EMB Blog: 2022 OTAs thru Pre-Season

Connecticut Eagle

28 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

What in the hell is Brown even talking about? Between this and the weather take, he must be really enjoying the off-season 

Does Solak actually understand what he's trying to say or is he just acting like he knows because there's no way anyone can translate that and say it's an elite tweet.  It makes zero sense and is dumb.  Nothing about that is elite.  

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Does Solak actually understand what he's trying to say or is he just acting like he knows because there's no way anyone can translate that and say it's an elite tweet.  It makes zero sense and is dumb.  Nothing about that is elite.  

Solak is just going with the bit.  WRs tweet like absolute nutjobs.  Brown posted something extra crazy, therefore he must be an extra good receiver.  He knows nothing about what Brown is trying to say, he's just going along with the joke.

Short of trading Embiid, you have to do everything, anything to get Durant.  That addition is the only kind of cataclysmic change that makes the 76ers true title contenders.

As is, with a better bench, with a marginally better 3...they aren't winning a title.  

You pair Embiid with Durant?  You've got a shot.

A shot > no shot

Assuming there is no fixing here (ie Durant/Irving to LAL for nothing), Maxey is an interesting option.  Booker, Jaylen Brown...they are better than Maxey, but they also severely compromise the receiving team and likely would be untouchable.  Maxey may be the best "touchable" player in this mix.

38 minutes ago, DEagle7 said:

It's cool, he clarified it for you:

Yea I’ve tried that coming home to my parents and then later down the line, wife. That doesn’t work, ever. 

Interesting he left out "ingesting”. 

On 6/27/2022 at 10:07 AM, dawkdaballhawk said:

No, I said to be honest. Which is going to be important in a few months.

Everyone should get vaccinated, but know the risks. It's not hard.

No one can KNOW the risks, because new information is being uncovered every day.  You can have a sense of the risks, but KNOWING them is an impossibility.

1 minute ago, mattwill said:

No one can KNOW the risks, because new information is being uncovered every day.  You can have a sense of the risks, but KNOWING them is an impossibility.

Knowing the outcome is an impossibility.  Risk itself is a statistical uncertainty…and enough shots have been given to know the risks.

14 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

Short of trading Embiid, you have to do everything, anything to get Durant.  That addition is the only kind of cataclysmic change that makes the 76ers true title contenders.

As is, with a better bench, with a marginally better 3...they aren't winning a title.  

You pair Embiid with Durant?  You've got a shot.

A shot > no shot

Assuming there is no fixing here (ie Durant/Irving to LAL for nothing), Maxey is an interesting option.  Booker, Jaylen Brown...they are better than Maxey, but they also severely compromise the receiving team and likely would be untouchable.  Maxey may be the best "touchable" player in this mix.

Not sure Durant can take the type of criticism he will receive in Philadelphia if he doesn't play well.  Probably will ask for a trade again.

Durant Durant

Hungry like the Wolves?

He's going to Minnesota.

1 hour ago, DEagle7 said:

It's cool, he clarified it for you:

Prefers edibles?

2 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

Prefers edibles?

Yes. They're the greatest.

Save your lungs. Have some fun.

If I was an NFL athlete, that's where I'd get my kicks from.

6 hours ago, 315Eagles said:

Not sure Durant can take the type of criticism he will receive in Philadelphia if he doesn't play well.  Probably will ask for a trade again.

The only way Durant would want to play here is if he LOVED Embiid and was dying to play with him. I have no clue what their relationship is like or if there is one. 

7 hours ago, 315Eagles said:

There's really no question whether Durant will play well or not.  It's Kevin Durant. 

OK, the first big mistake of the 2022 season is the opening of training camp, the Eagles have the vets and rookies reporting on the same day, July 26 which makes no sense.

Something like rookies reporting on July 24 and vets on July 26 makes more sense, this gives the coaches time to stress things that the vets already know.

3 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

There's really no question whether Durant will play well or not.  It's Kevin Durant. 

Well he didn't play very well in the playoffs this year.  He's had some stinkers.  

If he played like that in the playoffs for the 76ers he'd get crushed.

9 minutes ago, 315Eagles said:

Well he didn't play very well in the playoffs this year.  He's had some stinkers.  

If he played like that in the playoffs for the 76ers he'd get crushed.

I'm not saying he played great, believe me, I watched it unfold.

He was still 26/6/6. If that's the worst you'll get (which I doubt it happens consistently) that would still help the 76ers out.

Most predictable thing is the Watson suspension coming out today at 4PM. Nothing like a negative NFL news dump the eve of a holiday weekend. 

5 hours ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

The only way Durant would want to play here is if he LOVED Embiid and was dying to play with him. I have no clue what their relationship is like or if there is one. 

They have both spoken very fondly of each other over the past year.  The hangup would be whether Durant now has no desire to play with Harden again. 

Got the renewal email for nfl gamepass international this season and shockingly it’s increased in price, but after a load of prattle about the new features, they had a part about the eagles(as you can enter your favourite team) and it said they hope I enjoy the eagles this season on their way to the super bowl. Can emails be high and drunk at the same time ? I mean I don’t enjoy eagles games that often(I’m normally pacing the room) and super bowl ? I’m as optimistic as the next eagles fans but it’s Fing July the 1st, so why is anyone talking about the super bowl.

13 minutes ago, EaglesIreland said:

Got the renewal email for nfl gamepass international this season and shockingly it’s increased in price, but after a load of prattle about the new features, they had a part about the eagles(as you can enter your favourite team) and it said they hope I enjoy the eagles this season on their way to the super bowl. Can emails be high and drunk at the same time ? I mean I don’t enjoy eagles games that often(I’m normally pacing the room) and super bowl ? I’m as optimistic as the next eagles fans but it’s Fing July the 1st, so why is anyone talking about the super bowl.

"We hope you enjoy the Eagles this season on their way to one and done in the playoffs" doesn't have quite the same drawing power. 

25 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

They have both spoken very fondly of each other over the past year.

When I started reading this comment, I though he was talking about Philly's new power couple.

Jalen Hurts was with A.J. Brown when he got the call and was drafted in  2019 : r/eagles

10 minutes ago, downundermike said:

When I started reading this comment, I though he was talking about Philly's new power couple.

Jalen Hurts was with A.J. Brown when he got the call and was drafted in  2019 : r/eagles

AJ Brown's phone call revealed 

Wasn't expecting to see more offseason cooking videos than workout videos. 

1 hour ago, Swoop said:

I'm not saying he played great, believe me, I watched it unfold.

He was still 26/6/6. If that's the worst you'll get (which I doubt it happens consistently) that would still help the 76ers out.

I agree.  It would be great to get him.  Don't matter to me either way as I'm a Spurs fan.

But I'm just saying not sure it would be a great mix of him and the Philly media/fans.  We all know how sensitive the guy is.  He has a bad game, especially in the playoffs here and there,  he will hear the criticism more so than anywhere else he's been.  Not sure he could handle it.

6 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Wasn't expecting to see more offseason cooking videos than workout videos. 

Has to get ready for his real career after this season

Archived