Jalen Reagor (TCU WR) -- DRAFTED BY EAGLES! #21

Igglebird

The more I watch of this guy the more I want this to be the pick. I feel like in 5 years time there will be little to separate Reagor and Lamb as top tier receivers. I’m not as sold on Jeudy and Ruggs.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Muz86 said:

The more I watch of this guy the more I want this to be the pick. I feel like in 5 years time there will be little to separate Reagor and Lamb as top tier receivers. I’m not as sold on Jeudy and Ruggs.

I really like Reagor because to me he can do it all. He's got the physicality to handle himself, he can go up and win contested catches. At 5ft11 he's not the biggest but he's a hell of an athlete. He's got the speed we need and with the ball in his hands he's a YAC machine. I'm all in on Reagor. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I really like Reagor because to me he can do it all. He's got the physicality to handle himself, he can go up and win contested catches. At 5ft11 he's not the biggest but he's a hell of an athlete. He's got the speed we need and with the ball in his hands he's a YAC machine. I'm all in on Reagor. 

Completely agree. If they really love lamb then I don’t mind them going up to get him for a not too extortionate price. But if the price is too steep and Reagor will last  till 21 then that’s the pick to make imo.

• Like 3

Just now, Muz86 said:

Completely agree. If they really love lamb then I don’t mind them going up to get him for a not too extortionate price. But if the price is too steep and Reagor will last  till 21 then that’s the pick to make imo.

I have no issue with them moving up for Lamb though I actually think I'd prefer Reagor + our second round pick still rather than just Lamb and no second round pick. But I know many will disagree with me.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Green Dog said:

If the top 4 are gone, yup.  Don't think.  Just do it.

That would mean Reagor is gone . Still have him as my number 3 wr. 

I think Reagor is over rated as a first rounder, there's a lot of talk of him having bad QB play but you look at other big 12 guys like Lamb, Duvernay, Mims and even a Tylan Wallace and they're clearly elevated as the #1 Receiver on their team, whereas Reagor has fewer yards per game than Taye Barber last year and for such a rumoured 'big play threat', his yards per catch don't stand out either.

He seems to be a guy excused weak numbers because he could outrun his QB's arm, this doesn't explain why he was a sub 750 yard guy when TCU had Kenny Hill putting up a pretty decent season in 2017, but went off for over 1000 the next year when TCU had a revolving door of worse QB's.

Reagor is a guy who's elevated on what some people think he could do with a decent QB as opposed to actual witnessed production, I'd maybe take him mid second, but I'd take Jefferson, Mims, Higgins and probably even Aiyuk ahead of him (assuming the big 3 are already gone at 21).

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

I think Reagor is over rated as a first rounder, there's a lot of talk of him having bad QB play but you look at other big 12 guys like Lamb, Duvernay, Mims and even a Tylan Wallace and they're clearly elevated as the #1 Receiver on their team, whereas Reagor has fewer yards per game than Taye Barber last year and for such a rumoured 'big play threat', his yards per catch don't stand out either.

He seems to be a guy excused weak numbers because he could outrun his QB's arm, this doesn't explain why he was a sub 750 yard guy when TCU had Kenny Hill putting up a pretty decent season in 2017, but went off for over 1000 the next year when TCU had a revolving door of worse QB's.

Reagor is a guy who's elevated on what some people think he could do with a decent QB as opposed to actual witnessed production, I'd maybe take him mid second, but I'd take Jefferson, Mims, Higgins and probably even Aiyuk ahead of him (assuming the big 3 are already gone at 21).

Because it's not just about numbers. It's about fundamentals, hand placement, route running, separation, etc. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 20dawk4life said:

Because it's not just about numbers. It's about fundamentals, hand placement, route running, separation, etc. 

Again that's what everyone tells themselves as they pick a high upside scouts hero ahead of someone who actually caught the balls and got the yardage and watches them turn into Troy Williamson.

12 minutes ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

Again that's what everyone tells themselves as they pick a high upside scouts hero ahead of someone who actually caught the balls and got the yardage and watches them turn into Troy Williamson.

Jordan Matthews caught everything in college. Production in college is very far from the end all be all in pros. Otherwise Detmer would have been a good qb. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, 20dawk4life said:

Jordan Matthews caught everything in college. Production in college is very far from the end all be all in pros. Otherwise Detmer would have been a good qb. 

Precisely. Production is nice but there's more to do. Players need something that they do exceptionally well otherwise they'll be found out in the NFL. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

this doesn't explain why he was a sub 750 yard guy when TCU had Kenny Hill putting up a pretty decent season in 2017

He was a freshman in 2017. He only started two games and had over 500 yards and 8 tds. Went over a thousand yards the next year with 3 different qb's. In addition to the 💩 QB play, the coaches also had no idea how to use him in 2019. No reason a guy like reagor should play 83%+ of snaps on one side of the field, especially when you have a true freshman at QB. I understand the concern but i'd still rather have reagor over all the guys you named🤷🏽‍♂️

3 minutes ago, Han Solo said:

I am prepared to die on the Jalen Reagor hill

I'm on that hill with you...

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Han Solo said:
11 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Make that three of us standing together on Reagor's Hill.

Should be OK as long as we maintain correct social distancing.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Couch Potato said:

If the hilltop is big enough we are fine. Good to have you up here. 

• Like 1

For me plan A is move up for Lamb. Plan B is to take Reagor at 21. 

I will say I take that blurb about the Eagles being "enamored” with him with a grain of salt though. We’ve read that they love Jefferson and Lamb too. And that they’ve shown a ton of interest in Mims. 

1 hour ago, Han Solo said:

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

57 minutes ago, Couch Potato said:

Move over boys. I’m in!!!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, 20dawk4life said:

Move over boys. I’m in!!!

12 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Plenty of room up here right now. 

Bring some beer

• Like 1

On 4/21/2020 at 2:31 PM, Han Solo said:

While I don't see how it could happen, it would be great to get both. I think both guys are great fits for the Eagles.

Just now, killdawabbit said:

While I don't see how it could happen, it would be great to get both. I think both guys are great fits for the Eagles.

I'm not so sure about Gladney but I'm all in on Reagor. 

Id be fine with Reagor but I still think we should trade back a bit to get him. You could have a team that wants to move up to get Jordan Love ahead of the projected Saints. Or the Saints wanting to move up just to ensure they get him if they want him. I just feel 21 is not his spot. rather get some more capital if we dont get the top 4 and move back. If Reagor is gone after moving back, fine, go Mims. 

• Like 1