Peters isn't hte guy I thought he was

Rob331

2 hours ago, eagle45 said:

If Lane Johnson went down tomorrow, the Eagles pegged Seumalo as the RT replacement for the year, and he refused to do it without a pay bump…then got the bump, played like hot garbage, and almost immediately went to IR…he’d be hated forever.

Jalen Mills was signed to play safety for a year.  He ended up back at cb due to injuries.  What if he refused to do it without a pay raise?  His name would be dirt.

The difference I think is that Seumalo at RT or Mills at CB were never All-Pro and Pro Bowl at those positions. Peters had demonstrated in the past that he was capable of playing LT at a high level. Seumalo and Mill never did at those positions.

People said this same stupid crap about Dawkins. Now he’s retired and isn’t he eagles HOF, 20 is retired; and his children have an extra 20 mil in family wealth. It’s a business. Even if you bleed green 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, eglz1 said:

The difference I think is that Seumalo at RT or Mills at CB were never All-Pro and Pro Bowl at those positions. Peters had demonstrated in the past that he was capable of playing LT at a high level. Seumalo and Mill never did at those positions.

They also were/are far better at their positions than Peters was in 2020.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, eagle45 said:

They also were/are far better at their positions than Peters was in 2020.  

In 2020? Sure. But 2020 was an outlier in many different ways. Peters did pretty well in Chicago by most accounts.

11 minutes ago, eglz1 said:

In 2020? Sure. But 2020 was an outlier in many different ways. Peters did pretty well in Chicago by most accounts.

On the worst OL in the NFL.   And he was so great, no one else wanted to sign him... and even Dallas put him on the PS, not the roster.

1 minute ago, Iggles_Phan said:

On the worst OL in the NFL.   And he was so great, no one else wanted to sign him... and even Dallas put him on the PS, not the roster.

Is his season's salary guaranteed if he spends the first week on the practice squad? I don't know. It's going to take a little while for him to get up to speed no matter where he signed.

Just now, eglz1 said:

Is his season's salary guaranteed if he spends the first week on the practice squad? I don't know. It's going to take a little while for him to get up to speed no matter where he signed.

It is not guaranteed.  But, again, if Dallas isn't willing to guarantee his salary, how important is having him around to them?  Seems they aren't overly worried about ensuring they have him.   Not exactly a valued LT anymore in the eyes of the league.

It stings, I won’t lie. But I don’t dislike him or anything for it, get your money while you can. He already hurt his legacy as an Eagle those last few years anyways. I don’t expect him to be a difference maker for Dallas  

3 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

So he's on their practice squad? Unless he feels pretty sure of getting to the 53, is it worth going to a practice squad? 

It's likely a move to get him in the building and working, but since he won't likely be on their active roster week 1, his salary for the season won't be guaranteed.

Just to summarize:

#1. I don’t care if a former eagle great signs with Dallas, nor do I care about Dallas; it’s a business.  They can rave about how incredible the franchise is for all I care.

#2. While I don’t like it and this has already been debated to death, there is a precedent for players holding out when they have played 1+ years of a contract and feel they have outplayed it.  There is also a precedent for players holding out in the last year in hopes of a new deal.  Peters already did this one to the Bills.

#3.  There is a precedent for players holding out or demanding trades after a demotion.

#4. There is a precedent for players being angry for being franchise tagged at a less lucrative position.

#5.  There is no precedent for a player signing a contract…regular season of that contract hasn’t started yet.  And the player refuses a promotion to a more important role without more money.  It is unprecedented.  That is bending your own team over the barrel in a moment of desperation.    And he’s damn lucky that Howie swallowed his pride and spewed all that bs to make the controversy die.

3 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

#5.  There is no precedent for a player signing a contract…regular season of that contract hasn’t started yet.  And the player refuses a promotion to a more important role without more money.  It is unprecedented.  That is bending your own team over the barrel in a moment of desperation.    And he’s damn lucky that Howie swallowed his pride and spewed all that bs to make the controversy die.

12 hours ago, time2rock said:

If Dallas was smart they'd wait to sign him until after week 1 to avoid guaranteeing his full salary.  

Signed him the practice squad which accomplishes the same thing

7 hours ago, Portyansky said:

😭😭😭

IMG-20220905-WA0000.jpg

One word comes to mind....
PATHETIC

He will get hurt right off the bat.  He is just stealing more $$, like he did his last few years with the Eagles. I liked him when he was a real player, and not a thief. 

2 hours ago, Talonblood said:

One word comes to mind....
PATHETIC

He will get hurt right off the bat.  He is just stealing more $$, like he did his last few years with the Eagles. I liked him when he was a real player, and not a thief. 

At least it's the Cows $. I'm sure he had a huge part in the development of Mailata. Which was worth it... Hope he comes back as a coach for us.

• Like 1

Couldn't care less. He's sucked for at least the last 3 years. He'll be abused by DE's all season until he's injured of course which is also a foregone conclusion.

7 hours ago, JP HOF said:

I have no issue with JP doing what he has to to prolong his career. he will go in the HOF as an Eagle.

Not how it works. They list list all the teams they played for. 

23 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Not how it works. They list list all the teams they played for. 

You would think people knew this by now

44 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

You would think people knew this by now

Maybe next year lol. 

We really need to let this go. There are people taking personal shots on him, like its your dad suddenly rooting for the Cowboys.  I'm bummed too he signed with the Coyboys, but like mentioned on the first page, I'd sign with them too if they cut me a big enough check.  All that mattered to me is that he balled hard for this city.  I bleed green too, but that green doesn't pay for groceries. 

• Sad 1

Other than T.O. has there been a really productive player from either the cowboys or eagles and played all that great? It did seem like JP was kept here a couple years too long. I think the cowpokes are just hoping to get average play if they need to put him in at this point.  If you looked at their message boards a lot of their fans think they are getting all-pro/pro-bowl Jason Peters.