EMB Blog: 2022 OTAs thru Pre-Season

Connecticut Eagle

5 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

In case you haven't noticed the Sixers are all in on have to win title mode.  Durant helps that tremendously.  You do not turn down getting Kevin Durant over losing Thybulle and Maxey.  This team is not in a spot to be building for the future and create a solid young core.  The team is in a spot to try to win now.  

This team has also traded its 1st rd picks for half the decade - if they come up short, they're dead until literally the 2030s.

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, austinfan said:

This team has also traded its 1st rd picks for half the decade - if they come up short, they're dead until literally the 2030s.

Haven't won a title since 1983. If they can somehow get KD in a trade (I don't think we we can because teams can offer better than Maxey and whatever else we can muster up to throw in a deal) then the Sixers should and would absolutely do it.  

2 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I think you'd notice a 6'10" dude

That would be 2.08 meters for him.

20 minutes ago, austinfan said:

#TheProcess2.0

Off topic:

Spending the rest of the week at my family's cabin in the Blue Ridge Mountains.

Let the good times roll!

20220630_193945.jpg

The next CBA negotiations for the NBA are going to be a doozy. You had the Simmons situation here, Harden demanding out in Brooklyn, Kyrie trying to hold his team hostage even though he plays 40 games a year, and now Durant demanding a trade one year into a four year deal. The owners will be out for blood during the next meetings. I get the whole player empowerment era we're in right now, but when you have guys essentially holding a franchise hostage and on the border of destruction, there has to be a sway back the other way. 

My father, from upstate NY, is a diehard Knicks fan. He's pretty disappointed with them obviously. The fact that they're all in on Brunson this FA, as if that will solve any of their problems, is a complete joke.

Pops tells me stories of those early 70s teams. Can't believe how irrelevant to the NBA they have become.

27 minutes ago, Iggles25 said:

Off topic:

Spending the rest of the week at my family's cabin in the Blue Ridge Mountains.

Let the good times roll!

20220630_193945.jpg

Carson Strong could toss a ball over them there mountains 

Including Maxey is a hard no in anything involving KD.  Morey will f it up though.  Since he was untouchable last year, it seemed, hopefully the team knows what they have.  

1 hour ago, RememberTheKoy said:

In case you haven't noticed the Sixers are all in on have to win title mode.  Durant helps that tremendously.  You do not turn down getting Kevin Durant over losing Thybulle and Maxey.  This team is not in a spot to be building for the future and create a solid young core.  The team is in a spot to try to win now.  

I understand that but I would rather find a younger piece to the puzzle and keep Maxey to elongate the window.  Not that anyone available fits that mold.  

Realistic question has to be, how long can Embid play at his highest level, stay relatively healthy and be happy here.  If they think the window with Embid is his next two years and that's it then it makes sense to go for it with Durant.   If they think Embid can dominate for the next 5 years then I think you need to build a team around him rather than superstar shopping sprees.

6 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Carson Strong could toss a ball over them there mountains 

Heard he threw a pass in OTAs that still is in Near Earth Orbit.

And somehow, it won a state championship in a parallel universe.

20 minutes ago, BDawk_ASamuel said:

The next CBA negotiations for the NBA are going to be a doozy. You had the Simmons situation here, Harden demanding out in Brooklyn, Kyrie trying to hold his team hostage even though he plays 40 games a year, and now Durant demanding a trade one year into a four year deal. The owners will be out for blood during the next meetings. I get the whole player empowerment era we're in right now, but when you have guys essentially holding a franchise hostage and on the border of destruction, there has to be a sway back the other way. 

Fully guaranteed contracts kill the NBA

8 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

I understand that but I would rather find a younger piece to the puzzle and keep Maxey to elongate the window.  Not that anyone available fits that mold.  

Realistic question has to be, how long can Embid play at his highest level, stay relatively healthy and be happy here.  If they think the window with Embid is his next two years and that's it then it makes sense to go for it with Durant.   If they think Embid can dominate for the next 5 years then I think you need to build a team around him rather than superstar shopping sprees.

3 years, maybe if you’re lucky 

26 minutes ago, BDawk_ASamuel said:

The best thing the NBA could do is fire Adam Silver.  He’s way too player-friendly and as revenue continues to decline that may present a huge issue 

29 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

The best thing the NBA could do is fire Adam Silver.  He’s way too player-friendly and as revenue continues to decline that may present a huge issue 

And he looks like a naked mole-rat.

53 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

It's possible Embiid can be great for the next 5 years.  But given his size, his style of play where he is constantly throwing his body around and falling to the ground as well as the injuries he has had so far in his career that you just can't count on him being great for the next 5 years.  

The window of the Sixers with Embiid and Harden is now.  Kevin Durant is still one of the very best players in the world and he absolutely has that killer instinct at the end of games.  You gotta question if Durant has any interest in playing with Harden again given how things ended and how Durant was clearly upset at Harden during the All Star team draft.  But on the flipside of that both Embiid and Durant have have publicly displayed a glowing admiration for one another as basketball players.  

On 6/27/2022 at 8:32 AM, TorontoEagle said:

It's now his 3rd year of pro ball, combined with all his years in amateur ball. Throwing a slant route is something any QB at any level should have the confidence to do. In fact, I'd argue it's a route that should be used as a foundation for confidence building and learning how to throw a WR open. How long do we need to wait? 

That is why I say he CAN throw the slant route, but his brain/instincts are blocking him from doing sometheing his body is capable of doing.

On 6/27/2022 at 9:55 AM, dawkdaballhawk said:

I repeat ... the person cited in the story had a greater chance of dying by living his/her life than by taking the vaccine.

On 6/27/2022 at 9:56 AM, dawkdaballhawk said:

I repeat ... the person cited in the story had a greater chance of dying by living his/her life than by taking the vaccine.

On 6/27/2022 at 9:59 AM, dawkdaballhawk said:

I never, ever said you had a greater chance of dying from the vaccine. I said people have died from the covid vaccine, which is clearly shown in that report. Just admit some people, not many, died from the vaccination. It's OK

I have admitted that hundreds of times ... but the question is what does such an admission mean?

11 minutes ago, DEagle7 said:

burn-elmo.gif

What in the hell is Brown even talking about? Between this and the weather take, he must be really enjoying the off-season 

28 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

What in the hell is Brown even talking about? Between this and the weather take, he must be really enjoying the off-season 

It's cool, he clarified it for you:

Archived