Sacks

bigdog54

23 hours ago, JournalistMic said:

I feel that is a bit of a knee jerk reaction, because he is still producing on Defense at a high level. The tough measurement is with the amount of excellent talent on Defense could another DC do better with the same roster.

The lack of aggressive blitzes that we as Eagles fans are used to doesn't occur under JG causing us tons of frustration but in the end the Eagles are winning and the Defense is a big part of that success.

At this point the Eagles have clinched a playoff birth, and much like preseason you don't show all your cards during regular season.
let's see how the season finishes first before discussing things like who should get fired, because I promise you if the Eagles dominate teams in the playoffs and the Super Bowl nobody will even consider firing any of the coaches (mainly due to other teams trying to hire them).

Sarcasm my friend, I'm one of the few that actually defend Gannon 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Aspiritfall said:

Once we get Goedert and CJGJ back I just don't see any teams in the league that are even as close to as complete a team as the Eagles are 

I would agree with that. At this point, still nearly a quarter of the season to go, we are the best team in football.

• Like 1

It is amazing what having actual NFL level linebackers and a secondary that can keep receivers covered does for a pass rush.

• Like 2

On 12/14/2022 at 7:28 AM, nipples said:

Reddick would have a few more even but other guys got there first after he forced the QB to step up in the pocket. Dude has been great 

He has been a great addition, and GM Howie is having the best year of his life. Do they give awards for the best GM? If so, he's a lock.

21 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

This team could have 5 players with double digit sacks. Of course there is also a chance all of these guys get shut down in three weeks for the playoffs too. 😂

True, better to keep them healthy than to gather stats. Cowboys do that (ref. last season when they had all their starters in against the Eagles despite the Eagles benching Jalen Hurts and others to rest for the playoffs). The Cowboys lost their first game they were expected to win.

21 hours ago, Aspiritfall said:

Once we get Goedert and CJGJ back I just don't see any teams in the league that are even as close to as complete a team as the Eagles are 

Dallas Goedert is off of IR and could possibly play against the Chicago Bears this Sunday.

The Chicago Bears are the worst passing team in the NFL, so should be a great week for getting more sacks.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JournalistMic said:

The Chicago Bears are the worst passing team in the NFL, so should be a great week for getting more sacks.

Would be nice to get BG and Sweat in to double figures hey!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, JournalistMic said:

He has been a great addition, and GM Howie is having the best year of his life. Do they give awards for the best GM? If so, he's a lock.

Executive of the year, yes. He won it once before (Super bowl season I believe). Should be the no contest winner this year. 

• Thanks 2

I don't understand all the hate directed by some in the media towards DT Fletcher Cox. He currently has six sacks which is his average for his career per season.

I mean the man is in his tenth year in the NFL and still plays at a very high level especially when it matters the most in clutch times.

image.thumb.png.6cf6303aec1657cd1fe26c6a3ebfc34e.png

On 12/17/2022 at 10:23 AM, JournalistMic said:

I don't understand all the hate directed by some in the media towards DT Fletcher Cox. He currently has six sacks which is his average for his career per season.

I mean the man is in his tenth year in the NFL and still plays at a very high level especially when it matters the most in clutch times.

image.thumb.png.6cf6303aec1657cd1fe26c6a3ebfc34e.png

Sacks aren't everything but he's not been anything close to bad.

He just isn't the dominating player he once was. Dude used to pop off screen every screen but he is still a good player.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kiwieagle said:

Sacks aren't everything but he's not been anything close to bad.

He just isn't the dominating player he once was. Dude used to pop off screen every screen but he is still a good player.

I agree to a point. Due to the lack of rotation showing dividends, Cox last year and earlier this year had to play more snaps that made him ineffective. There have been several visible plays where Cox is in the direct area of a ball carrier and does not hustle to make a tackle. When he has been overused (like any DT), his play level deteriorates precipitously. Once the reinforcements showed and he isn't playing a high snap count he shows he's still good for the defense.

• Like 1

On 12/15/2022 at 4:56 PM, JournalistMic said:

Sporting News NFL Executive of the Year Award

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Big___Al said:

Sporting News NFL Executive of the Year Award

Seems like it.  Between #7, #11, #23, #24, etc, all these guys can ball and have taken us to a new level.  And we had a bunch of good players to begin with.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Miami said:

Seems like it.  Between #7, #11, #23, #24, etc, all these guys can ball and have taken us to a new level.  And we had a bunch of good players to begin with.

Do we now have 3 players with double digit sacks on the year? Reddick does, I'm sure Sweat now does and I think Hargrave does too? Plus BG is very close, Cox has a chance to get near 10 (though he won't get there).

This is why I can’t stand PFF, because they make me have to go negative against players I actually like, but what in the world are they watching? How is Graham ranked so high and Reddick so low? Are they actually punishing Haasan because he’s getting more sacks than pressurezzzz? Dude has been balling out this year and they’re acting like he’s lower tier. PFF is garbage. 

https://www.phillyvoice.com/eagles-news-pff-grades-rankings-jalen-hurts-quarterback-mvp-race-aj-brown-brandon-graham-nfl-analysis/amp/

30D75DE2-02F8-4BBA-B353-FB630DF511AB.jpeg

I’m also sick of this lack of respect for sacks. Take this game where the Eagles pressured Fields out of the pocket and he threw to a wide open guy downfield for a touchdown. Is that pressure greater than those third down sacks that led to punts? Sorry don’t think so. 

49 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I’m also sick of this lack of respect for sacks. Take this game where the Eagles pressured Fields out of the pocket and he threw to a wide open guy downfield for a touchdown. Is that pressure greater than those third down sacks that led to punts? Sorry don’t think so. 

Pressure is fine when it impacts the throw but otherwise it is rather pointless. And a sack is great when you ultimately force a team off the field. 

23 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Pressure is fine when it impacts the throw but otherwise it is rather pointless. And a sack is great when you ultimately force a team off the field. 

Sacks lead to at worse a loss of yards and a loss of a down. Pressures could lead to a variety of outcomes many are more positive than negative yet I see so many people saying and writing that sacks are overrated. 😂

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Sacks lead to at worse a loss of yards and a loss of a down. Pressures could lead to a variety of outcomes many are more positive than negative yet I see so many people saying and writing that sacks are overrated. 😂

Oh I'm agreeing with you bud I really am. I'm just saying both can have an impact. Sacks are, in my opinion, more valuable but both can have a great impact depending on the outcome.

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Oh I'm agreeing with you bud I really am. I'm just saying both can have an impact. Sacks are, in my opinion, more valuable but both can have a great impact depending on the outcome.

I don’t think pressures have a lot of value if the line isn’t hitting the quarterback at all. Even if the line isn’t getting sacks they better be getting QB hits. If a team is getting pressure, but aren’t hitting the quarterback then it’s going to be a long day for that defense. 

• Like 1