Playstation 5

opengeo

29 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Anyone have the PSVR2?

Nah

On 4/12/2023 at 12:29 PM, Mike030270 said:

Anyone have the PSVR2?

I had a preorder for it, but decided to cancel like a day or so before release.  Still may get one at some point, but it’s just so expensive.  It’s gotten really good reviews from what I’ve seen, but VR headsets are something one typically doesn’t want to spend long, extended periods of time wearing (at least in my experience).  I just don’t know that I can justify a purchase that costs more than the console itself when there’s a decent chance it’ll end up sitting around not getting much use at times.

• 4 months later...

https://blog.playstation.com/2023/08/30/playstation-plus-monthly-games-for-september-saints-row-black-desert-traveler-edition-generation-zero/

We also wanted to let you know that starting September 6 we will be increasing the price for PlayStation Plus 12-month subscriptions globally across all benefit plans. This price adjustment will enable us to continue bringing high-quality games and value-added benefits to your PlayStation Plus subscription service. 

Here are the new prices for PlayStation Plus 12-month subscription plans.

PlayStation Plus Essential 12-Month Subscription
79.99 USD | 71,99 Euro | 59.99 GBP | 6,800 Yen

PlayStation Plus Extra 12-Month Subscription
134.99 USD | 125,99 Euro | 99.99 GBP | 11,700 Yen

PlayStation Plus Premium 12-Month Subscription
159.99 USD | 151,99 Euro | 119.99 GBP | 13,900 Yen

The new prices for the 12-Month subscription will remain at a discounted rate when compared to purchasing the 1-Month or 3-Month subscriptions over a 12-month period. 

For current 12-month subscribers, this price increase will not take effect until your next renewal date that occurs on or after November 6. However, any membership changes you make on or after September 6, such as upgrades, downgrades or buying additional time, will update your plan reflecting the new prices.  You can change or cancel your subscription at any time, details here.

We’ll notify current subscribers of these changes via email and will have additional details on our website soon. 

Premium not worth it anymore. You can argue that Extra isn't worth it anymore

3 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

I bought like 6-7 years worth of membership at $30/yr back in probably 2021, and that crap got me the top-tier after the conversion through that expiration date. 

13 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

I'm thinking about just going with the essential plan. I have the extra right now but, that's a ridiculous price hike. 

On 9/1/2023 at 5:13 AM, Bwestbrook36 said:

I'm thinking about just going with the essential plan. I have the extra right now but, that's a ridiculous price hike. 

The only way they could justify that hike is if they put literally every Sony 1st party game for the PS2 and 3 on the subscription, but they won't do that.

The announcement seems to have landed so badly I wouldn't be surprised to see a rowback at some point.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

The only way they could justify that hike is if they put literally every Sony 1st party game for the PS2 and 3 on the subscription, but they won't do that.

The announcement seems to have landed so badly I wouldn't be surprised to see a rowback at some point.

How do the tiers work? Like what is currently included in each one?

I know Gamepass Ultimate is about $120 for the year at the moment through Amazon (3 x 3 month subscriptions) and that comes with day one releases of their first party games and a huge available catalogue to download and play via the cloud. So value for money is pretty good in that it costs the same as buying Starifeld and Forza to own and you can play on both console and PC. Plus there were hacks to get it far cheaper. 

I haven't looked too far into the PS online service in a while but I remember they had the free games each month and that was about it. At $160 for the year I would be curious to see what is available. 

37 minutes ago, Mat said:

How do the tiers work? Like what is currently included in each one?

I know Gamepass Ultimate is about $120 for the year at the moment through Amazon (3 x 3 month subscriptions) and that comes with day one releases of their first party games and a huge available catalogue to download and play via the cloud. So value for money is pretty good in that it costs the same as buying Starifeld and Forza to own and you can play on both console and PC. Plus there were hacks to get it far cheaper. 

I haven't looked too far into the PS online service in a while but I remember they had the free games each month and that was about it. At $160 for the year I would be curious to see what is available. 

Tier 1 gets you access to online services and 3 free games a month that will be 80 a month

Tier 2 gets you the same as tier 1 plus a catalog of games for PS4 and PS5 but no day 1 releases and mostly games that have been out for a few years. For 135

Tier 3 gets you what the previous tiers plus a catalog of **** PS1 games not even the good ones and some demos of the new games coming out and that is a whopping 180 bucks. 

They can shove it up their ass

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

They are getting a crap load and f backlash for sure 

• Like 1

On 8/31/2023 at 11:13 PM, Bwestbrook36 said:

I have the premium because I like the catalog for old games I procrastinated on getting and the game trials so I don't waste my time on games I may not like. My subscription was already renewed in August but there's no way I'm renewing next August if they don't change it. I saw on reddit a lot of people are canceling. I haven't played a multiplayer game in awhile so I don't really need that right now. One problem is that I've amassed a nice collection of games that I procrastinated about but won't be able to play them because you need the subscription lol

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Tier 1 gets you access to online services and 3 free games a month that will be 80 a month

Tier 2 gets you the same as tier 1 plus a catalog of games for PS4 and PS5 but no day 1 releases and mostly games that have been out for a few years. For 135

Tier 3 gets you what the previous tiers plus a catalog of **** PS1 games not even the good ones and some demos of the new games coming out and that is a whopping 180 bucks. 

They can shove it up their ass

I think you meant $160 instead of $180, but that is fricken insane. Why the hell would you spend $180 to play PaRappa the Rapper? Are there any third party titles included or are they just the monthly freebies? I feel like most people would already own the old PS4 or PS5 games if they're worth playing by the time they hit the service and does anyone actually play demos anymore? That's going back to the 90's. 

It feels like Sony have got this completely wrong. I haven't screwed around with Nintendo's online service, but they have the virtual machine with the expansions where you can play the old stuff including some Sega stuff. Microsoft have the first party titles on their service at launch. Sony is stuck somewhere in between both with an even more expensive price point which is ridiculous 

5 hours ago, Mat said:

think you meant $160 instead of $180,

I did but either way yes it's ridiculous 

5 hours ago, Mat said:

I think you meant $160 instead of $180, but that is fricken insane. Why the hell would you spend $180 to play PaRappa the Rapper? Are there any third party titles included or are they just the monthly freebies? I feel like most people would already own the old PS4 or PS5 games if they're worth playing by the time they hit the service and does anyone actually play demos anymore? That's going back to the 90's. 

It feels like Sony have got this completely wrong. I haven't screwed around with Nintendo's online service, but they have the virtual machine with the expansions where you can play the old stuff including some Sega stuff. Microsoft have the first party titles on their service at launch. Sony is stuck somewhere in between both with an even more expensive price point which is ridiculous 

Premium has the catalog that extra has. It's a bunch of games that have come out in past years. You can add as many to your library as you want and play whenever as long as you have the subscription. Both Horizon games are in it. A bunch of other big name games that came out a few years ago. Premium also has the trial. All tiers have the same 3 free monthly games

• 2 weeks later...

Spiderman 2 next month and FF7 Pt2 on Leap Day. I will have plenty to keep me busy over the winter! 

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/13/2023 at 12:04 PM, Agent23 said:

Getting ready! 

IMG_1100.jpeg

Did you play it yet? I just downloaded it today

19 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Did you play it yet? I just downloaded it today

Been having damn near narcolepsy lately, so fell asleep seated upright in the couch at 630pm Wednesday night while doing a refresher speed run through miles morales. Had work event Thursday night, so didn’t get to finish MM until about 10pm yesterday. 

started sm2 after and fell asleep playing the opening battle sequence :roll: 

but woke up at like 730 today and played SM2 nonstop from about 830 until 3pm when I took a food break. Will maybe squeeze in another hour or so, but have 7pm tickets to see my guys DiCaprio and Plemmons 

• Haha 1

On 10/21/2023 at 4:56 PM, Agent23 said:

Been having damn near narcolepsy lately, so fell asleep seated upright in the couch at 630pm Wednesday night while doing a refresher speed run through miles morales. Had work event Thursday night, so didn’t get to finish MM until about 10pm yesterday. 

started sm2 after and fell asleep playing the opening battle sequence :roll: 

but woke up at like 730 today and played SM2 nonstop from about 830 until 3pm when I took a food break. Will maybe squeeze in another hour or so, but have 7pm tickets to see my guys DiCaprio and Plemmons 

I played an hour yesterday, loving it already. They throw your ass right into the action lol

On 10/23/2023 at 4:08 PM, Bwestbrook36 said:

I played an hour yesterday, loving it already. They throw your ass right into the action lol

I didn’t play the last two nights because I’ve been unusually tired and don’t feel like falling asleep mid-game again :lol: 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

I didn’t realize they are already selling the slim PS5s! 

IMG_1461.jpeg

18 hours ago, Agent23 said:

I didn’t realize they are already selling the slim PS5s! 

IMG_1461.jpeg

That’s supposed to be released on the 8th, they’re not supposed to be available yet lol 

• 1 month later...

I thought we all posted last year but I couldn’t find. My 2023 year in review 

IMG_1807.thumb.png.2b25831da2a48eea6cc952d6255819d6.png

IMG_1802.png

IMG_1808.png

• 1 month later...