalmanides told the Post that senior executives wrote the email and she distributed it.

Twenty-five women have spoken to the Post about experiencing sexual harassment while working for the team. Most spoke on the condition of anonymity because of nondisclosure agreements or fear of reprisal.

The latest revelations come amid Snyder's stated commitment to improving the culture inside the team following allegations of sexual harassment and a toxic workplace culture spanning from 2006 to 2019. In July, a letter, obtained by ESPN, was signed by Snyder and his wife, Tanya, and sent to each member of the organization. In it, the Snyders apologized on behalf of the team and asked for everybody's help "to build a better organizational culture."

The NFL has said it will wait for a law firm's review of the organization's culture before taking action.

On 8/22/2020 at 9:58 AM, paco said:

Instead of blowing a bunch of money for those awful tattoos maybe he should have gone to see a dentist 

8 hours ago, Mat said:

Instead of blowing a bunch of money for those awful tattoos maybe he should have gone to see a dentist 

Very broke people seem to have the most sheety tattoos

Archived