Peters isn't hte guy I thought he was

Rob331

He's 40 years old and has earned North of $50 million throughout his career. 

He's been injury prone and arguably out of shape for at least the last 3 years 

He's been a close confidant, friend, and influencer of Jeffrey Lurie.

The Eagles bent over backwards to keep him happy. 

And he's signing with Dallas. 

Talk about damaging a legacy.  

• Like 3

Half the Eagles fan in me doesn't want him signing there.

The other half is hoping for numerous false starts throughout the year.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, EagleJoe8 said:

Half the Eagles fan in me doesn't want him signing there.

The other half is hoping for numerous false starts throughout the year.

I'm in the who cares, he doesn't have anything left and makes them worse camp. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I'm in the who cares, he doesn't have anything left and makes them worse camp. 

Right. That's part of my "other half" lol.

• Haha 1

Just now, EagleJoe8 said:

Right. That's part of my "other half" lol.

Put Reddick over him and he will false start like a mofo trying to deal with his speed. 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Rob331 said:

You didnt get that last year after he asked for a 2mill raise to move from LG to LT? He was a great Eagle player but he never cared about Philly, its all about the $$$ to him. That is why he should never have his number retired as an Eagle. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I would happily play for the Dallas cowboys if they paid me a couple million dollars. Whether you have 50m$ or you’re broke, a million dollars is still a million dollars.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

He's made more like 115m in salary and probably another 10 in endorsements, licensing, playoff money, etc. and he's set for a fat pension as an 18 year player.

I'm fine with him being a Cowboy, He has very little left and he can't stay healthy. I just want him to be as greedy to them as he was to Philly in 2020. Make them pay him 6 million to play LT for 130 snaps.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

I would happily play for the Dallas cowboys if they paid me a couple million dollars. Whether you have 50m$ or you’re broke, a million dollars is still a million dollars.

If he enjoys playing still and has a chance to earn then I don't hold that against him.  I think a lot of these older guys do extra damage that will effect them later in life in these extra years but that's their call

When you have a long career, there will likely be some injuries. Peters doesn't miss nearly as many games as people seem to think. He's a bit dramatic when he gets hurt on a play and he'll come out for a play or a series, but usually returns. He didn't have an unusually high amount of penalties (the other myth) either. He's no longer the All Pro version of himself, but he played 15 games last season and was better in that stretch than in his last stint with us where we moved him to guard and then back to tackle.

Right now, he's just doing what he loves --- playing professional football. There's a certain point in each of our lives where that is no longer possible. I don't blame him for continuing his career while he can. I do pity him for having to settle for dallas, though. I hated seeing Cunningham in that uniform, but ultimately, that's not how I remember Cunningham.  Celek, on the other hand, earned bonus points for retiring as opposed to entertaining the idea of playing for dallas. But I always felt like Celek retired with gas left in the tank. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

24 minutes ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

100.  The NFL is a cutthroat, back-stabbing business. Teams - including the Eagles - will move on from a guy without thinking twice.  Ask D-Jax or Shady.  Boom.  Gone.  The Eagles didn't want Peters anymore so he signed elsewhere. Players owe zero loyalty to any team.  They should take whatever they can get while they can get it because the window closes early.

Welcome to the NFL.

• Like 1

Agree. The NFL is a business, and thius is a business decision. Besides, is a washed-up tackle in his fifth decade going to make Dallas any better? Go well, Agent Peters.

PS I totally thought he had retired, so this came as quite a surprise

• Like 1

Carmichael and Cunningham played for Dallas at the end of their careers and it didn't really damage their legacy. It is what it is.  Peters is done though and has been for the past couple of years. Not even the Bears who have OL issues wanted him back.  The Cowboys' FO has botched this offseason and I wouldn't be surprised if they finish in 3rd behind Washington because they have no quality OL or WR depth.

• Like 2

Breaking News: professional paid athlete decides to take a job with a new employer after no one else will hire him.

These guys can't be expected to be "loyal" like fans this is their job.

Besides, Peters is from Texas & played HS ball there, college in Arkansas, started pro career in New York before being traded to Philly. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rob331 said:

This just strengthens his legacy.  He's completely washed at this point.  All he will do is hurt the Cowboys if he plays.  A sleeper agent.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

Breaking News: professional paid athlete decides to take a job with a new employer after no one else will hire him.

Besides, Peters is from Texas & played HS ball there, college in Arkansas, started pro career in New York before being traded to Philly. 

I imagine any feelings of team/city loyalty for most players went out the door when free agency came in. Celek and Chris Long are two exceptions that come to mind and I'm sure there are others but of the Eagles that have retired or played most of their careers here, I don't think most have stayed in the area once they no longer play for the Eagles.

It’s not just loyalty to the Eagles.

Not just about the money.

Maybe about ego.

He wants to play if he can play.

and getting paid is good too.

4 hours ago, NOTW said:

Exactly, what is he supposed to do? Quit playing because the only team that wants him is the cowboys?

People get mental over this stuff. I was a big Ertz fan but, couldn't tell you a damn thing he has done for the Cardinals since he left. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Exactly, what is he supposed to do? Quit playing because the only team that wants him is the cowboys?

It's not unheard of...

Need another reason to love Brent Celek?

Probably not — the standing ovation he got at the Sixers game in March just hours after being cut by the Eagles gives you a sense of the connection he has with Philadelphia fans.

But appearing Friday on 97.5 The Fanatic, Celek did the one thing guaranteed to get you in any Eagles fan's good graces — diss the Cowboys.

"Hell no. Do you think I would play for the Cowboys? Philly is my home," Celek said. "If they offered me 10 million, I still wouldn't go."

While Celek said back in March before being cut that he wasn't planning to retire, it sounds like his mind has shifted. He has a hard time imagining himself playing anywhere besides Philadelphia.

"I think I'm leaning more toward retirement," Celek said. "I've had a few offers, but none of them are worth leaving a city that I have been in for 11 years where I won the Super Bowl in my final year. It wouldn't feel right to put another uniform on."

Like seeing Brian Dawkins in a Broncos uniform, it would be bizarre to watch Celek suit up for another team. 

If he does find a new home, we know it definitely won't be Dallas. 

You can listen to the full interview with Celek here

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/the700level/brent-celek-would-rather-retire-play-cowboys

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

It's not unheard of...

Lol well Celek was old school. He also wasn't going to get the money a LT would make either. He says he wouldn't for 10 million but that's easy to say when you know you wouldn't get anywhere near that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

People get mental over this stuff. I was a big Ertz fan but, couldn't tell you a damn thing he has done for the Cardinals since he left. 

Wait til they find out the players grew up fans of other teams and didn't bleed green since birth! :lol:

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1