Peters isn't hte guy I thought he was

Rob331

On Tuesday after the first game claim Jason Peters off of the Cowboys practice squad. 

Several birds with one stone - replacement for Dillard, denies the Cowboys any advantage they get from Peters, don't have to pay Peters for the whole year. 

The thing that could prevent this is that Peters might have a compensations deal that requires him to reject other teams' claims 

50 minutes ago, Rob331 said:

On Tuesday after the first game claim Jason Peters off of the Cowboys practice squad. 

Several birds with one stone - replacement for Dillard, denies the Cowboys any advantage they get from Peters, don't have to pay Peters for the whole year. 

The thing that could prevent this is that Peters might have a compensations deal that requires him to reject other teams' claims 

No! 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

"Can be signed" is not the same thing as "can be claimed". You can sign a player off another team's practice squad...IF the guy agrees to it. When you claim someone, he is forced to join your team. 

Like I said, the Eagles could not "claim" Peters, as in, force him to join our team. Not that we'd want to anyway since it would be silly.

39 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

No! 

Why not? Anything that screws the 'Boys works for me. 

You can claim Jason Peters, but you must drop Ian Book.

Only one pet project at a time on the active roster.

Those are the rules.

37 minutes ago, Rob331 said:

Yeah I'm not giving up a roster spot for a 40 yr old LT just so he doesn't play for a team that doesn't win sheet anyways. Move on 

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Rob331 said:

KekzimlYjn4vS.gif

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Rob331 said:

Letting him play for the Boys likely screws them worse.    Peters is washed.  

• Like 3

Jason Peters, old, washed up and past his prime still brings technical knowledge and a veteran presence to the locker room. Guy loves football and wants to teach and play as long as he can. Can't fault him for that.

I hate Dallas as much as the next guy but separating my love for the eagles why not run a year in Dallas, near his hometown under one of the most prolific and richest organizations of all time. 2 weeks ago some of you would run in front of a speeding train to get Peters autograph now your writing him off..gotta love Philly fans 🤣

• Like 1

He's been done for like 4years now.  It shouldnt really where he signs. Its not like the eagles drafted him and he left at like the prime of his career. Its a desperation move by them cowgirls. I love it. 

On 9/3/2022 at 1:04 PM, pgcd3 said:

There's like 110% chance he ends the season on IR so hopefully he gets enough to impact their cap

There's like 110% chance he ends the FIRST GAME on IR so hopefully he gets enough to impact their cap

**fixed**

He did us a favor by taking up a roster spot on the cowgirlz. Rejoice.

2 hours ago, CheesesteakNBeer said:

Jason Peters, old, washed up and past his prime still brings technical knowledge and a veteran presence to the locker room. Guy loves football and wants to teach and play as long as he can. Can't fault him for that.

I hate Dallas as much as the next guy but separating my love for the eagles why not run a year in Dallas, near his hometown under one of the most prolific and richest organizations of all time. 2 weeks ago some of you would run in front of a speeding train to get Peters autograph now your writing him off..gotta love Philly fans 🤣

We wrote him off years ago. I'll always respect the guy and appreciate his time here, but he needed to retire 4 years ago. I wouldn't want him here unless it was in a coaching capacity. 

• Like 1

As I said before, Peters is no longer the guy he used to be, but he is a capable, solid starter even at his current age. The cowboys want to prevent this from happening again:

On 9/6/2022 at 12:57 PM, Ace Nova said:

"Love at first sight". Was that Jerry Jones or Jerry Jones' checkbook?

On 9/6/2022 at 1:02 PM, SkippyX said:

He has to agree to it. Peters and Cowboys have a deal in place for when he comes up off the squad, so we’d have to outbid that. For what?

JP to the Eagles? Any truth to this rumor/idea?

If Dillard is on IR, do we get to use his money?

6 minutes ago, CouchKing said:

JP to the Eagles? Any truth to this rumor/idea?

If Dillard is on IR, do we get to use his money?

No, No, and No.

• Like 1

On 9/3/2022 at 1:15 PM, Aerolithe_Lion said:

I would happily play for the Dallas cowboys if they paid me a couple million dollars. Whether you have 50m$ or you’re broke, a million dollars is still a million dollars.

Jerry’s like 79.  Taking that much money from old people like that when you know you’re just going to get injured could be seen as elder abuse.  Not sure id do that for millions