Are the Foreskins still an NFL team?

wtfcares

They updated their website last night

wqyhw9rkksmu6h3uij05

j39yerbmoxzafdpcluhs

:roll: 

12 hours ago, paco said:

Word

That's only because I commented on the new "Washington Football Team" name on the Washington Post website (comments section to the article announcing the new name) for a few hours on Thursday afternoon before I posted anywhere else.  I was having a field day posting mocking comments about potential, alternate nicknames.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2020/07/23/washington-redskins-new-team-name-washington-football-team/#comments-wrapper

I honestly think you guys are kinda nuts to be making fun of it.  Washington Football Team is simultaneously extremely classic in the context of global sports franchises and dare I say, avante garde for an NFL team.  The unis are minimalist and clean, it's not like the color scheme was ever an issue for Washington.

I actually think they could rock this look and own the whole "no name" vibe.  

1 hour ago, dawkins4prez said:

I honestly think you guys are kinda nuts to be making fun of it.  Washington Football Team is simultaneously extremely classic in the context of global sports franchises and dare I say, avante garde for an NFL team.  The unis are minimalist and clean, it's not like the color scheme was ever an issue for Washington.

I actually think they could rock this look and own the whole "no name" vibe.  

It was the execution, which was botched in the traditional Redskins manner.

They did not announce this was going to their name, they announced this would happen for this season only.

Then they put the lame "football team” stuff over everything as if it were their new logo.  Barcelona FC doesn’t do that.  Their full name is "Barcelona FC”.  If they went by "FC” they would be ridiculed too.

I don’t disagree.  I like the Unis, and I think that Washington FT could stick.  

17 hours ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

It was the execution, which was botched in the traditional Redskins manner.

They did not announce this was going to their name, they announced this would happen for this season only.

Then they put the lame "football team” stuff over everything as if it were their new logo.  Barcelona FC doesn’t do that.  Their full name is "Barcelona FC”.  If they went by "FC” they would be ridiculed too.

I don’t disagree.  I like the Unis, and I think that Washington FT could stick.  

I know its the Skins and Dan Snyder, but you kinda have to cut them slack here.  They had ZERO plans to change thename just two weeks ago.  It's a pretty major decision.  

3 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

I know its the Skins and Dan Snyder, but you kinda have to cut them slack here.  They had ZERO plans to change thename just two weeks ago.  It's a pretty major decision.  

Sure, I get that it would have been difficult to come up with an ideal logo or uniform in that time frame, but the could still have come up with a NAME in two weeks. Just give them a generic uniform without a logo -- which is precisely what they did anyway.

3 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

You would think they had some type of plans on the back burner in case this came up again. It's not like this is the first time they have been asked to change their name 

If only they could be the DC Comics...especially since they're such a joke.

9 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

Uhhh.... considering they have been under pressure to change the name for over two decades, the fact they DIDN'T have a contingency plan in place speaks to their incompetence.  

29 minutes ago, paco said:

Uhhh.... considering they have been under pressure to change the name for over two decades, the fact they DIDN'T have a contingency plan in place speaks to their incompetence.  

Basically what I said but, not as intelligently as you 😋

1 minute ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Basically what I said but, not as intelligently as you 😋

Sorry man.  Been laying hardwood from about 1 till 8 today, so I've been self medicating my back pain and missed your post.

Just now, paco said:

Sorry man.  Been laying hardwood from about 1 till 8 today, so I've been self medicating my back pain and missed your post.

Lol all good. Spent 350 at Costco on Thurs. I'm sure you will get the better of me on that one too lol

Just now, Bwestbrook36 said:

Lol all good. Spent 350 at Costco on Thurs. I'm sure you will get the better of me on that one too lol

You know... I planned on doing a run this week and totally blew it off.   But I do have my 2% check burning a hole in my pocket AND it looks like I won't be going to be doing any work on my father in law's place, I'll probably go early this week and stock up :lol: 

(Plus I'm all out of booze :unsure: )

1 minute ago, paco said:

You know... I planned on doing a run this week and totally blew it off.   But I do have my 2% check burning a hole in my pocket AND it looks like I won't be going to be doing any work on my father in law's place, I'll probably go early this week and stock up :lol: 

(Plus I'm all out of booze :unsure: )

I'm holding steady at 350 every time I go now. I'm a single guy in a small apartment I have Costco stuff in my closets , car, stuffed in the fridge freezer and every cabinet! 

Get better man you will be up and shopping in no time!

On 7/23/2020 at 1:27 PM, CaliEagle said:

The Washington Identity Crisis. They should put a ? on the helmets as the logo.  Who are we?

WIC for short. It fits. 

20 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

Keep laughing, I got a bad feeling they will stomp us opening week.

Are they still paying off the refs? Then maybe.

Since the Washington Redskins no longer exist and they're now 'The Washington Football Team', their past Super Bowls remain with the Redskins... this new team has never won a Super Bowl. So, in the NFC East, the Washington Football Team is the only team to never win a Super Bowl...

So.... similar production as his previous 2 years

2 hours ago, paco said:

So.... similar production as his previous 2 years

That was a waste pick that a few people wanted here

52 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

If memory serves me correctly, izdum was big in Guice.

9 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I’m not going to lie, on draft day I was in on him. And I was just saying this to Schmoopie earlier:

During his draft, I was finishing up the tile work at our rental property. We are talking hands and knees s*** in the hardest corner (the bedroom length closet) of the house. So while I had the draft on, I could only keep an ear on it and not check the interwebs and what not. Thin set mortar and electronics don’t mix. 

Anyway, I heard what a talent he was supposed to be (I’m not a college guy, so my opinion means nothing) and watched him drop. I thought, holy crap, if he really is this good, this solves the Smallwood problem. 

He drops to the skins. We have Smallwood.  I’m pissed. 

a few years later, we win it all, Smallwood goes to the rwords, and guice is out of the league. This is why I’m never going to be a gm

Archived