Playstation 5

opengeo

1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

TV does for sure, all the HDMI ports are 2.1 and up to 120Hz refresh rate. 

The cables are really the only thing I'm missing (besides the small one that comes with the PS5). Guess I have a weekend project. 

Before you fish through another cable, might be worth it to test your current one and see if it can support 4k120. 

14 minutes ago, we_gotta_believe said:

Before you fish through another cable, might be worth it to test your current one and see if it can support 4k120. 

Yea, going to do that first just to see. Found the cables I ordered on amazon a few years ago and it says it supports 4k 60Hz

Are these things becoming a little easier to come by?

I have seen a few emails recently saying they would be in stores on a certain date.

The other day I happened to be walking in to game stop right as they opened. One guy went in before me and was asking about a bundle. I was just there with my son for some Pokemon cards. Later on I saw another email saying PS5s would be in the store. Guess I coulda nabbed one if I was in the market for it.

Im wondering now, because Im starting to think about it as a christmas gift for my kids.

House is a mess with way too many toys that they dont care about. Also pretty close to starting construction on a detached garage (with 2nd floor for storage) thats going to free up space in the house. So plan to make the finished half of the basement a place for the kids with computers, TV, video games, etc. 

Might be perfect timing as the garage should be finished sometime in the Fall. Christmas comes soon enough after. And 1 shared gift (especially the digital version) will certainly cut down on a ton of clutter instead of spending money on another heap of toys. 

Hows it gonna be trying to shop for one of these things in October or November?

9 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

I have seen a few emails recently saying they would be in stores on a certain date.

The other day I happened to be walking in to game stop right as they opened. One guy went in before me and was asking about a bundle. I was just there with my son for some Pokemon cards. Later on I saw another email saying PS5s would be in the store. Guess I coulda nabbed one if I was in the market for it.

Im wondering now, because Im starting to think about it as a christmas gift for my kids.

House is a mess with way too many toys that they dont care about. Also pretty close to starting construction on a detached garage (with 2nd floor for storage) thats going to free up space in the house. So plan to make the finished half of the basement a place for the kids with computers, TV, video games, etc. 

Might be perfect timing as the garage should be finished sometime in the Fall. Christmas comes soon enough after. And 1 shared gift (especially the digital version) will certainly cut down on a ton of clutter instead of spending money on another heap of toys. 

If you plan on getting one for Christmas I'd start looking now.... The panic for them is just going to start all over again once summer breaks. There is millions of people looking just to have them now that have nothing to do with Christmas. 

On 7/28/2022 at 11:39 AM, LeanMeanGM said:

Got my PS5 today. Tech question: is it THAT noticeable using a HDMI 2.0 cable vs a 2.1 cable? I already have all of my cables hidden in the wall and a big TV mounted. I was hoping to just plug the existing cables in but now think I will have to take off the TV and run new HDMI cables through the wall which will be a pain. 

Yes. Might as well do it now. PS5 games that support VRR so far

Here are the confirmed PS5 games that have VRR support:

– Astro’s Playroom
– Call of Duty: Vanguard
– Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War
– Destiny 2
– Devil May Cry 5 Special Edition
– DIRT 5
– Godfall
– Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered
– Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales
– Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart
– Resident Evil Village
– Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands
– Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege
– Tribes of Midgard

• Thanks 1

On 7/28/2022 at 7:56 PM, HazletonEagle said:

I've procured 5 in the past 2 weeks for family and friends.

Here is how I got every one of them...Just turn notifications on, and you shouldn't have much of a problem honestly.

https://twitter.com/PS5StockAlerts

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, jrsu37 said:

I've procured 5 in the past 2 weeks for family and friends.

Here is how I got every one of them...Just turn notifications on, and you shouldn't have much of a problem honestly.

https://twitter.com/PS5StockAlerts

thanks. That may come in handy if/when I start trying to get one. 

I didnt know that backbone thing existed. That looks like something my son would love too!

1 hour ago, HazletonEagle said:

I didnt know that backbone thing existed. That looks like something my son would love too!

my only uncertainty with it is how it fits with phone cases. 

Is it the end of the world to spend 1.7 seconds removing my phone from its case? No.

Is it a mild inconvenience that will have disproportionate rage to the level of inconvenience it is? Yep. 

Somebody tell me more about this backbone.

How does it work? Do you need to have the console turned on at home while you are away to play it outside of the house? I assume the phone needs to be on wifi, or else uses cellular data?

I have 2 kids. Can they both play different games at once if we had 2 of them? Or just 1 at a time?

On 8/1/2022 at 9:13 AM, HazletonEagle said:

Try this as a backup too

https://direct.playstation.com/en-us/hardware/ps5

I just registered maybe a month ago, got an email a few weeks later saying when to buy it and then shipped to my house less than a week later. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/12/2022 at 4:55 PM, Agent23 said:

I will be playing 

I’m interested in this, too.  Just hope it’s a truly quality finished experience, there have been several delays it seems like

37 minutes ago, EaglesFan said:

I’m interested in this, too.  Just hope it’s a truly quality finished experience, there have been several delays it seems like

With just about any game, I've long abandoned any hopes for anything to be exception (save for maybe Naughty Dog or God of War), so an enjoyable experience that holds my attention is satisfactory any more. Things that did (and exceeded that) recently (last 18-24 months) were Tsushima and Days Gone. 

7 hours ago, Agent23 said:

With just about any game, I've long abandoned any hopes for anything to be exception (save for maybe Naughty Dog or God of War), so an enjoyable experience that holds my attention is satisfactory any more. Things that did (and exceeded that) recently (last 18-24 months) were Tsushima and Days Gone. 

Yeah, I agree, and I very much assume this game will be enjoyable for me.  I’m just a little leery with all the delays that perhaps the experience is going to be plagued by bugs or something.  Hopefully not

2 hours ago, EaglesFan said:

Yeah, I agree, and I very much assume this game will be enjoyable for me.  I’m just a little leery with all the delays that perhaps the experience is going to be plagued by bugs or something.  Hopefully not

They usually delay games to fix any bugs or issues. So delays aren't a bad thing. The only time it becomes a bad thing is when they keep delaying the game and then give into the pressure of gamers to release it before it's ready aka cyberpunk. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

They usually delay games to fix any bugs or issues. So delays aren't a bad thing. The only time it becomes a bad thing is when they keep delaying the game and then give into the pressure of gamers to release it before it's ready aka cyberpunk. 

Oh, I agree.  I guess I’m just nervous that a game of this scope and consumer anticipation may be one that falls prey to finally releasing, still with some of the bugs because there may have been so many initially (feel like Marvel’s Avengers followed this path as well, IIRC).  I definitely could have worded that better, though.  In any event, definitely hoping you’re right.  Really pumped for this 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, EaglesFan said:

Oh, I agree.  I guess I’m just nervous that a game of this scope and consumer anticipation may be one that falls prey to finally releasing, still with some of the bugs because there may have been so many initially (feel like Marvel’s Avengers followed this path as well, IIRC).  I definitely could have worded that better, though.  In any event, definitely hoping you’re right.  Really pumped for this 

They redeemed themselves with guardians of the Galaxy, if you haven't played I strongly recommend! I get what you are saying though, it's frustrating waiting so long for a game and then spend that kind of money just for it to be a broken piece of crap. Madden is really good at that lol. 

• Like 1

Avengers was so ass I quit after an hour I’m the initial encounter 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

They redeemed themselves with guardians of the Galaxy, if you haven't played I strongly recommend! I get what you are saying though, it's frustrating waiting so long for a game and then spend that kind of money just for it to be a broken piece of crap. Madden is really good at that lol. 

I have it, abut have played just the first three chapters or so.  It’s a quality game and I’ve enjoyed it, and plan to return to it.  I just get very distracted by other things while gaming these days, and often end up taking unexpected long hiatuses.

2 minutes ago, EaglesFan said:

I have it, abut have played just the first three chapters or so.  It’s a quality game and I’ve enjoyed it, and plan to return to it.  I just get very distracted by other things while gaming these days, and often end up taking unexpected long hiatuses.

I'm the same, I'll go hard trying to finish a game and then just stop for months at a time. I just finished guardians and then stray. I started a couple others but wasn't feeling it so I stopped. I'm like 10 min into ghost of Tsushima and I can tell already I'm going to like it, so I'm going to take a break before I get to involved so I don't stop mid way through then I won't finish it. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Agent23 said:

Avengers was so ass I quit after an hour I’m the initial encounter 

I wanted to like Avengers so badly after breaking down and buying it.  I even "kinda” did for a little while there, I remember playing with a buddy for a small handful of missions and we had a really good time.  It was so buggy though, and there just seemed to be a lot of repetitive content for the multiplayer aspect.  

Somewhat surprisingly, I actually really enjoyed the campaign - once I could finally play it.  I got a few chapters in and was really starting to enjoy it where I hit a bug that just literally prevented me from progressing any further because I couldn’t perform a specific action needed to advance the story.  Months and months of emails to customer service, and finally one of the several patches they released addressed my specific problem.  Was excited, played more…and then hit yet another progress-preventing bug a mere cutscene and then minute’s worth of gameplay after.  Couldn’t believe it.  Once it was finally "all good” though, I actually did enjoy it.

3 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I'm the same, I'll go hard trying to finish a game and then just stop for months at a time. I just finished guardians and then stray. I started a couple others but wasn't feeling it so I stopped. I'm like 10 min into ghost of Tsushima and I can tell already I'm going to like it, so I'm going to take a break before I get to involved so I don't stop mid way through then I won't finish it. 

That sounds like a reasonable strategy.

I managed to get one a couple of weeks ago.

finished stray with the 7 day trial and then extended so i could get god of war completed. Both fantastic games.

Really enjoyed THPS1/2 - felt like i was 18 again playing it for hours on end.

Can't wait for MW2, FIFA 23 and madden 23