GDT: Philadelphia Eagles @ Arizona Cardinals, 10-9-22, 4:25PM EST

EagleJoe8

23 minutes ago, ThinkGreen said:

He definitely increased his chances of having an NFL career. 

Agreed, can we stash him on our practice squad? 😉 

34 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Just getting home from a mini getaway.  Missed the game but see we squeaked out a W and looking at Hurts’ stat line looks OK.  Just curious, how was he?  

Played well, but he was pressured a lot. Because of all the blitzing, most plays were short, which worked off and on. I think we played well, especially after taking several hits. 

The run game struggled most of the game, but their last drive was all runs, with one incomplete throw and it was a thing of beauty. O line had some injuries to manage, but they dominated that last drive. Are up most of the clock and took the 3 point lead. 

Gannon’s soft scheme allowed the Cards right back in it, but Murray slid too soon, which made for a longer FG attempt than they’d hoped. Kicker sliced it wife right. 

1 hour ago, Portyansky said:

Wonder if Cardinals would give us a 6th for Dicker? :ph34r:

Price starts at a 2nd. 😎

1 hour ago, time2rock said:

Just getting home from a mini getaway.  Missed the game but see we squeaked out a W and looking at Hurts’ stat line looks OK.  Just curious, how was he?  

He was pretty good. They blitzed a fair amount, as they do.  As we know, he’s still learning how to handle that. He changed the play a couple times but got sacked when they brought real pressure. He had one throw where he didn’t see a defender that would have been an int but was sloghtly bobbled by the defender. He was amazing with the QB sneaks for a yard or two several times at critical times and it was murray who probably blew the game by sliding rather than getting the extra yard for the first down at the end. 

Probably Jalen’s weakest game this year, but still probably a B or B+. 

4 hours ago, Eldereagle1 said:

Gannon bailed out by bonehead play by Murray.

The fing kicker missed the kick. Not Murray. He got them there. The kicker Fed it up. How long have you been watching? If they tied it with the kick the Eagles would have lost.

4 hours ago, JohnB said:

We got lucky AF there today. We need to figure out how to get 2nd half points. I'm talking TD's

That happened last week.

2 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Well... That wasn't pretty but it was a W. A potential trap game that in the end we just about got it done. 

Exactly. These are the games we usually see the Eagles lose, but they found a way to pull it out. On to Dallas and a much needed bye week. 

8 hours ago, Talonblood said:

I REALLY want to like Gannon and Sanders,

Yeah, I'm really down on Sanders nowadays also, his vision is horrible, many times the hole is there and he's running into the back of his blockers, when he does see a hole he's slow hitting it, and his run after contact is pretty much non-existent. 

9 hours ago, ilikepargo said:

We had 4 passes that lost yards today.

And pretty much nothing for a deep passing game.

I think the biggest problem with the Eagles passing game is they're not establishing Watkins as a bona fide deep threat.  That pass to Brown that looked like an INT, Watkins had broke open for a sure TD, Hurts didn't see him and it's odd because he was right behind Brown to the left.

They need to call plays where Watkins is the first read and I'm not seeing that unless is one of those stupid bubble screens, if he's established as a deep threat it'll open up opportunities for the other receivers.  Also, this thing about this week so-and-so will be the main target all game long is stupid, target who's open.  

8 hours ago, Columbus Eagle said:

Played well, but he was pressured a lot. Because of all the blitzing, most plays were short, which worked off and on. I think we played well, especially after taking several hits. 

The run game struggled most of the game, but their last drive was all runs, with one incomplete throw and it was a thing of beauty. O line had some injuries to manage, but they dominated that last drive. Are up most of the clock and took the 3 point lead. 

Gannon’s soft scheme allowed the Cards right back in it, but Murray slid too soon, which made for a longer FG attempt than they’d hoped. Kicker sliced it wife right. 

Watching a different game?

2 hours ago, EagleVA said:

I think the biggest problem with the Eagles passing game is they're not establishing Watkins as a bona fide deep threat.  That pass to Brown that looked like an INT, Watkins had broke open for a sure TD, Hurts didn't see him and it's odd because he was right behind Brown to the left.

They need to call plays where Watkins is the first read and I'm not seeing that unless is one of those stupid bubble screens, if he's established as a deep threat it'll open up opportunities for the other receivers.  Also, this thing about this week so-and-so will be the main target all game long is stupid, target who's open.  

I have tallied the numbers.... we did 569 bubble screens yesterday. I think it's going to snow today because we agree 😯

They played extra conservative and scared on both sides of the ball yesterday. On offense they clearly feared the blitz with their approach and on defense Murray's legs. Watkins should get at least 2 down field shots a game to make defenses think twice.

But.... they got the victory not going to harp. On to Dallas and hopefully they open up the play books and also smash mouth a bit more cause our OL is dominant when not holding 

3 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Exactly. These are the games we usually see the Eagles lose, but they found a way to pull it out. On to Dallas and a much needed bye week. 

People want style points and utter dominance every game which isn't realistic. Hell there were many that thought they'd lose this game because 'Cardinals'. They got the dub. No style points but results are 5-0. Dallas time. Hoping that all of the injured get back and we smoke them.

2 hours ago, EagleVA said:

Yeah, I'm really down on Sanders nowadays also, his vision is horrible, many times the hole is there and he's running into the back of his blockers, when he does see a hole he's slow hitting it, and his run after contact is pretty much non-existent. 

lol @ everything you just said.

1 hour ago, judunno said:

People want style points and utter dominance every game which isn't realistic. Hell there were many that thought they'd lose this game because 'Cardinals'. They got the dub. No style points but results are 5-0. Dallas time. Hoping that all of the injured get back and we smoke them.

They think we are gonna lose every damn game and then when they do win, it wasn't a good enough win and they got lucky. 

16 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

They think we are gonna lose every damn game and then when they do win, it wasn't a good enough win and they got lucky. 

Yeah . People just want something to complain about... if they don't dominate Dallas this week we'll see more of the same even if 6-0. We're the last undefeated team man cmonnnn. Enjoy having the best record IN THE LEAGUE.

12 hours ago, Columbus Eagle said:

I downloaded the Philadelphia Eagles app but it says streaming is for in market only. Is there an easy way to trick it to think you’re in the Philly area? 

The usual method would be a VPN but the one I have - and most others I suspect - would say New York or Washington.

10 hours ago, eephraim said:

The fing kicker missed the kick. Not Murray. He got them there. The kicker Fed it up. How long have you been watching? If they tied it with the kick the Eagles would have lost.

it wasnt missed, it was actually tipped by Williams and nobody seems to notice

10 hours ago, eephraim said:

That happened last week.

yes but that's one week out of 5. This type of play isn't going to hold up against Dallas. 

Another gutsy victory. The Cardinals D gave our offense some problems. Having 3/5th's of our starting o line miss time from the game didn't help matters. But still the drive to get the winning FG was impressive. Letting the O line dominate was the right call. 

The Dallas Defense is going to blitz a lot as well. We need to be ready. 

Eagles 27

Cowgirls 24. 

56 minutes ago, judunno said:

Yeah . People just want something to complain about... if they don't dominate Dallas this week we'll see more of the same even if 6-0. We're the last undefeated team man cmonnnn. Enjoy having the best record IN THE LEAGUE.

No surprise. The negadelphians did so regarding the SB game. 

36 minutes ago, JamesBK11218 said:

280386529_NFL_Livegamesandmoreonthego_NFL_com.png.888f48431d982d996c44f9337066de7c.png

the kick at the end was blocked by Williams 

Interesting. I found it ironic that the broadcast showed this kicker in pre game missing Fg's in exactly the same fashion and then he goes out and misses again.  

6 hours ago, EagleVA said:

...those stupid bubble screens...

The screens aren't bad in and of themselves.  It's that they're being used WAY too often, to the exclusion of other plays.  The Eagles have the players to run a balanced offense, but it's not being gameplaned or called.

Archived