GDT: Jacksonville Jaguars @ Philadelphia Eagles, 10-2-22, 1PM EST

EagleJoe8

This may be the third consecutive week of the Eagles having the DPOW award winner. Such a huge turnaround for this defense. 

Didn’t get to post any today during the game because I had no service where I was. But one hell of a game. Was a bit nervous when it was 14-0 but they turned it around after that first Lawrence fumble.

1 hour ago, Birdman said:

Wentz is the next Andy Dalton...

He'll end up somewhere as a backup, riding the pine, cashing his checks, refusing any accountability hiding behind his Christian elitism  

Sad but true!  I see the Commanders releasing him after this season and he will end up somewhere as a backup.  Such wasted talent.

1 hour ago, rrfierce said:

Glad covey had a better game , 23 yard average return 

He makes me very anxious 

14 minutes ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

"Sad but true!  I see the Commanders releasing him after this season and he will end up somewhere as a backup.  Such wasted talent.

I am not sure Wentz's fragile ego could handle a role as a backup.    More than likely he retires to work on his ministry.

1 hour ago, Heavywchamp said:

Fact is Siri put his team in a vulnerable position with the decision to go for it. A fg puts them up 12 and seals it without a doubt. The defense bailed him out.

I’m not disagreeing with your point (which is a good one); I was merely pointing out that the play was there for the first. 

13 minutes ago, Pliny said:

I am not sure Wentz's fragile ego could handle a role as a backup.    More than likely he retires to work on his ministry.

I agree with you about his ego, but he’s going to learn to be humble really quick or will have trouble finding a team that will put up from drama from a backup. I think he’ll eventually  look back on his years in Philly and realize that he made some mistakes. I don’t think he believes that today, but he will down the road. 

1 hour ago, Heavywchamp said:

I knew it had to be something wrong with Jake. If Siri had no choice but to go for it fine. If Jake was healthy Suri goes for fg no doubt. 

Makes a lot more sense that Siri didn’t want to risk it with something wrong with Elliot. 

1 hour ago, astrofed said:

it was also a fact that the FG was not even a 50/50 chance with the weather.  look at it this way, a first down or a FG both would have sealed the win, but which was a higher % at that point.  I think he made the right call, going for it had a better % chance of working out.

Especially with Elliot taking that nasty hit to his plant leg. I liked the call too; it just didn’t work out. Luckily, our D bailed him 45 seconds later. 😊 

I missed several plays due to poor streaming, but was a helmet to helmet called on the Jags 33 for his hit on Hurts at the goal line when he ran for the TD? Seemed fairly obvious to me when I rewatched the highlights. 

2 minutes ago, Columbus Eagle said:

I missed several plays due to poor streaming, but was a helmet to helmet called on the Jags 33 for his hit on Hurts at the goal line when he ran for the TD? Seemed fairly obvious to me when I rewatched the highlights. 

Nope

Siri taking the presser with his son is something else, what a man

3 hours ago, DevilMayRage said:

I have a weird satisfaction going to Commanders forums and reading them talk about Wentz in exactly the same way we did when he was here with all the same complaints.

I hated when Howie signed him to that early extension but my god did he Houdini his way out of it and now the Commanders are stuck with that red-headed spazz.

Can you provide a link? I would love to see that also..

3 hours ago, NCTANK said:

anyone give up in the 1st quarter?

I did but in a reverse psychology attempt and it worked! It was pretty ugly! 🤣🤣

57 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

There's a lot of love there. 

1 hour ago, GeorgeM37 said:

Can you provide a link? I would love to see that also..

Just type up "Commanders Reddit" in the search bar.

Im not sure if posting the link is ok on this forum.

Just a snippet from there:

Can we just bench Wentz and keep our second round pick. I rather see Heinicke or Chicken guy

I’m no Heinicke super fan but at this rate I’d rather have a mobile QB who can move the ball with a noodle arm than a cannon who is a statue and goes deer in headlights when the pocket starts closing.

Genuinely confused at how Wentz is allowed to continue leading the offense after 8 quarters of terrible play. Ron doesn't want to win, that's exactly how it feels at the moment.

We just have to get him out of there in time to save our 2nd round pick, tbh.

Cut Wentz. Then we can at least save something on the conditional pick. He never deserves to step foot onto the field again. His accuracy was absolutely garbage on the plays he did have time, save a couple passes. He's below backup-quality at this point.

damn wentz is the biggest goober. Looks, acts, and plays like one. The way he practices and warms up just flopping his limbs around like some damn red headed fish. Grow some Fing backbone and command that body lmao Grade-A goofy goober

Being a goober is God's plan though. Who are you to second guess his conviction to being a goober?
It’s so abundantly clear Carson just ain’t it, and isn’t suddenly going to become it, at least Howell gives us a reason to hope for growth
Carson Wentz drops back so far and loses key seconds by hesitating before making a pass. Compared to TH4 he has been constantly having more overthrows in the open field
Wentz should have to give most of his $28 million salary to charity. It is criminal Washington didn't make the Colts eat part of that contract.
How is it that Wentz has looked worse than our other QBs. I mean did we not give Heinicke the same offense last year?? Obviously the O line has changed a little but only the guards which should only effect the run game. Plus we gave him a new receiver (love Jahan btw). If our line has really taken that big of a step back then we need a more mobile QB and not one that’s on his last leg.

6 hours ago, kiwinavega said:

Siri taking the presser with his son is something else, what a man

I don’t like it. Nice son and all, but I’d prefer he wouldn’t take him there.

He seems like a great dad though.

8 hours ago, Columbus Eagle said:

I agree with you about his ego, but he’s going to learn to be humble really quick or will have trouble finding a team that will put up from drama from a backup. I think he’ll eventually  look back on his years in Philly and realize that he made some mistakes. I don’t think he believes that today, but he will down the road. 

To be fair after watching this, I feel Carson has humbled and grown up quite a bit, however his in game flaws like holding onto the ball forever still lingers:

Tough fought win by the Eagles. They had some adversity in a bad weather game, didn’t panic, and still came out with a win against a much better than expected Jaguars team. Seems like Doug fell a little bit back into his pass happy ways in this one even though the weather clearly didn’t call for that type of game. Great game by Sanders. That’s the kind of game we have been expecting from him for a long time now, and this year he really looks like he wants that contract. Tough loss with all the injuries. There’s a lot they have to overcome. Very dominant effort by the Eagles fronts. It’s almost like Graham and Cox have turned back the clock and are on a mission. The defensive additions are also all playing well for the most part. Still some occasional defensive lapses, but those can occur when a team decides to blitz and when two of the starting corners are out of the lineup. The Eagles are 4-0 and are the only undefeated team left with a difficult game in front of them. This schedule so far hasn’t been easy as we all think though. 

Archived