Peters isn't hte guy I thought he was

Rob331

9 minutes ago, CouchKing said:

Peters is not a rookie. They cut a deal based on playing guard. Playing tackle for that money apparently was not the deal. Or apparently their justification for paying him less than he wanted was that he was playing guard.

He was overpaid either way.  He took advantage of the Eagles for their past relationship.  I'll say it one more time.  He was terrible, both at guard and at LT that year.  

charles-barkley.gif

He owes the Eagles money back.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 9/3/2022 at 1:15 PM, Aerolithe_Lion said:

I would happily play for the Dallas cowboys if they paid me a couple million dollars. Whether you have 50m$ or you’re broke, a million dollars is still a million dollars.

Nah- keep your Million.... I would NEVER play for the Cowgirls. 🤣

1 minute ago, Talonblood said:

Nah- keep your Million.... I would NEVER play for the Cowgirls. 🤣

Yeah, but fans aren't players, and players aren't always fans. Can hardly think of any players who really bleed green like any fan. Kelce, though, gets it

• Like 2

Yes, it’s a business, but I was still pissed at the Eagles for not finding a way to let B. Celek get two more receiving yards to make 5000 for his career.

And as for it’s being a business, I actually took a liking to Jerry Glanville when he explained that "NFL” stands for "Not For Long.”

• Like 3

Jason Peters is 105 years old. He's just trying to get some last checks. I can't hate on that he's 107 years old. You guys should have more respect for the man. Jason Peters is 109 years old for Christs sake.

• Haha 6

11 minutes ago, judunno said:

Jason Peters is 105 years old. He's just trying to get some last checks. I can't hate on that he's 107 years old. You guys should have more respect for the man. Jason Peters is 109 years old for Christs sake.

6 more sentences and he'll be over 200 years old!

Any Fing idiot in this threat saying they wouldn’t take 8million or whatever he’s getting to work for the cowboys for three months is a fn liar. 

• Like 1

On 9/3/2022 at 1:03 PM, Bwestbrook36 said:

Put Reddick over him and he will false start like a mofo trying to deal with his speed. 

true , he's had issue with speed rushers the last 4 years

7 hours ago, eagle45 said:

I struggle to think of a more "all about the money” example from any nfl athlete in several years.

With all those holdouts in the NFL, you struggle mighty easily.

Do you think the owners are all about the money too, or is it just Peters?

2 hours ago, kiwinavega said:

Yeah, but fans aren't players, and players aren't always fans. Can hardly think of any players who really bleed green like any fan. Kelce, though, gets it

Actually, it's more like most fans don't get it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Um... yeah, that sort of makes it about the money, doesn't it?

Guess what - for practically every player, money is a very very important factor.  But most players, Peters included, also play for the love of the game.  You said "all" about the money, not "about the money" - a player would have to be a friggin' moron if he didn't look out for his finances while he's in the NFL.   I guess you're disappointed that JP isn't a moron.

1 hour ago, Procus said:

With all those holdouts in the NFL, you struggle mighty easily.

Do you think the owners are all about the money too, or is it just Peters?

Actually, it's more like most fans don't get it.

To be perfectly honest, refusing to accept a position promotion without more money…from a team that has basically already been donating to your retirement fund without any production for years….is actually one of the most financially selfish things I’ve ever seen an NFL athlete do.  It goes well beyond holdouts.

He should have retired 3 years ago, but if he can still get people to pay him, then good for him I guess. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dweedlebug said:

He should have retired 3 years ago, but if he can still get people to pay him, then good for him I guess. 

More than anything it speaks to how unicorn this skill set is. The entire CFB program in 12 years cannot supply enough quality players to make him irrelevant?  Fine, earn every penny you can JP. You’ll retire an eagle either way

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, eagle45 said:

To be perfectly honest, refusing to accept a position promotion without more money…from a team that has basically already been donating to your retirement fund without any production for years….is actually one of the most financially selfish things I’ve ever seen an NFL athlete do.  It goes well beyond holdouts.

Here's what your missing - these players are essentially in combat.  They should get whatever they can if you ask me.

3 hours ago, eagle45 said:

So when the Eagles in desperation reached out to him before the 2020 season to come back and they were negotiating his contract, they argued that his market value was lower to them because they needed him to fill in at RG, not LT. The two sides agreed to a fair amount for both parties based on the circumstances. So when the circumstance changed and they needed him to play LT instead, he's supposed to forget that they talked him down during negotiations due to where they intended to play him?

4 hours ago, Procus said:

Here's what your missing - these players are essentially in combat.  They should get whatever they can if you ask me.

They aren’t.  

2 hours ago, brkmsn said:

So when the Eagles in desperation reached out to him before the 2020 season to come back and they were negotiating his contract, they argued that his market value was lower to them because they needed him to fill in at RG, not LT. The two sides agreed to a fair amount for both parties based on the circumstances. So when the circumstance changed and they needed him to play LT instead, he's supposed to forget that they talked him down during negotiations due to where they intended to play him?

So when circumstances change and a starter gets injured, does a backup refuse to go in the game unless he gets more money?

Peters was taking plays off regularly from 2018 and false starting like a m/f er because his reflexes had slowed, Howie gave him another 2 years to half ass it for the money.

The one good thing about him signing for Dallas is that Howie can't sign him again to cover Dillard's arm fracture.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, kiwinavega said:

Brandon Graham, Celek.

• Like 1

If Dallas was smart they'd wait to sign him until after week 1 to avoid guaranteeing his full salary.  

On 9/3/2022 at 11:10 PM, opa-opa said:

Hes got 4 kids to feed.

With his weight up he looks like he ate 4 kids.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, eagle45 said:

They aren’t.  

So when circumstances change and a starter gets injured, does a backup refuse to go in the game unless he gets more money?

It was his own fault (or more exactly his agent) for not foreseeing that as possible and having an escalator clause written in to the contract.

Maybe he just enjoys playing the game. It's not like he forced his way off the Eagles to go play for the cowboys.

1 hour ago, Iggles_Phan said:

It was his own fault (or more exactly his agent) for not foreseeing that as possible and having an escalator clause written in to the contract.

He was already lucky and undeserving to be paid to play football at that point.  Then he got luckier to be asked to play his natural and more premium position out of desperation.

• Like 1

Peters has passed his prime some years back.  It was sad to see him out there getting beat in his last season.  Can't argue about the guy wants to make money.  More importantly, what the Cowboys see in him to spend money signing him?  Has the OT/OL pool shrunk that much now?