EMB Blog: 2022 OTAs thru Pre-Season

Connecticut Eagle

9 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Didn't KD not get along with Hardin?   Is that going to be different in Philly?  

They did. Towards the end it sounded like it wasn't the greatest but how much is that between the two and how much is the whole situation with Irving, the team and Harden wanting to leave? Either way, Harden already opted out, so you could always just not re-sign him.

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, UK Eagle said:

And for Eagles fans, it's just one. And a gimmick one at that

Eagles' fans should go to these practices instead to boo them.  

13 minutes ago, Next_Up said:

Otto West : Apes don't read philosophy. Wanda : Yes they do, Otto. They just don't understand it.

Wanda, do you have any idea what it's like being English?

9 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

Eagles' fans should go to these practices instead to boo them.  

Start the regular season early right?  I genuinely wonder how long anyone last booing at their TC.  You could go in disguise wearing a Yankees cap; they'd never see it coming

1 minute ago, UK Eagle said:

Start the regular season early right?  I genuinely wonder how long anyone last booing at their TC.  You could go in disguise wearing a Yankees cap; they'd never see it coming

Or Lakers since they're in California. 

53 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

No idea who this is but checkmark 

no, no, no

3 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

no, no, no

You would turn down trading for Durant? 

The blog continually raising the bar with its bewildering basketball takes. 

6 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

no, no, no

I don't know ish about F when it comes to basketball but I'd do it in a second.

9 minutes ago, UK Eagle said:

Ha

KD is a true swag modifier for the whole city.  

17 hours ago, downundermike said:

3.5 because Rogue One is the second best movie

There is that. That scene with Vader at the end of rogue one was excellent.

3 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

You would turn down trading for Durant? 

The blog continually raising the bar with its bewildering basketball takes. 

Yes I would.  Guy's about to be 34, has had a multitude of injuries, including a pretty significant knee injury this last year and is sure to decline sooner than later.  No denying Durant is a top player.  I just don't want to lose Maxey.  He's an ascending, elite player.  If they go for Durant then that's it...they HAVE to win a title.  

Embid is 28, Harden is about to be 33 and Durant would be 34.  All three have injury history which getting older is not going to help.  Then there's the question of those three personalities on the same team and how they would gel.  I just don't like how it looks.  We'd be stuck with three aging, injury prone star capable players with near max contracts and no youth on the team.  You'd be trading away Thybulle, 25, an elite defender and Maxey, 21, a soon to be star in the NBA, plus draft picks so your young core and draft picks to help build the team are gone.  

Who would be left on the team that offers any young promise to build around once the big three want to break up, get injured or just hang them up.

I'm all for moving Harris if possible and Thybulle if the return helps them build a solid, young core.  I don't want an aging team with nothing in the cupboard.  Kind of like the Eagles defensive backfield. 

12 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

KD is a true swag modifier for the whole city.  

The funny thing is, I have no idea who KD is in real life, other than the name. He could move in next door, and I'd be, alright dude, what do you for work?

On 6/29/2022 at 1:27 PM, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

spacer.png

the-cat-in-the-hat-stripper.jpg

1 minute ago, UK Eagle said:

The funny thing is, I have no idea who KD is in real life, other than the name. He could move in next door, and I'd be, alright dude, what do you for work?

I think you'd notice a 6'10" dude

I thought homeboy chugged a bottle of hot sauce until I realized how small a Twisted Tea is in his hand

25 minutes ago, UK Eagle said:

I don't know I mean why would he move to the UK? 

48 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I don't know ish about F when it comes to basketball but I'd do it in a second.

Big people beat up little people.  

KD >>>>>> Maxey. 

3 hours ago, bpac55 said:

Yuck.

Making the big 10 just as irrelevant 🤣😂

1 hour ago, UK Eagle said:

Is this him?

See the source image

2 hours ago, bpac55 said:

Yes I would.  Guy's about to be 34, has had a multitude of injuries, including a pretty significant knee injury this last year and is sure to decline sooner than later.  No denying Durant is a top player.  I just don't want to lose Maxey.  He's an ascending, elite player.  If they go for Durant then that's it...they HAVE to win a title.  

Embid is 28, Harden is about to be 33 and Durant would be 34.  All three have injury history which getting older is not going to help.  Then there's the question of those three personalities on the same team and how they would gel.  I just don't like how it looks.  We'd be stuck with three aging, injury prone star capable players with near max contracts and no youth on the team.  You'd be trading away Thybulle, 25, an elite defender and Maxey, 21, a soon to be star in the NBA, plus draft picks so your young core and draft picks to help build the team are gone.  

Who would be left on the team that offers any young promise to build around once the big three want to break up, get injured or just hang them up.

I'm all for moving Harris if possible and Thybulle if the return helps them build a solid, young core.  I don't want an aging team with nothing in the cupboard.  Kind of like the Eagles defensive backfield. 

In case you haven't noticed the Sixers are all in on have to win title mode.  Durant helps that tremendously.  You do not turn down getting Kevin Durant over losing Thybulle and Maxey.  This team is not in a spot to be building for the future and create a solid young core.  The team is in a spot to try to win now.  

Archived