Last Of Us 2 - Out NOW

opengeo

yes I read 24-28 hours expected length for 1st playthorugh. I know I re-played TLOU1 on New Game Plus Normal difficulty and probably burned through that in 10ish hours. 

44 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

yes I read 24-28 hours expected length for 1st playthorugh. I know I re-played TLOU1 on New Game Plus Normal difficulty and probably burned through that in 10ish hours. 

I saw 30 hours. Either would be great. 

While this may give the digital fanboys a bit of ammunition, I mentioned earlier that I pre-ordered both the $80 special edition and the $160ish collector's edition.

The $160 one notified me available for store pickup around 11:30pm last night. The $80 one still hasn't given a notice of being ready.

When scrolling my Twitter timeline today, that has had tons of Last of Us content the past couple months (zero spoilers though!!!!), I've seen SEVERAL posts about deluxe versions "not available" yet and that they will be shipped/delivered/etc. hopefully within the next week.

Wonder if those copies were in too high demand or affected by covid on either a packaging or shipping end, so if that happens I'm now a bit glad that I ponied up for the more expensive and if/when I decide to keep the other one, maybe it will have some good re-sale value!

14 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

I've been holding off because I don't have the Pro and wanted to play this in 4K but I decided to get it anyway. It should look good with the regular PS4 and a 4K I think

Also I'll probably get the PS5 version

I royally effed up and sold my PS4 thinking I could just get a pro for like 200 bucks by the time "last us of us" came around.... Wrong!!! Still 400 for a pro and 300 for a regular PS4. I really don't want to drop 400 on a pro then turn around a drop another 5 or 600 on a PS5. 

Just now, Bwestbrook36 said:

I royally effed up and sold my PS4 thinking I could just get a pro for like 200 bucks by the time "last us of us" came around.... Wrong!!! Still 400 for a pro and 300 for a regular PS4. I really don't want to drop 400 on a pro then turn around a drop another 5 or 600 on a PS5. 

I had no idea they were still at that price

Maybe you could see about a used PS4 until PS5 drops

1 minute ago, Mike030270 said:

I had no idea they were still at that price

Maybe you could see about a used PS4 until PS5 drops

Even a used regular PS4 was at 280ish. A little steep for a 8 year old system...

The theme you get from the digital deluxe is neat but I was expecting more.

1 minute ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Even a used regular PS4 was at 280ish. A little steep for a 8 year old system...

Wow. I'd then say try to borrow or rent one but that's likely expensive too. Strange that the PS4 is over $200 after all this time

6 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

The theme you get from the digital deluxe is neat but I was expecting more.

Wow. I'd then say try to borrow or rent one but that's likely expensive too. Strange that the PS4 is over $200 after all this time

It is, I definitely was not thinking that would happen 

6 minutes ago, opengeo said:

Am i the only one who got started this AM?

Lol I pre-ordered it but was not staying up playing. I'll start it up sometime tonight

I saw some friends already have trophies from it. I'm still trying to stay away from any spoilers so if you want to say something about it please use spoiler tags

• Like 1

Went down to check on my install from the end of lunch. Grabbed a drink on the way back upstairs so I forget the exact amount but something like 86 or 88GB was the install size on my hard drive.

As for PS4 price discussions: I have never seen either current gen PS or XB drop below $199 (which was  black friday sales). I guess they are a little "cheaper" as they include bundled game(s), but they have held a $300ish and up price point (except maybe digital-only XBO) this whole time.

Add in coronavirus and people stuck at home, and PS systems have been crazy impossible to find. Especially after FF7 Remake released. 

My suggestion? Order PS4 through Best Buy, even if they have like a 7 day delay until they can get you one. BB has a 15 day return window for anyone, and even higher for their 2nd and 3rd tier rewards members. Just spend $60 on the game, beat it in under 2 weeks, then return the PS4 to BB for a full refund. Hell, even shady gamestop will probably be buying back used copies of TLOU2 for $40 3ish weeks from now.

I have the exact guitar.  Taylor. Tobacco sunburst 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Agent23 said:

Add in coronavirus and people stuck at home, and PS systems have been crazy impossible to find. Especially after FF7 Remake released. 

I expected that for the Nintendo switch but not the PS4 or for some reason even the damn Xbox has been sold out!!

11 hours ago, opengeo said:

Reveal hidden contents

Interesting intro of Abby and Owen. Wonder where that’s going?

was surprised by those two as well. I just finished the section where Ellie comes across the Baldwin lodge (spoiler) 

and you know who gets offed :sad: 

time to continue on....

• Like 1

No difficulty trophy? Little disappointed in that. Though now I guess I can do Very Light and try to platinum it in 1 go

Don’t click on any Facebook the last of us posts. a-holes are spoiling crap :angry:

I seen MAAAAD PS3 consoles in peoples houses/etc. as I’m scavenging in this game. Even saw Uncharted 2 for my mans @jrsu37

aint seen a single trashbox360 tho :whistle: 

• Like 1

The game eventually goes to a "Seattle: Day 1” title card. I am still in there. Someone else mentioned being in Seattle day 2... so knowing the game may take some kind of day by day approach (at least initially), maybe spoilers discussions should start with ya listing what Day we are on/discussing, and then have the contents spoilered beneath it. 

should be an easy enough way for those of us playing to discuss things without people who are trailing behind accidentally learning something they haven’t played through yet. 

• Like 1

Friendly non-spoiler hint. There are vending machines throughout the game with glass faces. You can use the meme button to break the glass. Sometimes they have food in them to restore health. Don’t remember if this existed in the first game 

• Like 1

Just finished Seattle Day 1

the 3 years ago flashback was a nice way to re-incorporate you know who and (possibly?) give them a strong role throughout the game

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, 315Eagles said:

Just started playing.....feels more like I'm watching a movie.  

There is a lot of story-heavy content at the beginning. 

I’m early in Seattle day 2, have recovered arrows from a random corpse, but do NOT have a bow/have not stumbled across a bow. No clue if I’m supposed to have arrows before I even have the weapon?!? Lmao 

2 hours ago, Agent23 said:

There is a lot of story-heavy content at the beginning. 

I’m early in Seattle day 2, have recovered arrows from a random corpse, but do NOT have a bow/have not stumbled across a bow. No clue if I’m supposed to have arrows before I even have the weapon?!? Lmao 

Starting to pick up now.  Pretty cool so far.  They are little things but playing the guitar and snow ball fights were fun.

• Like 2

Finished Seattle day 2. Time stamp just over 13 hours played. Spoiler for the end of that segment 

i wasnt sure if she ever learned the truth and interesting to see she took off on a horse and rode all the way back to the hospital