Sacks

bigdog54

5 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Question: How to fix the lack of sacks for the Eagles? 
Answer: play Wentz

FYP

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

FYP

I didn’t want to write that, because I know how upset certain people get when I discuss that guy. 😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, brkmsn said:

Graham and Cox looking good right now BUT, I am a little skeptical considering what team the breakout game came against. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Graham and Cox looking good right now BUT, I am a little skeptical considering what team the breakout game came against. :rolleyes:

Lawrence has been sacked twice through 3 games.  Be interesting to see if last game is an anomaly or a trend.

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

The thing is, that's always going to happen. All teams create mismatches in games. Every player or team that has sack records (or any statistical record for that matter) benefitted by playing  some inferior opponents. I know you don't give much weight to PFF or ESPN ratings, but we always have defensive linemen that are near the top in pass rush win rates. Most teams pay attention to this, study film and devise plans to counter it against us. You saw Goff get rid of the ball under 2.5 seconds on almost every pass against us. It's the best plan. We know that strategy doesn't suit Wentz' preferred style and washington was stupid for continually playing Wentzball. It will be interesting to see how the WFTRC+ play on offense in our next meeting. 

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

Lawrence has been sacked twice through 3 games.  Be interesting to see if last game is an anomaly or a trend.

I'm pretty sure 9 sacks is an anomaly. Pederson isn't going to let Lawrence sit back there and wait to get sacked. 

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

I watched the jags game on Sunday. Doug uses a balanced attack with quick passes to help Lawrence out. Very QB friendly. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, brkmsn said:

The thing is, that's always going to happen. All teams create mismatches in games. Every player or team that has sack records (or any statistical record for that matter) benefitted by playing  some inferior opponents. I know you don't give much weight to PFF or ESPN ratings, but we always have defensive linemen that are near the top in pass rush win rates. Most teams pay attention to this, study film and devise plans to counter it against us. You saw Goff get rid of the ball under 2.5 seconds on almost every pass against us. It's the best plan. We know that strategy doesn't suit Wentz' preferred style and washington was stupid for continually playing Wentzball. It will be interesting to see how the WFTRC+ play on offense in our next meeting. 

The Eagles we’re getting pressure with their front four against Washington and because of it they didn’t have to blitz nearly as often as they did against Minny and Detroit. If they can get home with four again that’s great, but I’m not counting on that. Washing is some clear extenuating circumstances. They knew the tendencies of Wentz, and the Commander’s line was suspect. The coordinator kept calling seven step drops basically putting Wentz right in the lap of the defenders. I don’t think Doug is going to do what Rivera’s team did. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/11/2022 at 9:29 PM, bigdog54 said:

I’m watching these games and seeing all these other defenses getting pressure and sacks and I’m wondering what are these things? They seem like a rare disease for our eagles defense. 

They're 2nd in the league in sacks with 16.

It's almost like the 1st game doesn't dictate the entire season. 

Screenshot_20221007_210338.jpg

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, NOTW said:

They're 2nd in the league in sacks with 16.

It's almost like the 1st game doesn't dictate the entire season. 

Screenshot_20221007_210338.jpg

Or the preseason lol

• 2 months later...

How it started:

On 9/11/2022 at 9:29 PM, bigdog54 said:

I’m watching these games and seeing all these other defenses getting pressure and sacks and I’m wondering what are these things? They seem like a rare disease for our eagles defense. 

How it's going:

• Like 5

Eagles are also leading the league in Interceptions at 15.  1st in yards against, 1st in yards per attempt, 5th in opposing QB completion %, 10th in opponents scoring TDs.

• Like 1

On 9/11/2022 at 10:29 PM, bigdog54 said:

Hasson Reddick is 10th in sacks with 10.

Brandon Graham is 14th in sacks with 8.5.

Javon Hargrave is 20th in sacks with 8.

Josh Sweat is 25th in sacks with 7.5.

Fletcher Cox has 6 sacks, TJ Edwards has 2 (tied with Kayvon Thibodeaux rookie from NY Giants), CJ Gardner-Johnson not only leads the NFL in INT with 6 for several weeks despite being on IR but also has 1 sack * he also has 60 tackles!

I am sure I forgot some people but the Eagles lead the NFL in INTs with 15,  and according to statmuse lead the NFL in sacks with 49 overall Dallas has 48 this season.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NOTW said:

Eagles are also leading the league in Interceptions at 15.  1st in yards against, 1st in yards per attempt, 5th in opposing QB completion %, 10th in opponents scoring TDs.

Gannon still has gots to go this season!!

1 hour ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Gannon still has gots to go this season!!

I feel that is a bit of a knee jerk reaction, because he is still producing on Defense at a high level. The tough measurement is with the amount of excellent talent on Defense could another DC do better with the same roster.

The lack of aggressive blitzes that we as Eagles fans are used to doesn't occur under JG causing us tons of frustration but in the end the Eagles are winning and the Defense is a big part of that success.

At this point the Eagles have clinched a playoff birth, and much like preseason you don't show all your cards during regular season.
let's see how the season finishes first before discussing things like who should get fired, because I promise you if the Eagles dominate teams in the playoffs and the Super Bowl nobody will even consider firing any of the coaches (mainly due to other teams trying to hire them).

• Like 1

I still hate gannons soft coverage scheme, but you can't deny that something is working. Helps when you have very good players 

As my boy haason says, the key was stopping the run. Once we did that its enabled the pass rushers to feast

12 hours ago, JournalistMic said:

Fletcher Cox has 6 sacks, TJ Edwards has 2 (tied with Kayvon Thibodeaux rookie from NY Giants), CJ Gardner-Johnson not only leads the NFL in INT with 6 for several weeks despite being on IR but also has 1 sack * he also has 60 tackles!

I am sure I forgot some people but the Eagles lead the NFL in INTs with 15,  and according to statmuse lead the NFL in sacks with 49 overall Dallas has 48 this season.

Reddick would have a few more even but other guys got there first after he forced the QB to step up in the pocket. Dude has been great 

• Like 1

I'm sure it's helping that we have a great offense that keeps the d off the field and they don't get as worn out as games go on... We have an awesome team 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Aspiritfall said:

I'm sure it's helping that we have a great offense that keeps the d off the field and they don't get as worn out as games go on... We have an awesome team 

And the depth... I mean I know he's just returning from injury but our first round pick is currently the #5 DT.

On 12/13/2022 at 7:00 PM, JournalistMic said:

This team could have 5 players with double digit sacks. Of course there is also a chance all of these guys get shut down in three weeks for the playoffs too. 😂

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

And the depth... I mean I know he's just returning from injury but our first round pick is currently the #5 DT.

Once we get Goedert and CJGJ back I just don't see any teams in the league that are even as close to as complete a team as the Eagles are 

• Like 1