Is it Time to Visit the Wentz and the Commanders Topic?

EazyEaglez

On 9/20/2022 at 2:15 PM, Bwestbrook36 said:

Vikings have been bad since the nfcc game against us. Adding an elite receiver isn't going to change that, I'd say that it's actually making them worse because they were complete dog sheet when cousins didn't have Jefferson to bail him out. That's why I always say I rather have 3 really good receiver than just one great one

They beat us twice since then.

I don't get the Carson hate, honestly. He played at an MVP level for a while, only to be stymied by injury. Yeah, he declined, but he at least deserves some respect on his name. He played a big part in the Eagles securing HFA and the Lombardi

56 minutes ago, kiwinavega said:

I don't get the Carson hate, honestly. He played at an MVP level for a while, only to be stymied by injury. Yeah, he declined, but he at least deserves some respect on his name. He played a big part in the Eagles securing HFA and the Lombardi

It's because he forced his way out of here.  Ran when the going got tough.  

1 hour ago, kiwinavega said:

What the hell does my post have anything to do with Wentz? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

What the hell does my post have anything to do with Wentz? 

I apologise. I made a faux pas - instead of sticking to one post about the Vikings game, then another post about Wentz, I didn't think through the merged post function. I am sorry, and happy to correct the record (if there is such a thing) to say your post didn't mention Wentz at all.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, kiwinavega said:

I apologise. I made a faux pas - instead of sticking to one post about the Vikings game, then another post about Wentz, I didn't think through the merged post function. I am sorry, and happy to correct the record (if there is such a thing) to say your post didn't mention Wentz at all.

It's all good, I was just confused and I hate the QB debates lol. I'm sorry for lashing out

• Like 1

On 9/20/2022 at 1:17 PM, Shalodeep said:

I think Jalen alleviated more than a bit with the quicker releases  this game and not focusing on one guy. Hopefully he continues to progress on those short timing type routes and throws. Next week I'm guessing they will press the receivers and try to disrupt it. AJ will probably get fed a bit due to it 

I’d like to see at least two passing touchdowns this week from Jalen. That’s the next step in the progression. Brown, Smith, and Goedert are going to want to get some tds too.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

I’d like to see at least two passing touchdowns this week from Jalen. That’s the next step in the progression. Brown, Smith, and Goedert are going to want to get some tds too.

Should have the opportunity if the line holds up to take shots down field. The Watkins one was fun to watch, but going back and watching the tape, it was just blown coverage and a simple toss and catch. This week two passing touchdowns would be ideal. Most of us who worry about him making the season can point at him playing power back at the goal line and say "it only takes one shot at the knee." It was fun watching him drag two guys across the line. I'm not even a Hurts fan and was like "check this mfer out" but I remember the same enthusiasm as the rams shredded Wentz career at the goal line. I wouldn't care if it was a screen or shovel pass to get the TD, but the coaches need to do a better job of protecting him from himself. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, kiwinavega said:

95% of the hate is because of the way he cried and forced his way out because he didn’t want to have to actually compete for his job. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Passing TDs will come more when defenses can actually stop Jalen and the RBs from running it in once they get inside the 10. So far they’ve just been able to easily bully their way in when they get close, so there’s been no need to even try throwing down there. 

Teams will eventually load up to stop them from running in, then we’ll see Goedert and Brown start pulling in their share of red zone TDs. 

It doesn't matter how they get in the end zone.......running or passing.  What's important is Hurts recognition and reaction, his ability to keep defenses on their heels and his consistency.  

The eagles have so many weapons and a great offensive line......spreading the ball around, whether passing or running, makes it very difficult for defenses to focus on one aspect and or one player......when the defense is guessing, opportunities pop up....

I don't care how they pile up points......getting 5 rushing TDs or 5 passing TDs......as long as they score and win.

40 minutes ago, birdman#12 said:

It doesn't matter how they get in the end zone.......running or passing.  What's important is Hurts recognition and reaction, his ability to keep defenses on their heels and his consistency.  

The eagles have so many weapons and a great offensive line......spreading the ball around, whether passing or running, makes it very difficult for defenses to focus on one aspect and or one player......when the defense is guessing, opportunities pop up....

I don't care how they pile up points......getting 5 rushing TDs or 5 passing TDs......as long as they score and win.

As a team, absolutely I agree 100%. When discussing QB evaluation for payment and he isn't putting up any traditional QB numbers, you don't hand out a big check. At this moment he is definitely getting the yards, but one passing TD in two games isn't anything special. I think his play so far has been pretty good, up to the point I think he could easily be top 12 if not higher, but QBs need to win it with their arm. So far we have played the whole season with a lead so hard to evaluate. That's a compliment to the team so far. I don't see much changing the next two weeks. Us wanting to see more production in the touchdown department in the air isn't about Ws and Ls but about evaluation. We didn't get a preseason to judge

2 hours ago, nipples said:

Passing TDs will come more when defenses can actually stop Jalen and the RBs from running it in once they get inside the 10. So far they’ve just been able to easily bully their way in when they get close, so there’s been no need to even try throwing down there. 

Teams will eventually load up to stop them from running in, then we’ll see Goedert and Brown start pulling in their share of red zone TDs. 

I know how some of those receivers can be and how quickly things can fall apart. Red zone passing tds for me is the next evolution of Jaken’s game. We have certainly seen he can score in the red zone, but we aren’t getting those passing tds. Just one more thing he needs to show IMO to quiet the doubters some more.

51 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

you would do the same thing if it happened at your cpmpany

If what happened at my company? I'm not a professional athlete.  If you're a professional athlete and you play like complete dogshit for an entire season you're going to get benched and that's on you. 

3 hours ago, Shalodeep said:

Should have the opportunity if the line holds up to take shots down field. The Watkins one was fun to watch, but going back and watching the tape, it was just blown coverage and a simple toss and catch. This week two passing touchdowns would be ideal. Most of us who worry about him making the season can point at him playing power back at the goal line and say "it only takes one shot at the knee." It was fun watching him drag two guys across the line. I'm not even a Hurts fan and was like "check this mfer out" but I remember the same enthusiasm as the rams shredded Wentz career at the goal line. I wouldn't care if it was a screen or shovel pass to get the TD, but the coaches need to do a better job of protecting him from himself. 

The last thing we need is yet another quarterback taken out in the red zone because of an injury. I agree with many of the guys on as long as we are getting seven I don’t care that much how, but I think as this season goes Jalen needs to rely more on his playmakers to make plays for him too. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

The last thing we need is yet another quarterback taken out in the red zone because of an injury. I agree with many of the guys on as long as we are getting seven I don’t care that much how, but I think as this season goes Jalen needs to rely more on his playmakers to make plays for him too. 

I care from a safety stand point and evaluation. I completely get the 11v11 aspect of his ability to run, but eventually him rolling left or right will get him rolled on or his knee open for that dirty shot. Someone will take the fifteen one day and that should scare all eagle fans. The threat of him running is enough to keep them honest. Let a Boston Scott type take the abuse 

1 hour ago, Shalodeep said:

As a team, absolutely I agree 100%. When discussing QB evaluation for payment and he isn't putting up any traditional QB numbers, you don't hand out a big check. At this moment he is definitely getting the yards, but one passing TD in two games isn't anything special. I think his play so far has been pretty good, up to the point I think he could easily be top 12 if not higher, but QBs need to win it with their arm. So far we have played the whole season with a lead so hard to evaluate. That's a compliment to the team so far. I don't see much changing the next two weeks. Us wanting to see more production in the touchdown department in the air isn't about Ws and Ls but about evaluation. We didn't get a preseason to judge

I agree that winning in the playoffs and super bowl requires a high quality passer.....It's been proven over and over, that running QBs are neutralized in the playoffs.  If the way he played against the Vikings is an indication of how he's developed, the passing game will continue to produce and generate more TDs.   But the Eagles, as a team, are brutally effective running the ball......and I would rather see the RBs handle the vast majority of the rushing.  

I think one of the issues with low passing TDs is an area that Hurts still has some work to do as he still isn't very good at throwing a receiver open......his anticipation isn't where it needs to be......he has to get better at leading the receiver, hit him in stride to give him a chance to make a play.  If that improves, the passing TDs will improve

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, birdman#12 said:

I agree that winning in the playoffs and super bowl requires a high quality passer.....It's been proven over and over, that running QBs are neutralized in the playoffs.  If the way he played against the Vikings is an indication of how he's developed, the passing game will continue to produce and generate more TDs.   But the Eagles, as a team, are brutally effective running the ball......and I would rather see the RBs handle the vast majority of the rushing.  

I think one of the issues with low passing TDs is an area that Hurts still has some work to do as he still isn't very good at throwing a receiver open......his anticipation isn't where it needs to be......he has to get better at leading the receiver, hit him in stride to give him a chance to make a play.  If that improves, the passing TDs will improve

I agree with this and tbh throwing receivers open may be the hardest aspect of the QB position. The way to compensate for the lack of ability is timing routes which falls on coaching and play calling. We all know he can scramble until someone breaks free.  I look at the Vikings game as an outlier until proven otherwise. Now if that's a norm, then we all should bow to Howie and move on with the rest of the roster, but....one game is one game. He has more games under 60% than he does games above 65% so I'll be patient before thinking he's jumped into that elite status daily. More optimistic today than before though

3 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

Thats not why he wanted out. 

and it doesnt have to do with being a professional athlete. 

If you given a crap team and told to your best, and then they hired you're replacement that you had to train and help, everyone here would quit lol. 

I don't think there has ever been any indication that Carson ever trained or helped Hurts. Wentz wanted out because he was benched.  He's a player with a **** attitude and work ethic that couldn't stand how he was receiving any blame for his terrible play. If he was never benched he wouldn't have demanded his trade.  But he was and he did. 

If I performed as badly at my job as he did in 2020 it wouldn't have been on me to quit, I would be fired. 

• Like 1

On 9/20/2022 at 1:00 PM, Swoop said:

Ironic that someone who cries race as often as you openly lumps people together regardless of who they are.

Then again, I don't expect much more from you. 

It's kind of a shame because EasyEaglez can make some good rational posts as long as the topic isn't Hurts or Wentz.

On 9/20/2022 at 6:41 AM, Shalodeep said:

I still can't figure out what the Vikings defensive game plan was last night lol. Looked like gannons usual game plan XD 

Right, everyone marveled at Hurts' play, and it was marvelous, however, the Vikes didn't bring any blitz's.

3 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

Right, everyone marveled at Hurts' play, and it was marvelous, however, the Vikes didn't bring any blitz's.

They didn't do anything that looked like effort

1 hour ago, Shalodeep said:

They didn't do anything that looked like effort

Zone defense is designed to make the QB hesitate and be patient till the receiver gets open in the soft spots.... Given how much everyone says Hurts can't pass and isn't patient and can't pick you apart with his arm that's the gamble the Vikings took and it backfired. They played a defense they thought Hurts would struggle with, I knew what they were going for but, Hurts surprised all of us and the Vikings and shredded that sheet lol. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Zone defense is designed to make the QB hesitate and be patient till the receiver gets open in the soft spots.... Given how much everyone says Hurts can't pass and isn't patient and can't pick you apart with his arm that's the gamble the Vikings took and it backfired. They played a defense they thought Hurts would struggle with, I knew what they were going for but, Hurts surprised all of us and the Vikings and shredded that sheet lol. 

Well he's better than Tebow and Tebow shredded someone in the playoffs. Don't ever coach like you are expecting the other team to fail on their own...here's looking at you Gannon 

• Like 1