EMB Blog: 2022 OTAs thru Pre-Season

Connecticut Eagle

55 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

Who’s being critical?  It’s a paid endorsement by an athlete to sponsor a local restaurant.  His tweet was really good, the restaurant and its owners benefit financially, and Hurts is paid to do it.  He didn’t just walk in the place out of the blue and sing its praises out of the goodness of his heart — that’s all that is being pointed out.

Stop it with the feigned ignorance. In the past two pages he is criticized because he is friends with AJ Brown, has a Pepsi deal, etc. At this point everyone gets it. He is not a credible starting QB and has multiple shortcomings that he will likely not overcome. The fact that everything the kid does gets cast with some kind of negative light or made fun of is just stupid. He seems like a high quality person and one committed to doing well at his job but also has a body of work that shows a lot of limitations. Do we need to pray to the "Hurts has to fail" god every day because we are so afraid that he might have some success and doom the franchise to mediocrity? At this point, the horse isn't dead. It's somewhere integrated into the road beneath a pile of gum and a dead raccoon.

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Next_Up said:

Stop it with the feigned ignorance. In the past two pages he is criticized because he is friends with AJ Brown, has a Pepsi deal, etc. At this point everyone gets it. He is not a credible starting QB and has multiple shortcomings that he will likely not overcome. The fact that everything the kid does gets cast with some kind of negative light or made fun of is just stupid. He seems like a high quality person and one committed to doing well at his job but also has a body of work that shows a lot of limitations. Do we need to pray to the "Hurts has to fail" god every day because we are so afraid that he might have some success and doom the franchise to mediocrity? At this point, the horse isn't dead. It's somewhere integrated into the road beneath a pile of gum and a dead raccoon.

Well, if you think fans on a team message board discussing the starting QB is beating a dead horse (and beyond) you’re being thin-skinned.  The topic isn’t going away — nor should it.  Less than 12 months from now the organization will make a decision whether or not to sign said QB to a long term extension at the current going rate of $40M+ per season.  Such an extension would have a disastrous effect on the organization, based on the on-field performance we’ve seen so far.  

If Hurts performs well enough this season to earn an extension most fans will be thrilled and I’ll be happy to acknowledge it.  If he doesn’t then I’ll be calling for him to get benched by Week 5, because the schedule only gets harder as the season goes on.

7 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

Well, if you think fans on a team message board discussing the starting QB is beating a dead horse (and beyond) you’re being thin-skinned.  The topic isn’t going away — nor should it.  Less than 12 months from now the organization will make a decision whether or not to sign said QB to a long term extension at the current going rate of $40M+ per season.  Such an extension would have a disastrous effect on the organization, based on the on-field performance we’ve seen so far.  

If Hurts performs well enough this season to earn an extension most fans will be thrilled and I’ll be happy to acknowledge it.  If he doesn’t then I’ll be calling for him to get benched by Week 5, because the schedule only gets harder as the season goes on.

being thinned skinned and board of the daily department of redundancy department diatribe are two different things. Move the goal post much? As if I am some how in favor or extending Hurts. I think I wrote a good deal about his limitations. So, please don't infer my opinion for me. But, I get your need to be right thing. That's pretty redundant too.

1 minute ago, Next_Up said:

being thinned skinned and board of the daily department of redundancy department diatribe are two different things. Move the goal post much? As if I am some how in favor or extending Hurts. I think I wrote a good deal about his limitations. So, please don't infer my opinion for me. But, I get your need to be right thing. That's pretty redundant too.

That’s redundant 

1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

That’s redundant 

you are kidding right? that's the joke

3 minutes ago, Next_Up said:

you are kidding right? that's the joke

I mean you spelled "bored” as "board” so how am I supposed to know you’re making a joke 

1 hour ago, Alphagrand said:

Great! I appreciate your opinion. Now...there is no need for you to have it repeated 100 times in as many derogatory ways as you can...

46 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Guessing they wanted him for the post game show 

I really enjoy DGunn. Especially his relationship with BG was fun to watch in post game interviews, after a win, of course. 

40 minutes ago, aptosbird said:

Great! I appreciate your opinion. Now...there is no need for you to have it repeated 100 times in as many derogatory ways as you can...

There will be more than 50 other players on the active roster Week 1.  Feel free to discuss any of them.  How many snaps will Jordan Davis get?  How many games will Nakobe Dean start?  Will Siposs have any competition at punter?  Who starts at RG — Seumalo, Jurgens, Driscoll?  If you don’t like the topic of conversation, feel free to suggest another instead of just whining and moaning about other posters’ opinions.  

There are more than a few posters who feel Hurts has already gotten more opportunities than he deserves at starting QB.  That’s an opinion, and people have a right to voice it without being called "stupid” or "circle-jerkers”.  If you’re tired of reading it — either redirect the topic of discussion to something else, or feel free to find another football message board where the QB of the team isn’t discussed.

1 minute ago, Alphagrand said:

There will be more than 50 other players on the active roster Week 1.  Feel free to discuss any of them.  How many snaps will Jordan Davis get?  How many games will Nakobe Dean start?  Will Siposs have any competition at punter?  Who starts at RG — Seumalo, Jurgens, Driscoll?  If you don’t like the topic of conversation, feel free to suggest another instead of just whining and moaning about other posters’ opinions.  

There are more than a few posters who feel Hurts has already gotten more opportunities than he deserves at starting QB.  That’s an opinion, and people have a right to voice it without being called "stupid” or "circle-jerkers”.  If you’re tired of reading it — either redirect the topic of discussion to something else, or feel free to find another football message board where the QB of the team isn’t discussed.

Great! I like the proactive approach. There are very few who are openly disagreeing with your concern about Hurts. By my count there are already two other Jalen Hurts threads in TATE for you to share your opinions about the QB. Plenty of other places to share the same tired narrative.

1 hour ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Guessing they wanted him for the post game show 

I was hoping they would get him as one of the replacements on the show.  He's still pissed about them getting rid of him and rightfully so.  That was such a bonehead move.  

29 minutes ago, aptosbird said:

Great! I like the proactive approach. There are very few who are openly disagreeing with your concern about Hurts. By my count there are already two other Jalen Hurts threads in TATE for you to share your opinions about the QB. Plenty of other places to share the same tired narrative.

I’m more pragmatic, and end up putting condescending folks on ignore, so to close this dialogue I’ll suggest either:

YOU go ahead to one of the other Hurts threads and whine and moan, or

Ask the moderators to shut down all discussion regarding the Eagles starting QB in the Blog and see what their position is 

1 minute ago, Alphagrand said:

I’m more pragmatic, and end up putting condescending folks on ignore, so to close this dialogue I’ll suggest either:

YOU go ahead to one of the other Hurts threads and whine and moan, or

Ask the moderators to shut down all discussion regarding the Eagles starting QB in the Blog and see what their position is 

lol...hardly whining and moaning. So much for trying to maintain civility in here. I certainly don't need to call on mods either. I was actually giving you credit for not needing to resort to name calling considering your sensitivity to "circle jerks" etc

8 hours ago, BigEFly said:

Falcons waived Dom Maggio, punter, when they signed Pinion.  Maggio is a local kid just down the road from here in Parkton.  Was All ACC for three years and second in his class in punt average.  Maybe worth a look as competition at the position. C’mon Howie, bring in another punter.  

Phillies had Vince Dimaggio for a brief time.  He shared some DNA with Joe Dimaggio.  From my understanding... Joe was pretty good.  Vince... not so much.  But... Vince did lead the league in ONE stat 6 times in his career.  Anyone care to take a guess?   No cheating now, you are on the honor system (including leading the majors THREE times in that category!)

7 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

nope.

I have a hunch it is a defensive statistic like assists or errors.

Just now, aptosbird said:

Sorry.  But, you are getting warmer going with the errors.  It is not a positive stat.

1 hour ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Warmer, but still not correct.

Ks?

2 hours ago, aptosbird said:

People are also assuming he’s a hitter. Could be passed balls, hit batsmen, or balks

7 hours ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Warmer, but still not correct.

Most strikeouts?

2 hours ago, TorontoEagle said:

Most strikeouts?

Correct.

8 hours ago, Allhaildawk said:

Ks?

Correct.

Archived