Is it Time to Visit the Wentz and the Commanders Topic?

EazyEaglez

1 minute ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I don't know man, my arm isn't as good as it once was lol. Im ok with him only getting the one passing touchdown last night. Hurts was on point with his throws the whole game unfortunately they seem content on only calling run plays in the red zone. Not sure if it's cause they don't trust hurts in the red zone throwing or they don't feel the need too since they score with ease running 

I turned that game off satisfied and optimistic for the next few weeks. I'm not even expecting a stinker at this point because the offense is simple enough. No negative plays, protect the ball, distribute. I doubt we see such a soft zone again, but can't deny it was dissected last night and last night is all that matters today. 

• Like 1

When it comes to playoffs, divisional games are a big tiebreaker.  And then conference games.  Beating the foreskins would put the eagles at 1-0 in division games and 3-0 in conference games.

Despite all the comments, Wentz has played well for washington, but his offensive line has weaknesses.  And their defense has struggled this year.  

I don't see any letdown by the eagles this week....beating the Vikings like they did really builds confidence.  But divisional games are always unpredictable....so they could find themselves in a tight game.......but I doubt it.

Eagles 38  foreskins 17

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

Nope or Jalen would have 1, but thanks for playing

DOH!  Oh shoot, didn't realize he only had 1 passing TD ... thanks for the correction.  Early morning after late night.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, time2rock said:

DOH!  Oh shoot, didn't realize he only had 1 passing TD ... thanks for the correction.  Early morning after late night.  

All good dude.  I'm keeping total TDS because of how many QBs just passing would bring down. If Lamar and Allen get to count them, so can Jalen, even though the ratio is reversed. Still want to see 25+ passing TDS by the end of the year

• Like 2

Can't wait till Sunday when the Eagles go 3-0 to start the season.

Oh, and Wentz sucks. 

:Eagle_smiley:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

All good dude.  I'm keeping total TDS because of how many QBs just passing would bring down. If Lamar and Allen get to count them, so can Jalen, even though the ratio is reversed. Still want to see 25+ passing TDS by the end of the year

Same.  And to bring up that completion% to 65-66% (from 61.3% last year).  Too early in the season to make any kind of evaluation on that but tracking over the course of the season, last night's game brought that stat up to 69.8%.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, time2rock said:

Same.  And to bring up that completion% to 65-66% (from 61.3% last year).  Too early in the season to make any kind of evaluation on that but tracking over the course of the season, last night's game brought that stat up to 69.8%.  

He keeps up his yards per attempt 64 would be enough

Just now, time2rock said:

I'm not fixated on TD passes. If Hurts can run it in from the 3 a lot that's ok if it's a high % conversion.  I'd like to see him eclipse 4000 passing yards. That's the stat I'm looking at with completion %

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pgcd3 said:

I'm not fixated on TD passes. If Hurts can run it in from the 3 a lot that's ok if it's a high % conversion.  I'd like to see him eclipse 4000 passing yards. That's the stat I'm looking at with completion %

It's how Lamar does it. Higher completion percentage and convert in the red zone

• Like 1

This week I will be banned from extremeskinz for the 7th time if it’s still up. I’ll start tomorrow 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Shalodeep said:

If tracking total yards ... 

Hurts.jpg.b11321fd6314629bb8ac8229d45e1542.jpg

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, time2rock said:

If tracking total yards ... 

Hurts.jpg.b11321fd6314629bb8ac8229d45e1542.jpg

I should add total yards. I was focusing on passing yards because he's actually top ten. Was monitoring his growth as a passer in that aspect 

• Like 2

Wentz haters still hanging onto feelings about him can let it all out this week.  He'll get booed out of the stadium when they play in Philly.

I hope he plays awful and the Eagles win.  

p48uldt.jpg

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Wentz haters still hanging onto feelings about him can let it all out this week.  He'll get booed out of the stadium when they play in Philly.

p48uldt.jpg

How they treated reagor, him visiting will probably be a blood bath every year 

9 minutes ago, NOTW said:

p48uldt.jpg

I don't expect it to happen but there's the chance he pulls a Jackson and does great against us

But I don't think that'll happen

58 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

How they treated reagor, him visiting will probably be a blood bath every year 

I can understand the Wentz boos but Reagor. Neither one of these guys had any ill will towards the team or fans. They just didn't work out and needed to go. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Wentz is a better QB than Goff and Cousins.  We should still win this game, and it could be a lopsided score, but if I were a GM and had to choose between these 3, I’d take Wentz.  I’m not sure it’s even close.  

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Heavywchamp said:

I can understand the Wentz boos but Reagor. Neither one of these guys had any ill will towards the team or fans. They just didn't work out and needed to go. 

Reagor was boo'd because he said he "had revenge on his mind".  It's the Eagles that should be looking for revenge for blowing a 1st round pick on him.

This game might be more interesting than it should be.  I think Wentz might keep them in it.  He has better receivers than he's ever had, perhaps excluding 2017.  McLaurin is still a stud.  Unfortunately for them their offensive line was bad already and they just lost their starting center for the season, so protection is a concern.  Still, Wentz looked pretty locked in in the 2nd half of the game against the Lions.  He's also said he was upset with how things ended in Philly, so Wentz might be pretty pumped up for this game.   

Still, I'd love for Slay to pick him off a few times and for Hurts & co to hang 40 on their terrible defense.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Shalodeep said:

That's why my signature is staying up to date. Think of it like a scoreboard. I know it's only week two, but this game he showed his ceiling the first half. I don't even mind the second half with no score because he had them figured out at that point and kept the clock moving. Definitely an A level game and I've never been a Hurts guy. I'm curious of how the records end for lions and Vikings. These could end up being teams that can sneak into the playoffs, or they could have a total of ten wins between them.

I would like to see some of his runs for touchdowns turn into more passing touchdowns. First off his teammates gotta eat too and secondly teams near the goal line will get far more aggressive with him near that end zone. If he really starts to get on a roll and stay consistent then his loss would be a major blow to this offense. I feel like this was the offense Sirianni wanted to run last season, but it was a lot harder to accomplish with a more inexperienced Hurts and a very poor option in Reagor.,

9 minutes ago, JamesK said:

Wentz is a better QB than Goff and Cousins.  We should still win this game, and it could be a lopsided score, but if I were a GM and had to choose between these 3, I’d take Wentz.  I’m not sure it’s even close.  

Hmm - I think it is close. If you believed you could somehow find 2017 Wentz, then yes there wouldn’t be a choice.

But apart from that, they’ve all put up decent stats at times, but have often been ineffective in big games/getting their team to the playoffs.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, JamesK said:

All three guys are prone to mistakes at bad  moments. I don’t think McLaurin is the best opponent for Slay one on one and if the Eagles don’t get to Wentz he’s definitely going to attempt to go deep often. Gannon will need to alternate between coverages and blitzes to try to force Carson into mistakes. I’d say all three of these quarterbacks are middle tier quarterbacks, but last year even these guys would run through his defenses so Wentz shouldn’t be taken lightly. Both teams know what’s at stake here so I think we will see a highly competitive game. I think both quarterbacks will want to prove something. I’m sure they both want to show the other who is best. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Hmm - I think it is close. If you believed you could somehow find 2017 Wentz, then yes there wouldn’t be a choice.

But apart from that, they’ve all put up decent stats at times, but have often been ineffective in big games/getting their team to the playoffs.

Yes, I put all of them in the bottom half or bottom 3rd of NFL QBs, but I still think Wentz is the best QB we will have faced to date.  He could be dangerous and shouldn’t be taken lightly. 

• Like 1