Last Of Us 2 - Out NOW

opengeo

Just now, Agent23 said:

Digital? 

yeah, I don't buy the discs much any more. Resale is something I don't mess with from local stuff and Gamestop, etc., pay jack all. Not to mention, if I love the game, which I expect to in this case, I want to keep it anyway

• Like 1

Just now, twistr said:

yeah, I don't buy the discs much any more. Resale is something I don't mess with from local stuff and Gamestop, etc., pay jack all. Not to mention, if I love the game, which I expect to in this case, I want to keep it anyway

I like that I can share the game with others if need be, and while (most) consoles don't have backwards compatibility anymore, I was playing my PS1 and PS2 discs on my PS3, and if the PS5 plays PS4 discs... I don't know that it will "transfer" digital copies over to that system. Did PS3 ever do digital purchases or was that new to the PS4/XBoxOne gen?

1 hour ago, Agent23 said:

Digital? 

Only way to fly at this point. Can’t understand why ppl do discs still. It’s 2020. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, opengeo said:

Only way to fly at this point. Can’t understand why ppl do discs still. It’s 2020. 

Less space used on the HD

54 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Less space used on the HD

Not on the PS4 it's not. The disc is a glorified license is all.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Agent23 said:

I like that I can share the game with others if need be, and while (most) consoles don't have backwards compatibility anymore, I was playing my PS1 and PS2 discs on my PS3, and if the PS5 plays PS4 discs... I don't know that it will "transfer" digital copies over to that system. Did PS3 ever do digital purchases or was that new to the PS4/XBoxOne gen?

Digital copies go to your library, so should be able to just download it again there. I think digital was new to PS4 except for the free games, but not sure.

42 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Do you have backups in case the HD goes?

The digital download remains in the ps store library and can be accessed at any time. Saved games are all stored in the cloud. 

2 minutes ago, opengeo said:

The digital download remains in the ps store library and can be accessed at any time. Saved games are all stored in the cloud. 

There's a limit to the cloud

Just now, Mike030270 said:

Doubt you’d ever reach it. Also doubt your hd will go. 

Just now, opengeo said:

Doubt you’d ever reach it. Also doubt your hd will go. 

100GB isn't a lot nowadays

On 5/8/2020 at 4:00 PM, Mike030270 said:

the limit to the cloud is not for your games, it's for you saves and such. You will never reach it. The games library is not included in your personal cloud usage, that is on Sony's end and part of what you get when you purchase digital.

• Like 1

On 5/8/2020 at 7:02 PM, Mike030270 said:

100GB isn't a lot nowadays

As twist indicated above, the cloud storage is for save games, not installation files. Only keep games installed which you are playing, then delete and leave in the PS Store Library when not playing them. It's a great system and you'll never need a physical disc again.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just wrapped up a replay of the first game. Now starting Left Behind. Great game, especially the graphics and vibe setting. 

Just now, opengeo said:

Just wrapped up a replay of the first game. Now starting Left Behind. Great game, especially the graphics and vibe setting. 

Do you have PS4 Pro?

Also which difficulty did you play on for your replay?

On 5/22/2020 at 8:08 PM, Mike030270 said:

Do you have PS4 Pro?

I’ve only ever played on normal... not sure if there is an easy but if I chose to re-play (gotta assume 7th time at least?) I would probably do easy... if that’s even available... because I care more about going through the story than the gameplay (even tho that part is executed wonderfully). 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Do you have PS4 Pro?

PS 4 Pro. I’m an easy player generally. Care most about the story and hate getting bogged down in fighting and all that. 

You guys never played on grounded?

2 minutes ago, opengeo said:

PS 4 Pro. I’m an easy player generally. Care most about the story and hate getting bogged down in fighting and all that. 

Is there a major difference from the PS4 to the PS4 when playing?

24 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Supposedly frame rate and load times are improved... maybe there is also visual upscaling due to 4K output?

33 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

8 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

Supposedly frame rate and load times are improved... maybe there is also visual upscaling due to 4K output?

I’m also playing the remastered version which i assume contains visual improvements. The game looks pretty as ever. Simulated hdr through my projector. 

20 hours ago, Agent23 said:

I watched bout half of it...Looks soooooooooooooo good, but I don't want to see anymore of the story. 

Also, playing through the first one AGAIN now lol. Figured I should have it all refreshed before the new one drops.

• Like 1

I decided to take the plunge and play it again instead of waiting for the PS5. Playing it on normal. Sooo much different than playing it on Grounded lol

I'm able to search areas more. I don't need to avoid every fight. I find myself having maxed out supplies more often lol

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

I decided to take the plunge and play it again instead of waiting for the PS5. Playing it on normal. Sooo much different than playing it on Grounded lol

I'm able to search areas more. I don't need to avoid every fight. I find myself having maxed out supplies more often lol

maybe i should new game + on easy and try to trophy hunt... but I am lazy lol