Playstation 5

opengeo

Ghost of Tsushima anyone? Imagine Red Dead Redemption 2 except instead of being a vigilante/cowboy in the wild west you're a Samurai. So damn good. 

Have to send the controller in because the analog stick drifts. Wasn't expecting this on such a new controller

I have to ship it to them and be without for the process :sad:

Does the app allow you to control the PS5 like it did for the PS4?

On 1/12/2022 at 9:24 AM, JBENT87 said:

Ghost of Tsushima anyone? Imagine Red Dead Redemption 2 except instead of being a vigilante/cowboy in the wild west you're a Samurai. So damn good. 

I don't play through many long games anymore because I don't have time but I was absolutely addicted to this one.  Maybe my favorite game ever.  Definitely up there with the RDR games.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I got a voucher code from PlayStation to test out new PS5 beta software. Can share code with 4 additional users. PM me if you want to give it a try 

• 1 month later...

Don’t know any technical details but seems like a fair price 

https://blog.playstation.com/2022/03/29/all-new-playstation-plus-launches-in-june-with-700-games-and-more-value-than-ever/#sf255029422

PlayStation Plus Essential

• Benefits
    • Provides the same benefits that PlayStation Plus members are getting today, such as:
      • Two monthly downloadable games
      • Exclusive discounts
      • Cloud storage for saved games
      • Online multiplayer access
    • There are no changes for existing PlayStation Plus members in this tier.

• Price* for PlayStation Plus Essential remains the same as the current price for PlayStation Plus.
    • United States
      • $9.99 monthly / $24.99 quarterly / $59.99 yearly
    • Europe
      • €8.99 monthly / €24.99 quarterly / €59.99 yearly
    • United Kingdom
      • £6.99 monthly / £19.99 quarterly / £49.99 yearly 
    • Japan
      • ¥850 monthly / ¥2,150 quarterly / ¥5,143 yearly

PlayStation Plus Extra

• Benefits
    • Provides all the benefits from the Essential tier
    • Adds a catalog of up to 400* of the most enjoyable PS4 and PS5 games – including blockbuster hits from our PlayStation Studios catalog and third-party partners. Games in the Extra tier are downloadable for play.
  • Price*:
    • United States
      • $14.99 monthly / $39.99 quarterly / $99.99 yearly
    • Europe
      • €13.99 monthly / €39.99 quarterly / €99.99 yearly
    • United Kingdom
      • £10.99 monthly / £31.99 quarterly / £83.99 yearly 
    • Japan
      • ¥1,300 monthly / ¥3,600 quarterly / ¥8,600 yearly

PlayStation Plus Premium** 

• Benefits:
    • Provides all the benefits from Essential and Extra tiers
    • Adds up to 340* additional games, including:
      • PS3 games available via cloud streaming
      • A catalog of beloved classic games available in both streaming and download options from the original PlayStation, PS2 and PSP generations 
    • Offers cloud streaming access for original PlayStation, PS2, PSP and PS4 games offered in the Extra and Premium tiers in markets** where PlayStation Now is currently available. Customers can stream games using PS4 and PS5 consoles, and PC.*** 
    • Time-limited game trials will also be offered in this tier, so customers can try select games before they buy.
  • Price*:
    • United States
      • $17.99 monthly / $49.99 quarterly / $119.99 yearly
    • Europe
      • €16.99 monthly / €49.99 quarterly / €119.99 yearly
    • United Kingdom
      • £13.49 monthly / £39.99 quarterly / £99.99 yearly 
    • Japan
      • ¥1,550 – monthly / ¥4,300 – quarterly / ¥10,250 yearly
  • PlayStation Plus Deluxe (Select Markets) For markets without cloud streaming, PlayStation Plus Deluxe will be offered at a lower price compared to Premium, and includes a catalog of beloved classic games from the original PlayStation, PS2 and PSP generations to download and play, along with time-limited game trials. Benefits from Essential and Extra tiers are also included. Local pricing will vary by market.
  • Like 1

It's not really worth it to me unless you want to play a lot of old games

I think they lowered the number of monthly free games too. Not that it really matters. Most of the monthly games are usually non-interesting indy games. Sometimes they'll have the big name ones but that's usually already owned because it was a big name game lol

$119/year for backwards compatibility isn't worth it. I'd pay that if they dropped the prices of new games while using the subscription. Then it's a deal IMO

5 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

It's not really worth it to me unless you want to play a lot of old games

I think they lowered the number of monthly free games too. Not that it really matters. Most of the monthly games are usually non-interesting indy games. Sometimes they'll have the big name ones but that's usually already owned because it was a big name game lol

$119/year for backwards compatibility isn't worth it. I'd pay that if they dropped the prices of new games while using the subscription. Then it's a deal IMO

At the $60 price right now (that will be upgraded in June to the top-tier of the new service), this is the same "price” for the current PS Plus subscription, but also includes the streaming portion to ($120 value). I typically luck out and load up PS+ near half price when there is a once or twice a year discount, but for people who are already/typically paying $60/yr for PS+, this is a nice way to pay that same amount and get 9-10 months access to the top tier of the new service. I haven’t bought Returnal because I have enough backlog, and didn’t buy ratchet and clank because of similar reasons and never getting myself to play through the PS4 remaster…. I wouldn’t be shocked to see either if not both show up on that new platform by June of 2023, so this could be a way for someone like me on the fence to test the waters with stuff I don’t want to spend $40-50 to "try” when they go on purchase sales 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Damn, ps5 really is the master race. At target right now. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• 1 month later...

Seems like the stacking worked (tho my PS+ stacking started like 2 years ago) 

EDFFE940-194B-4F6C-BCDB-66721DB39EB1.jpeg

28 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Did anyone get upgraded or did everyone start off on the lowest?

I... I just shared a screenshot of my results... 

4 hours ago, Agent23 said:

Didn't look and just posted the question lol

That sucks. I mean it's awesome for you but yea lol

So people who stacked PS+ somehow were upgraded automatically? That seems really strange

5 hours ago, Agent23 said:

Mine doesn't renew till November so I'm just going to let it ride before deciding if I want to upgrade or stay where I am. 

Costco, in store only, has $100 PS gift cards on sale rinding up for $79.99. Saw on twitter, just confirmed in store. Some stores still have default $89.99 signs up but it took the extra $10 off at register. 

4 hours ago, Agent23 said:

Costco, in store only, has $100 PS gift cards on sale rinding up for $79.99. Saw on twitter, just confirmed in store. Some stores still have default $89.99 signs up but it took the extra $10 off at register. 

I used my cash back check and the normal 10 bucks off and got the 100 in gift cards for 30 bucks. Probably gonna do it again this year

• Like 1

Upgraded to the  extra for 16 bucks.... I don't see myself sticking with that plan, I have enough games I don't play but, to upgrade and see if there is other games I missed out on

How do you even buy a PS5? I haven't tried super hard, just casually look every now and then and its STILL sold out everywhere like 2 years later. Ridiculous. 

17 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

How do you even buy a PS5? I haven't tried super hard, just casually look every now and then and its STILL sold out everywhere like 2 years later. Ridiculous. 

There have been some "invitations" sent out by Amazon and other retailers, where you have to sign up to be able to buy it. Haven't looked into it much but stock has popped up sporadically enough that you can probably snag one in the next couple months if you want to keep an eye out for them. 

https://www.tomsguide.com/news/amazon-opens-invite-only-ps5-restock-registration-how-to-sign-up

A better option might be to follow Wario64 on twitter though: 

• Like 1