Last Of Us 2 - Out NOW

opengeo

14 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

That may have been the one I had, but I can't recall. I just know that First Person mode SUCKS. Like it doesn't make the game feel more immersive or realistic or like "I'm there". it just makes things more choked off and annoying. 

Fair...It does take some getting used to, and or story games I do prefer 3rd person, but that game was awesome once I got into it...As was Skyrim...Skyrim can be 3rd person though. It's just a bit wonky.

5 minutes ago, jrsu37 said:

Fair...It does take some getting used to, and or story games I do prefer 3rd person, but that game was awesome once I got into it...As was Skyrim...Skyrim can be 3rd person though. It's just a bit wonky.

I only tried that when PlayStation mailed me a full VR Headset and games to TEST OUT for like a week or two in exchange for feedback (if you didn't mail them back in the pre-paid box and label, they charged you like 67% of what the VR bundles cost at the store). It was very disorienting and I decided not for me... at least not in that format. 

I think I'm going to re-play the first one and then play the second one right after

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

I think I'm going to re-play the first one and then play the second one right after

If I didn’t have like 6 play through of the game under my belt and many, many hours watching streamers (via YouTube) play the game for the first time, I might have done that myself, but I think I’m familiar enough with the original to allow the sequel to be my first time dipping my toes back in those waters. 

9 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

If I didn’t have like 6 play through of the game under my belt and many, many hours watching streamers (via YouTube) play the game for the first time, I might have done that myself, but I think I’m familiar enough with the original to allow the sequel to be my first time dipping my toes back in those waters. 

I also just haven't played the first one in a long time

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

I also just haven't played the first one in a long time

shame on you! @jrsu37 might still be on a 1-per-year pace!

I'm curious if the story is

Spoiler

her sacrificing herself to create the cure

1 hour ago, Mike030270 said:

I'm curious if the story is her sacrificing herself to create the cure

pretty good theory, which through character development could turn out to be true. But with all the hype with this game and how long it took to come to fruition , this seems a little too cookie cuttery. 

3 minutes ago, JBENT87 said:

pretty good theory, which through character development could turn out to be true. But with all the hype with this game and how long it took to come to fruition , this seems a little too cookie cuttery. 

Is this the last one? If it is then I could see them killing her off to save the world

2 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Is this the last one? If it is then I could see them killing her off to save the world

Honestly it wouldn't have to be the last one...Could reboot 3 with a new character set. Tommy's kid or a new character from the upcoming game. Lots of ways to explore this world after Ellie and Joel.

There are spoilers out there (which I have very easily avoided). As a result, I don't even want to see any of you fogtags post your own theories or guesses as to what can happen in this game because for all I know you are posting a spoiler. How do I know you didn't read someone else post their "theory" online somewhere, where the theory was actually spoilers that they are masking under the guise of "theory", and you read it and think "yeah I could see that" or maybe you come up with your own theory but those thoughts are inspired in some subconscious way by what you read. NOT HAVING THAT!!! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Agent23 said:

There are spoilers out there (which I have very easily avoided). As a result, I don't even want to see any of you fogtags post your own theories or guesses as to what can happen in this game because for all I know you are posting a spoiler. How do I know you didn't read someone else post their "theory" online somewhere, where the theory was actually spoilers that they are masking under the guise of "theory", and you read it and think "yeah I could see that" or maybe you come up with your own theory but those thoughts are inspired in some subconscious way by what you read. NOT HAVING THAT!!! 

Lol it was just an educated guess but if it makes you feel better I'll keep any guesses in spoiler tags

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Agent23 said:

that kinda person is def out there online but I would think in this small community ppl aren't that shameless 

1 hour ago, JBENT87 said:

that kinda person is def out there online but I would think in this small community ppl aren't that shameless 

Westworld (season 1) and Mr Robot (season 2) were great examples of where nobody knew spoilers about what was actually going on (or going to happen), but people were crafting theories, and many times a theory wasn't accurate, but reading it sparks an idea in someone else's head that now makes them look more closely at something else, and doing so allows them to figure out or "guess" what happens. Similar to a game of telephone, but instead of the message getting completely changed by the time person 10 hears it, person 10 might be seeing theories (and formulating versions) that are 9 people removed from the initial spoiler, where people 5-9 in that chain had no clue what they saw/heard came from a spoiler. 

Basically too many words to say that there's no way of knowing if anything out there, including "I haven't read spoilers but have thoughts" could have unknowingly been tainted by the truth. 

12 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

Westworld (season 1) and Mr Robot (season 2) were great examples of where nobody knew spoilers about what was actually going on (or going to happen), but people were crafting theories, and many times a theory wasn't accurate, but reading it sparks an idea in someone else's head that now makes them look more closely at something else, and doing so allows them to figure out or "guess" what happens. Similar to a game of telephone, but instead of the message getting completely changed by the time person 10 hears it, person 10 might be seeing theories (and formulating versions) that are 9 people removed from the initial spoiler, where people 5-9 in that chain had no clue what they saw/heard came from a spoiler. 

Basically too many words to say that there's no way of knowing if anything out there, including "I haven't read spoilers but have thoughts" could have unknowingly been tainted by the truth. 

Right. So how can you tell people that they cant theorize on what this could be about as we have a month left to kill? Sounds like you should just avoid the thread if you're so untrustworthy of other peoples conversations. 

18 hours ago, Agent23 said:

lol I was thinking the EXACT same thing!

1 minute ago, jrsu37 said:

lol I was thinking the EXACT same thing!

apparently we should just avoid the thread!

Spoiler

Kind of surprised silencers weren't used in the trailer

^ not clicking that. Might be a virus

Put in my pre-order for the game for a second time....:lol:

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

^ not clicking that. Might be a virus

It was about the trailer but you're getting a little edgy lol

54 minutes ago, twistr said:

Put in my pre-order for the game for a second time....:lol:

because of when they cancelled them after the covid postponement was announced? 

1 hour ago, Agent23 said:

because of when they cancelled them after the covid postponement was announced? 

yeah, PS refunded the money to my PS account...then the new time came out and I could pre-order again...wheeeee

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, twistr said:

yeah, PS refunded the money to my PS account...then the new time came out and I could pre-order again...wheeeee

Digital?