Quez Watkins

bigdog54

Has anyone noticed he can’t catch the deep ball on the run. He always goes down to the ground. I watched that play 20 times and that was a dot by Hurts. There was no reason for him to catch it and roll on the ground he should have caught it and ran right to the end zone. I noticed that with him before on the deep ball. He just doesn’t know how to finish the big one. 

• Like 2

He’s been nearly invisible all year. Last night was probably his best game but that fumble cost them. You gotta know the situation and hold onto the ball.

He's also the only WR on the team with very good deep speed. Do they need an upgrade at that spot? Yes they do. He should be the #5 WR on the roster.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, GeorgeM37 said:

Welp.....that's the reason he is the number 3 receiver.....

Number 3 ... plays like number 2.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Literally just wrote the same thing in the blog after watching the replay

i have no idea why he falls to the ground after catching it

Wow over react much? one loss one fumble and all the sudden Watkins is trash and needs to be replaced???

AJ brown had 1 catch for 7 yards, one drop that led to a pick, another play where he fell down on a 3 Rd down pass, maybe the eagles should cut him he's trash no better than a 5th receiver ...😒

• Like 3

Quez had a nice game going too. Until he fumbled there at the end. He might have had a clear lane into the end zone if he doesn't fall down. But his stumble let St. Juste catch up and punch the ball out. Another play that didn't go the Eagles way last night.

• Like 4

I dont mind him falling, but wtf was he thinking holding the ball so carelessly?? He was holding it like a DB after they get an interception

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bigdog54 said:

Has anyone noticed he can’t catch the deep ball on the run. He always goes down to the ground. I watched that play 20 times and that was a dot by Hurts. There was no reason for him to catch it and roll on the ground he should have caught it and ran right to the end zone. I noticed that with him before on the deep ball. He just doesn’t know how to finish the big one. 

BS, Hurts didn't lead him enough, you crying bout a great catch made by Watkins.

Hurts need to realize that Watkins runs faster than Brown and Smith so he has to get the ball deeper when throwing to him, I've seen these underthrows numerous time when throwing to Watkins

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

BS, Hurts didn't lead him enough, you crying bout a great catch made by Watkins.

Hurts need to realize that Watkins runs faster than Brown and Smith so he has to get the ball deeper when throwing to him, I've seen these underthrows numerous time when throwing to Watkins

Wasn't underthrown lol. Watkins dove for the catch, and then for whatever reason, held the ball out as he got up to run. He's gotta know that ball security is more important than scoring in that situation. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MF POON said:

Wasn't underthrown lol. Watkins dove for the catch, and then for whatever reason, held the ball out as he got up to run. He's gotta know that ball security is more important than scoring in that situation. 

That’s the point he didn’t have to dive. He always dives for balls he doesn’t have to. I watched it 20 times back and forth and it was a good throw. He just lost his feet like he always does. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, bigdog54 said:

may be true. have to go back and watch some of his deep ball catches. The one against the Vikings was in stride and a beauty. 

3 hours ago, bigdog54 said:

You obviously never played football before.

The ball was about 10yd short and 10yds to the right where it should have been. Not sure if it was due to wind or Hurts trying to lead him towards the right. The catch was fantastic. Just what happened after wasn't. He didn't secure the ball properly thought the DB was further behind him. DB made a great play after the catch. They get paid too you know...

2 hours ago, Portyansky said:

The ball was about 10yd short and 10yds to the right where it should have been. 

Ex-f'ing-actly!!

Who are these guys with their bogus analysis, they know nothing.

Like I said, I've seen this numerous times when throwing to Watkins.

5 hours ago, GeorgeM37 said:

Welp.....that's the reason he is the number 3 receiver.....

And was a 6th round pick. 

• Like 3

Everyone loved Quez for 2.5 seasons.

Now 1 fluke play when he tried to get up and keep going to extend the play and potentially score a TD that would have changed the outcome, and people want him cut or make it out like he's a bum.

• Like 7

17 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

And was a 6th round pick. 

Tyreek Hill was a 5th round pick.....seems to me what round a player was drafted doesn't mean much, I mean, I'm not at all impressed with 1st round pick Devonta Smith, as far as I'm concerned he should be a 4th receiver.

16 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Everyone loved Quez for 2.5 seasons.

Now 1 fluke play when he tried to get up and keep going to extend the play and potentially score a TD that would have changed the outcome, and people want him cut or make it out like he's a bum.

It’s true there’s a lot of overreacting going on right now, but I do think people are also over valuing this player. Still it’s ridiculous to act like he can’t play or should be benched and everything else. He made a bad play, but he certainly wasn’t the only guy. I wish Quez were a better special teams player and could return punts or kicks, but he’s not good at it. On a side note Quez was the cause of one of Jalen’s interceptions last year too. He’s made mistakes before. He hasn’t been the perfect player, but he was a 6th round pick too. He’s a guy who is still developing that can run fast. He does some good and some bad.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

Tyreek Hill was a 5th round pick.....seems to me what round a player was drafted doesn't mean much, I mean, I'm not at all impressed with 1st round pick Devonta Smith, as far as I'm concerned he should be a 4th receiver.

Yeah Smith was  the best receiver on the team last night, but you’re coming at him? Show me the list of 6th round pick receivers who are elite. 

• Like 3

I never said he should be benched all I’m Saying if you watch him he has a history of leaving his feet way to easily. Last year he was running for an easy td did the same thing. I stand by my post he didn’t need to lose his balance on that play. He needs to work on it that’s all I’m saying, good player that needs a lot work. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Portyansky said:

The ball was about 10yd short and 10yds to the right where it should have been. Not sure if it was due to wind or Hurts trying to lead him towards the right. The catch was fantastic. Just what happened after wasn't. He didn't secure the ball properly thought the DB was further behind him. DB made a great play after the catch. They get paid too you know...

Played all the way through college you idiot. The tape doesn’t lie it speaks for itself. 

38 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Yeah Smith was  the best receiver on the team last night, but you’re coming at him? Show me the list of 6th round pick receivers who are elite. 

I'm sure there are plenty but I'm not gonna waste my time searching for them, it ain't that important to me, I not about winning a debate, just passing on my opinions and I couldn't care less who disagrees with them.