Peters isn't hte guy I thought he was

Rob331

I get a kick out of fans who think they have the right to tell a player not to make millions for a season from a team that's willing to sign him.

• Like 1

He damaged his legacy about 4 years ago.  Now all he’s going to do is destroy the Dallas OL.  He’ll help the Eagles more this year than he has since 2017.

• Like 5

18 hours ago, Rob331 said:

He's 40 years old and has earned North of $50 million throughout his career. 

He's been injury prone and arguably out of shape for at least the last 3 years 

He's been a close confidant, friend, and influencer of Jeffrey Lurie.

The Eagles bent over backwards to keep him happy. 

And he's signing with Dallas. 

Talk about damaging a legacy.  

For the players, it is business.

Fans are loyal to teams.

Players are loyal to dollars.

If I were Jason Peters, I would have retired years ago. But perhaps the guy just wants to play football? This could be the last chance he’ll ever get to do that in his life.

23 minutes ago, vaff said:

If I were Jason Peters, I would have retired years ago. But perhaps the guy just wants to play football? This could be the last chance he’ll ever get to do that in his life.

He either lost all his money, just wants more, or just loves football that much and can’t let go of that life.

Either way, he should have moved on several years ago, both for legacy and for health.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

He either lost all his money, just wants more, or just loves football that much and can’t let go of that life.

Either way, he should have moved on several years ago, both for legacy and for health.

It's his life, his health, his career, his finances.  Nobody's place but Peters and his family to make this decision.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, pgcd3 said:

In any case for Dallas if they are going to sign a 40-yr old tackle the Monday of week 1 then things aren't going too well

Yeah, I'll bet they wish they could wait a week, but sucks for them, great for us.

20 hours ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

I would happily play for the Dallas cowboys if they paid me a couple million dollars. Whether you have 50m$ or you’re broke, a million dollars is still a million dollars.

I had issue with Peters when he demanded more money to switch positions. 

I have no issue with Peters taking the only offer he has if he still want to play, particularly as he is more likely to be a hindrance than a help to the Cowboys.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, DeathByEagle said:

You didnt get that last year after he asked for a 2mill raise to move from LG to LT? He was a great Eagle player but he never cared about Philly, its all about the $$$ to him. That is why he should never have his number retired as an Eagle. 

That's how the Eagles got him in the first place.   His beef with the Bills was money.   Great player once upon a time.  But, for him it was all about the money.  That's fine.  Best wishes for him in the future.  His best days on the football field are way behind him now though.  I think 2018 was basically the last time he was anything close to what he had been.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Procus said:

It's his life, his health, his career, his finances.  Nobody's place but Peters and his family to make this decision.

Well also the place of the teams that stupifyingly continue to sign him despite the fact they’d do better with a priority rookie udfa.

1 hour ago, Iggles_Phan said:

That's how the Eagles got him in the first place.   His beef with the Bills was money.   Great player once upon a time.  But, for him it was all about the money.  That's fine.  Best wishes for him in the future.  His best days on the football field are way behind him now though.  I think 2018 was basically the last time he was anything close to what he had been.

That is so untrue.  Yes, Peters wanted to get paid.  But he was a great player and teammate while he was here.  Why should he have stayed with the Bills for less money than he was worth?  It was never "all" about the money.

I definitely don’t expect Peters to not take the $$$ and not play for the Cowboys simply because we don’t like them.  

I think he should take more pride in what he does than to take the course he has in the last 4-5 years (injuries, level of play, holding the eagles hostage over changing positions, still hanging on)….but that’s on him and his legacy.  Playing for Dallas isn’t really a big deal.

33 minutes ago, Procus said:

That is so untrue.  Yes, Peters wanted to get paid.  But he was a great player and teammate while he was here.  Why should he have stayed with the Bills for less money than he was worth?  It was never "all" about the money.

He refused to play a different position (his natural position) while under a contract that still didn’t have dry ink, without more money.  

I struggle to think of a more "all about the money” example from any nfl athlete in several years.

• Like 2

They wanted to pay him guard money. So they did and he played guard.

Then they needed him to play tackle. Wait a minute. You don’t pay me tackle money. You’re taking advantage of me.

I understand it.

Just now, CouchKing said:

Then they needed him to play tackle. Wait a minute. You don’t pay me tackle money. You’re taking advantage of me.

I understand it.

Guards switch out to tackle after injuries multiple times per year across the nfl.

• Like 1

He has played football his whole life and can’t imagine going on without it. See to be the only thing that makes sense 

Who cares man if they want to sign a fossil that will break down every other drive let them. Peters still wants to be in the league and they are giving him a shot.

Peters is not the same player he once was.   But, I think he started 15 games for the Bears last year and was the 21st rated tackle in the NFL.   That is still probably better than any replacement the Cowboys  currently have a LT.

It will be sad seeing him play for that abomination of a franchise.

3 hours ago, Procus said:

Um... yeah, that sort of makes it about the money, doesn't it?

3 hours ago, CouchKing said:

I understand it.

Rookie OG Issac Seumalo was bounced out to RT due to injuries... no concern about the money.

BTW... Peters was stealing money from the Eagles that year.  He was terrible.  He owes some of that money back.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Um... yeah, that sort of makes it about the money, doesn't it?

Rookie OG Issac Seumalo was bounced out to RT due to injuries... no concern about the money.

BTW... Peters was stealing money from the Eagles that year.  He was terrible.  He owes some of that money back.  

Peters is not a rookie. They cut a deal based on playing guard. Playing tackle for that money apparently was not the deal. Or apparently their justification for paying him less than he wanted was that he was playing guard.