GDT: Philadelphia Eagles @ Arizona Cardinals, 10-9-22, 4:25PM EST

EagleJoe8

1 minute ago, ilikepargo said:

We had 4 passes that lost yards today.

And pretty much nothing for a deep passing game.

Steich seemed to really love that screen to Devonta today

2 minutes ago, Columbus Eagle said:

That last offensive series was a thing of beauty. Siri wanted to chew the clock and run it down their throats and the offense answered. Love it. 

I officially hate Gannon after tonight. I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt, but tonight’s scheme was bush league. He’s the weak link on the team. 

totally agree. im guessing he was afraid of Murray's scrambling but you gotta blitz that dude especially with the secondary they have

4 minutes ago, rrfierce said:

Stafford got smashed today 

rams suck 

Stafford is up and down.  No run game.  Kupp at WR and nothing else.  O-line isn't very good.  Overall they aren't anywhere near last years team.

2 minutes ago, GoEagles5921 said:

A win is a win but they have a lot to clean up.  Cowboys unfortunately are legit 

Cowboys don't score much.  They have a good defense and been saying that for weeks.

I can see the game being similar to this 20-17 or something like that.

Eagles can't really use the sideline stuff, screens, anything east-west.  Dallas is too fast defensively and can fly sideline to sideline.  If anything they need to use Dallas aggressiveness against them, maybe some double moves, misdirection, etc.

Just now, GeorgeM37 said:

Disagreeing is fine....if you watched the game, you should know that wasn't automatic at all. A few mistakes and this game was tied and decided in overtime

Exactly why I said it was an ugly win and shouldn't have been so close

1 minute ago, ilikepargo said:

We had 4 passes that lost yards today.

And pretty much nothing for a deep passing game.

Took AJ right out of it too. I think not having a balanced attack from the get go was a recipe for disaster. 

Just now, xstonr said:

Definitely a off day and a lucky win. 

But a win nonetheless and the '72 Dolphins have to wait at least one more week to "pop the champange." 

Zona is a blitz heavy team. Wouldn't have time for deep shots. That's why all the screen passes. With that said, I would have liked more screens to the RBs in the middle as that's where most the pressure came from.

Just now, Portyansky said:

Zona is a blitz heavy team. Wouldn't have time for deep shots. That's why all the screen passes. With that said, I would have liked more screens to the RBs in the middle as that's where most the pressure came from.

Yep, some of those screens had no chance.

Always enjoyable to watch the game with you all and thanks to the little birdie who helped fix my streaming problem. 🙏 

8 minutes ago, ilikepargo said:

Ugly wins are still wins.

But this should not have been so close.

yeah, seems like everybody has a few of those each year. we got lucky for once. i’ll take it.

I hope Dak comes back and we Fing crush them. Go Birds!

2 minutes ago, Portyansky said:

Agreed. Abandoning the running game early on was a huge mistake too. 

Are the Packers and Rams that bad or are the Giants and Cowboys that good?

I guess we will find out next game...

Seen the big backs run through our cover secondary and thought: Dang, why don’t we use a big back. Then they got hurt and I thought: Ah well maybe that’s why.

The holding call on Dickerson and the drop by Smith (both played well overall) brought them back. But Goederts catch and some big runs by Sanders and Gainwell kept us in it.

Sure was a very tough win, but we did have some real struggle on the OL in this one and still got it done. Have to feel good about that.

7 minutes ago, Columbus Eagle said:

I’m not trying to argue, but did you see the game? He played soft most of the game. Just like he did after we were up big against the Lions. The man is incapable of learning from his mistakes. Our D plays lights out when he lets them play aggressive. Our D line struggled a bit with the **** turf, but they had little time to get to Murray. Our DBs were playing 10-12 yards off the LOS. He has to scheme to our strengths he didn’t do that… again. 

End of the day they only scored 17 and they won the game.  

If the Cards scored more or even scored a TD to win it at the end then you have a complaint.  Kyler is hard to sack as is.  Maybe the Cardinals made some adjustments at half?  I'd find it hard to believe they would be comfortable with that halftime lead.

1 minute ago, opa-opa said:

the Rams o-line is terrible 

After today, our schedule not looking nearly as easy as before - both the Cowboys & the Giants are 4-1.  Unbelievable. 

3 minutes ago, opa-opa said:

I was thinking the same thing. 

Tough win on the road. It wasn’t pretty, but I’ll take it. Into Dallas. Finally getting a win in Arizona. It was much needed.

2 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

After today, our schedule not looking nearly as easy as before - both the Cowboys & the Giants are 4-1.  Unbelievable. 

Daboll is a good hire. Irritating as that is

At least we can lean on Carson for good times.

To get out of that hellhole stadium and hopefully no major injuries with a win...i will take that anyday.

26 minutes ago, KINGnabb said:

That's crazy they showed the video of him missing in pregame only for him to miss it again in the game.   You have to be able to win all types of ways.   Eagles have not won in Arizona in 21 years.  UNTIL TODAY!!!!!!!!! 5-0!!!!!!!!!!!!

Has it really been that long?

The Cowboys much as I hate to admit it are a fast sideline to sideline D. We need to run it straight down their throat. Need Mailata and Dickerson healthy and I want to see more aggressiveness on both sides of the ball. 

5-0 feels amazing. Celebrate every win. Even the ugly ones. 

Archived