Sacks

bigdog54

31 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I don’t think pressures have a lot of value if the line isn’t hitting the quarterback at all. Even if the line isn’t getting sacks they better be getting QB hits. If a team is getting pressure, but aren’t hitting the quarterback then it’s going to be a long day for that defense. 

What even counts as a pressure anyways? I'm almost positive on screen plays when the oline basically lets the dline through counts as a pressure. I could be wrong on that. Also isn't hurries a whole different category? Either way a sack is a negative final outcome no matter how they want to spin it. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

This is why I can’t stand PFF, because they make me have to go negative against players I actually like, but what in the world are they watching? How is Graham ranked so high and Reddick so low? Are they actually punishing Haasan because he’s getting more sacks than pressurezzzz? Dude has been balling out this year and they’re acting like he’s lower tier. PFF is garbage. 

https://www.phillyvoice.com/eagles-news-pff-grades-rankings-jalen-hurts-quarterback-mvp-race-aj-brown-brandon-graham-nfl-analysis/amp/

30D75DE2-02F8-4BBA-B353-FB630DF511AB.jpeg

Well, Graham isn’t playing a lot of snaps, and he has like 8.5 sacks. He only played 16 snaps yesterday.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Do we now have 3 players with double digit sacks on the year? Reddick does, I'm sure Sweat now does and I think Hargrave does too? Plus BG is very close, Cox has a chance to get near 10 (though he won't get there).

Close. Sweat is .5 a sack away

09EA2A54-EFE4-42A1-A3CB-42BC4CF00194.jpeg

• Thanks 1

To have 4 players in the top 20 sack leaders is quite frankly, ridiculous. 

there’s no other team with 2 players let alone 4! 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, rrfierce said:

To have 4 players in the top 20 sack leaders is quite frankly, ridiculous. 

there’s no other team with 2 players let alone 4! 

Sustainability is the key here. Getting pressure and subsequent sacks has been a challenge for at least the last 5 years (2nd worst last year). I really need to see this team perform in the top 10 in this area going forward. That is my expectation, I am speaking it into existence 😉

22 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Would be great to have Sweat and BG get there. 

Sweat will. BG will fall short again

No team has ever had 4 players with 10 sacks since Sacks began being recorded, even 3 is pretty rare, we haven't done it since Reggie and Jerome were playing. If this line manages it it will make them elite by definition, all timer elite.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, vaff said:

Well, Graham isn’t playing a lot of snaps, and he has like 8.5 sacks. He only played 16 snaps yesterday.

I think BG is playing some outstanding football right now for sure, but he’s ranked second and Reddick 23rd? Sorry I don’t see that.

3 hours ago, Godfather said:

Sweat will. BG will fall short again

You're probably right because realistically he's not got many games left this year. He will play Saturday and then depending on that result he will probably be quite limited after that. 

2 hours ago, NOTW said:

Thirty sacks on 3rd down is big time football. I’ll take that over pressures any day. 😂

• Like 2

I feel fairly confident that both Sweat and BG can reach 10 + each in sacks and this team will be the first to ever have 4 players record 10 sacks each.

1 hour ago, PhillyDan1969 said:

I feel fairly confident that both Sweat and BG can reach 10 + each in sacks and this team will be the first to ever have 4 players record 10 sacks each.

That's wild considering the defense Buddy Ryan had.

• Like 2

On 12/19/2022 at 4:55 AM, Bwestbrook36 said:

What even counts as a pressure anyways? I'm almost positive on screen plays when the oline basically lets the dline through counts as a pressure. I could be wrong on that. Also isn't hurries a whole different category? Either way a sack is a negative final outcome no matter how they want to spin it. 

I agree. I think it's situational when it comes to hurries, hits, or pressure. A QB can be blitzed or "hurried" and still get the pass off for a nice gain or TD. If it's the latter, does the defenders still get the credit for a good play? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NOTW said:

It is amazing

On 12/19/2022 at 5:55 AM, Bwestbrook36 said:

3 hours ago, Heavywchamp said:

I agree. I think it's situational when it comes to hurries, hits, or pressure. A QB can be blitzed or "hurried" and still get the pass off for a nice gain or TD. If it's the latter, does the defenders still get the credit for a good play? 

Overall pressures are a subjective stat. They aren’t good or bad really. They’re just a play. It’s just been overvalued by those in the analytics parts of football. I have made many of the same arguments. It’s now cool to downplay sacks, but I don’t think people realize how disruptive they can be to an offense. Basically inserting Reddick into this defense and the pressure he provides has helped changed this entire system and group. 

9 hours ago, NOTW said:

True, but offenses ran the ball a lot more back then. 

33 minutes ago, nipples said:

True, but offenses ran the ball a lot more back then. 

Defensive lineman also played the entire game back then.

On 12/20/2022 at 8:24 PM, PhillyDan1969 said:

They may not be playing much if we clinch though.

Eagles currently are 1st in Team sacks with 61 (Dallas Cowboys are in 3rd with 49), and 2nd place is NE Patriots with 50)!

Eagles are also 2nd in INTs with 16! 3rd in INT TD with 2.   Eagles  are 1st in allowed passing yards on Defense with 2,718! 

image.png.ebcba5feb72911545d3b72f69cc2de4e.png

The Chicago Bears have the most sacks by a team in a season, with 72 sacks in 1984.

If the Eagles get 6 sacks each game in the next two games they beat the Bears record!

The Eagles currently average 4 sacks a game, so they would have to really want it.

6 hours ago, JournalistMic said:

The Chicago Bears have the most sacks by a team in a season, with 72 sacks in 1984.

If the Eagles get 6 sacks each game in the next two games they beat the Bears record!

The Eagles currently average 4 sacks a game, so they would have to really want it.

Damn 72 sacks, that Bear D mustve been something real special..

If I remember correctly the Bears never had any Dlineman like JB, Reggie, Clyde etc  in 84

• Thanks 1