Are the Foreskins still an NFL team?

wtfcares

when she recalled him calling her "f-----g stupid”

Not a day goes by at work where this doesn't happen to someone at work at some point in the day. 

But most of all, Applegate said, they cried about the realization their dream job of working in the NFL came with what they characterized as relentless sexual harassment and verbal abuse that was ignored — and in some cases, condoned — by top team executives.

This is your dream job, eh?

3 hours ago, GrahamCracker said:

Thanks, I had no idea. Please do not lose sleep over the anguish that you might be causing my coworkers. Quite the thread to tug on here.

Me, watching all this

go0mfoQ.gif

You know how with South Park, they have an episode that no other show could get away with and people just shrug it off and say "That's just South Park".

That's the R-words.  It's just expected from this rotten organization.  

damn I have to sign up for extreme again. wonder if my IP is free again there yet.

JFC, so I text my friend, who again is a bleeding heart berniebot lib and a skins fan. I say, "damn bro, your football team is a mess".

the response I get is this, "media pc police just trying to make them pay. cmon kraft gets caught with a sex slave and not even a blip"

that ....came from an ultra lib !!!!!!! :roll:

Remember the R-words old GM, Vinny Cerrato?  

Apparently if you google him:

image.jpeg.008192b46eb7788005ff2acc917c536b.jpeg

Vinny Cerrato
Film actor

Film Actor?  :roll: 

He was in one crappy B movie, Kindergarten Ninja , and yet google decides THAT is more important than being a R-words GM :lol: 

52 minutes ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

damn I have to sign up for extreme again. wonder if my IP is free again there yet.

I don't even sign up for an account. I just go over to read their posts and they sure as heck don't let me down. :lol:

7 minutes ago, vsptroops said:

I don't even sign up for an account. I just go over to read their posts and they sure as heck don't let me down. :lol:

have to go check it out.

15 minutes ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

have to go check it out.

Before the story dropped they were sucking off Larry Michael.  Oh, you were a homer and a terrible broadcaster, but you really did love the REDSKINS and was such a nice guy:rolleyes:

Dude was a pig and everyone knew it

1 minute ago, paco said:

Before the story dropped they were sucking off Larry Michael.  "Oh, you were a homer and a terrible broadcaster, but you really did love the REDSKINS and was such a nice guy".  :rolleyes:

Dude was a pig and everyone knew it

To be honest, I never heard any of the things he is accused of and I live up here. I also have always wondered why Danny boy replaced beloved Frank Herzog with Larry back in 2004.

Really?  When he abruptly "retired", sexual harassment was my first guess.

14 minutes ago, paco said:

Really?  When he abruptly "retired", sexual harassment was my first guess.

Yeah I guess. I mean, when I heard he resigned, I didn't give it much thought. I guess that's because that football team has been so damn irrelevant for so long that whenever something happens with them, it barely registers with me. 

1 hour ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

the response I get is this, "media pc police just trying to make them pay. cmon kraft gets caught with a sex slave and not even a blip"

The difference there is one is just Kraft on his free time, the other is the entire effing organization.  Honestly, their fans are mostly butt-hurt about changing the name.  This is just insult to injury.

20 minutes ago, vsptroops said:

To be honest, I never heard any of the things he is accused of and I live up here. I also have always wondered why Danny boy replaced beloved Frank Herzog with Larry back in 2004.

All of their broadcasters are terrible.  I never heard anything about Larry Michael, either.  I hope they take down Chris Cooley, that guy is Snyder's lap-dog.

from extreme -

My life long love of the NFL will die with the Redskins name...I’ve lived and died with the the Redskins, mostly died, but I’ve always loved watching them and singing Hail to the Redskins...I’m heartbroken after all these years that what was a great franchise name, a respectful name, has given in and The organization has decided to change the name....Sean Taylor and maaaany other great REDSKINS are turning in their grave at this...my lifelong love for the Redskins and NFL football died with the Redskins name and logo....😢...I’ll never watch another snap 

:roll:

My favorite lie that they tell themselves that the name was to honor Coach William "Lone Star" Dietz.  2 problems with that

1) Dude wasn't Native American

2) This:

redskinsnewspaper-638x379.png.756ba826a6d3fc3c41f9e72c925620b4.png

George Marshall was also a very accepting man when it came to other races.

See, it has nothing to do with his "leadership"

Daniel Snyder says alleged Redskins behavior ‘has no place’ in franchise; NFL to consider discipline

7HAABKWFK4I6VKM7HO677MNPHA.jpg&w=916

Daniel Snyder, the owner of Washington’s NFL franchise, said Friday that alleged sexual harassment and verbal abuse of female employees by former team officials "has no place in our franchise or society."

That came after the NFL said earlier Friday that the allegations made by the women in a report by The Washington Post are "serious, disturbing and contrary to the NFL’s values.” The league indicated that it will consider potential disciplinary action after reviewing the findings of the outside investigation that was initiated Thursday by the team.

Snyder issued a written statement through the team in which he said: "The behavior described in yesterday’s Washington Post article has no place in our franchise or society.

"This story has strengthened my commitment to setting a new culture and standard for our team, a process that began with the hiring of Coach [Ron] Rivera earlier this year.”

The NFL’s response came in a written statement issued Friday morning after 15 former Redskins employees told The Post in a report Thursday that they were sexually harassed during their time with the team.

"These matters as reported are serious, disturbing and contrary to the NFL’s values,” the league’s statement said. "Everyone in the NFL has the right to work in an environment free from any and all forms of harassment. Washington has engaged outside counsel to conduct a thorough investigation into these allegations. The club has pledged that it will give its full cooperation to the investigator and we expect the club and all employees to do so. We will meet with the attorneys upon the conclusion of their investigation and take any action based on the findings.”

The team said Thursday that it had hired D.C. attorney Beth Wilkinson and her firm, Wilkinson Walsh, "to conduct a thorough independent review of this entire matter and help the team set new employee standards for the future.”

Snyder said Friday that Wilkinson’s review will be independent.

"Beth Wilkinson and her firm are empowered to do a full, unbiased investigation and make any and all requisite recommendations. Upon completion of her work, we will institute new policies and procedures and strengthen our human resources infrastructure to not only avoid these issues in the future but most importantly create a team culture that is respectful and inclusive of all.”

Ralph Northam, Virginia’s Democratic governor, called on NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell to take action. Redskins Park, the team’s headquarters, is located in Ashburn, Va., and the team has held previous training camps in Richmond.

"The allegations against the Washington football team’s management are serious and disturbing,” Northam said in a written statement provided to The Post. "I’m especially concerned that so much of this behavior is detailed to have occurred across Virginia, where the team has offices and practice facilities. Commissioner Goodell needs to step in and get to the bottom of this, and quickly.”

The women’s allegations spanned from 2006 to 2019 and were made against Larry Michael, the team’s former senior vice president of content and its play-by-play announcer on its radio broadcasts; Alex Santos, the team’s former director of pro personnel; Richard Mann II, the team’s former assistant director of pro personnel; Dennis Greene, former president of business operations; and Mitch Gershman, former chief operating officer.

No women accused Snyder or former team president Bruce Allen of inappropriate behavior. But some expressed skepticism that Snyder and Allen were unaware of the behavior. The women blamed the team for having an understaffed human resources department and said they viewed an environment of verbal abuse by top executives as contributing to the team’s inappropriate treatment of employees.

Santos and Mann were fired by the Redskins last weekend. Michael announced his retirement this week.

The individuals accused of misconduct also could be subject to potential discipline under the NFL’s personal conduct policy.

The NFL fined former Carolina Panthers owner Jerry Richardson $2.75 million in 2018 after investigating claims of workplace misconduct against him. Richardson sold his team to David Tepper.

In the Panthers case, the NFL took over the investigation from the team after Sports Illustrated reported that four former team employees received significant financial settlements, accompanied by nondisclosure agreements, following accusations of inappropriate behavior and workplace comments by Richardson, including sexually suggestive remarks and acts. There also was a reported incident in which Richardson used a racial slur at an African-American team employee.

The NFL’s investigation, conducted by former U.S. attorney and SEC chairwoman Mary Jo White, concluded there was no information to discredit the claims made against Richardson.

The Washington team has announced plans to change its controversial name, long considered by some observers to be offensive to Native Americans. The allegations also come with Snyder’s minority ownership partners — Fred Smith, Dwight Schar and Robert Rothman — having hired an investment banking firm to attempt to sell their ownership shares. They own an estimated 40 percent of the team.

so Snyder is going with the ole, "I didn't know this was happening" defense ?

25 minutes ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

so Snyder is going with the ole, "I didn't know this was happening" defense ?

It's pretty much his only defense.  He's a grade A loser, a guy that only cares about money and nothing else.  I absolutely think he lets people do whatever they want as long as the money keeps coming in.  It's a toxic culture.

If the NFL opens an investigation I think this will all come to light.  The unfortunate part of that is that it probably will mean that Snyder has to sell the team, and that will end this era of ineptness for the Washington Football Club.

First, Ralph Northam needs to shut his pie hole, considering what was found in his past as well as being one of the worst Governors in VA history. Second, I still dont understand why a good man like Ron Rivera would want to coach one of, if not the most toxic franchises in the NFL. Worst comes to worst, he could have sat out this year and had his pick of probably 5 or 6 better franchises next year. 

1 hour ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Are the Chiefs next to be forced to change their name?

The chiefs could just change their logo to a police badge

2 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Are the Chiefs next to be forced to change their name?

unless the ultra PC turds take the reigns, no. names like theirs, the braves, Seminoles, etc aren't obvious slurs.

6 minutes ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

unless the ultra PC turds take the reigns, no. names like theirs, the braves, Seminoles, etc aren't obvious slurs.

I was gonna say the same plus an arrowhead is just a carved stone for hunting and what not. I see nothing wrong with theirs at all. Then again someone might find something these days

Archived