EMB Blog: 2022 OTAs thru Pre-Season

Connecticut Eagle

9 minutes ago, Swoop said:

Daniel Jones isn't a good QB, but he's been starting for a dumpster fire while Hurts was running from getting benched in college and they're the same age. 

Something to think about.

By the same age, I assume you mean that Daniel Jones is one year and a few months older than Jalen.

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Yeah.  And if your man crush Jalen Hurts didn’t throw not one but two interceptions in the RZ earlier in that game, those drops wouldn’t have been needed.  

The first one is not on Reagor too, the throw was horribly short.

10 hours ago, Alphagrand said:

Exactly.  The franchise lives off of the original 3 films with Harrison Ford, Alec Guinness, Carrie Fisher, etc. and it should have been left there.  The acting in the subsequent films was so god-awful it was to the point of comical.  It was as though they were reading their lines from cue cards.

2.5 films...the .5 is being generous for Return of the Jedi.

55 minutes ago, Thrive said:

By the same age, I assume you mean that Daniel Jones is one year and a few months older than Jalen.

Essentially the same age.

Feel better?

4 hours ago, NCiggles said:

Star Wars Movies Ranked:

1.  Empire Strikes Back

2. Space Balls

3. Battlestar Gallactica (The new TV series)

4. The Expanse

5. Rogue One

6. Alien

7. Aliens

8. A New Hope

9. Return of the Jedi

10. Daisy Ridley Awakens

Pizza the Hut would beat the crap outta Jaba the Hut.

2 hours ago, EaglesIreland said:

And the initial point I meant to make was I see Jason Kelce is continuing to be one of the best eagles in recent memory and how easy it is to want him to succeed.

Some guys just get Philly and understand the fan base

28 minutes ago, Swoop said:

Essentially the same age.

Feel better?

How long were the respective mothers in labor?

My problem with Star Wars and this is coming from a guy who's never seen any of them, is that there are just way too many of them now that I wouldn't even know where to start.  Same goes for all of the Marvel and DC movies.  Haven't seen any of them and Hollywood is just oversaturated with superhero movies.  I'm sure for fans of them it's the best thing ever but for someone who hasn't, the more that come out, the less I want to invest any time to even start at the beginning.  

Movies, shows, spinoffs...just too much.  There isn't any anticipation for the next one because they come out so quick.

Also, why are there so many different Batman's and Spiderman's?  I just don't follow any of it.

19 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

My problem with Star Wars and this is coming from a guy who's never seen any of them, is that there are just way too many of them now that I wouldn't even know where to start.  Same goes for all of the Marvel and DC movies.  Haven't seen any of them and Hollywood is just oversaturated with superhero movies.  I'm sure for fans of them it's the best thing ever but for someone who hasn't, the more that come out, the less I want to invest any time to even start at the beginning.  

Movies, shows, spinoffs...just too much.  There isn't any anticipation for the next one because they come out so quick.

Also, why are there so many different Batman's and Spiderman's?  I just don't follow any of it.

If you’re serious, the Marvel movies can be easily mapped out.  From Captain America through Endgame.  These mi ones are well done and worth the effort.  (Except for Captain Marvel, that was just plain bad). You’ll like some more than others, but in the end you’ll applaud the dedication it took to tie all 18 or so movies in a cohesive manner.

I can understand the Star Wars issue though. It’s significantly harder to run with if you’re starting fresh.

9 hours ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

1. You suck

2. "oh new Star Wars sucks I’m an old man and just like the originals drrrrr”

3. Go watch Star Trek, nerd 

The first Star Wars movie actually sucked.  It sucked back then and it sucks now.  It’s slow and long.  The story is terrible.  It’s not a movie I ever enjoy watching.  I can understand the groundbreaking nature of the movie, but I avoid it at all costs.  

The opening scene at Hoth is really the best part of the entire freaking franchise. The AT-ATs, the cool looking snow troopers, cutting open the animal to warm Luke.  It kinda goes downhill from there for them next 90 minutes until Lando shows up and then finally starts moving again. 

Return of the Jedi has a great beginning and middle, and if you overlook the damn Ewoks, it really isn’t a terrible movie.  I like it….much more than the first one.  At least there’s constantly something interesting happening?

So eff you and the "I love the originals BS”, cause I don’t.  If you wanna stand there and defend the crap that was Episodes 7-9, then fine, I’ll happily watch Star Trek all freaking day long and you can watch those dumpster fires of a movie.  

Live Long and Prosper!

11 minutes ago, Vee said:

If you’re serious, the Marvel movies can be easily mapped out.  From Captain America through Endgame.  These mi ones are well done and worth the effort.  (Except for Captain Marvel, that was just plain bad). You’ll like some more than others, but in the end you’ll applaud the dedication it took to tie all 18 or so movies in a cohesive manner.

I can understand the Star Wars issue though. It’s significantly harder to run with if you’re starting fresh.

That's the thing.  I don't think I've sat down to watch 18 movies over the last 3 years combined.  I'm sure I could watch movies rather than other things but that just seems like a serious investment! 

1 hour ago, bpac55 said:

so you're commenting on something you've never seen, LOL, BAHHHHHHHHHa

2 minutes ago, olsilverhair said:

so you're commenting on something you've never seen, LOL, BAHHHHHHHHHa

Well yes, but I'm not commenting on the quality of the films...I'm stating why I can't get in to it.

24 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Well yes, but I'm not commenting on the quality of the films...I'm stating why I can't get in to it.

bwahhhhhhhhhha

1 hour ago, bpac55 said:

That's the thing.  I don't think I've sat down to watch 18 movies over the last 3 years combined.  I'm sure I could watch movies rather than other things but that just seems like a serious investment! 

You might if you started these.  You wouldn’t be compelled to watch one every night, or every week even….but if you started watching, you’d probably find yourself getting through it over a few months.  Especially if you have someone to talk to about it.

Im telling you, it’s really amazing how well they pulled many of those movies off.  Whoever was in charge of casting many of those movies did such an outstanding job.  All taken seriously.  Unless your way too deep into comics, everything looks and sounds good.

The DC movies try to cut corners and speed up character development so you never end up really caring about the characters….unless you somehow loved them from the comics.  The Marvel guys took their time and made it accessible to people who have never even heard of a comic book.

Im also gonna go on record and say that the first Star Trek rebook movie, by JJ Abrams was outstanding.  The second not so much; and the third not really good at all.

Lastly, the first two XMen movies were really good.  This is outside of that MCUniverse, so they totally stand on their own.  The effects are not as great as what happens later, because I think it’s still the early 2000s, but skip all the other ones.

1 hour ago, Vee said:

The first Star Wars movie actually sucked.  It sucked back then and it sucks now.  It’s slow and long.  The story is terrible.  It’s not a movie I ever enjoy watching.  I can understand the groundbreaking nature of the movie, but I avoid it at all costs.  

The opening scene at Hoth is really the best part of the entire freaking franchise. The AT-ATs, the cool looking snow troopers, cutting open the animal to warm Luke.  It kinda goes downhill from there for them next 90 minutes until Lando shows up and then finally starts moving again. 

Return of the Jedi has a great beginning and middle, and if you overlook the damn Ewoks, it really isn’t a terrible movie.  I like it….much more than the first one.  At least there’s constantly something interesting happening?

So eff you and the "I love the originals BS”, cause I don’t.  If you wanna stand there and defend the crap that was Episodes 7-9, then fine, I’ll happily watch Star Trek all freaking day long and you can watch those dumpster fires of a movie.  

Live Long and Prosper!

Vader would force Spock to go neck deep on his lightsaber. 

2 hours ago, Wentz_Era said:

2.5 films...the .5 is being generous for Return of the Jedi.

3.5 because Rogue One is the second best movie

4 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

So you’re a virgin, huh?

Harsh. But fair.  And warranted. 

6 minutes ago, downundermike said:

3.5 because Rogue One is the second best movie

not sure I disagree.  I've yet to watch Solo though.

2 hours ago, bpac55 said:

You can add Fast and Furious to that as well.  Why so many?  

7 hours ago, hputenis said:

I think he chose throwing into double coverage the majority of the time because he had no idea what he was looking at.  

"This guy cant read"

4 hours ago, Swoop said:

Daniel Jones isn't a good QB, but he's been starting for a dumpster fire while Hurts was running from getting benched in college.

Something to think about.

Giants Oline was ranked 30th last year. If their revamped line can get to middle of the pack, we'll undoubtedly have the 4th best QB in the division. I already think we do but the stats will reflect it if Jones gets any kind of protection. And yet people are discussing potentially paying Hurts $35-40M/yr lol. Derek Carr is the only QB i can think of that is getting paid $40M as the 4th best QB in his division. 1)Hurts will never be as good as Derek Carr. 2)The other 3 QB's in Carr's division are HOF caliber players. Cant say the same for the QB's in the NFC east. 

43 minutes ago, Iggles25 said:

My favorite Star Wars film...

Star Who Ores: Revenge of the Sis

fullSizeCropped_487683.jpg

Pfft that’s not even the outfit Leia wore at Jabbas palace nor is that the correct lightsaber color or proper hand grip on the hilt. 

2/10

11 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Pfft that’s not even the outfit Leia wore at Jabbas palace nor is that the correct lightsaber color or proper hand grip on the hilt. 

2/10

At least I was able to quickly delete the first picture I posted of this neat film. So focused on the ladies, I missed an exposed appendage.

Sorry Mods. Won't happen again.

Archived