Quez Watkins

bigdog54

1 hour ago, EagleVA said:

Tyreek Hill was a 5th round pick.....seems to me what round a player was drafted doesn't mean much, I mean, I'm not at all impressed with 1st round pick Devonta Smith, as far as I'm concerned he should be a 4th receiver.

Just a reminder of the protocol here... it's puff, puff, PASS.

Good grief, I have no idea what some of you watch but, if you think Smitty is a 4th receiver you're either drunk, dumb, or deliberately provocative

• Like 5

After Quez got up, he didn’t make a "football move” and only makes one step before fumbling. So does he have possession when he fumbles?  Dead ball?

2 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

It’s true there’s a lot of overreacting going on right now, but I do think people are also over valuing this player. Still it’s ridiculous to act like he can’t play or should be benched and everything else. He made a bad play, but he certainly wasn’t the only guy. I wish Quez were a better special teams player and could return punts or kicks, but he’s not good at it. On a side note Quez was the cause of one of Jalen’s interceptions last year too. He’s made mistakes before. He hasn’t been the perfect player, but he was a 6th round pick too. He’s a guy who is still developing that can run fast. He does some good and some bad.

He's a a role player like Pascal, Stoll, Scott... the top receivers are Brown, Smith and Goedert.  It's rare that anyone outside your top 3 receiving options gets many targets, much less getting catches.  Quez has made some nice plays.  If anyone were to be hurt he could step up and contribute.  

The star players make mistakes too.  Graham cost them with a penalty, Hurts forced a pass that became an INT, Kelce has some AWFUL snaps sometimes that come out of nowhere, Dickerson completely missed a block and let his man waltz right up to Hurts for a sack, Brown had a pass right in his hands and dropped it, Smith threw the worst lateral ever and gave them a garbage time TD, Big Play Slay...gave up big plays to their receivers last night, Reddick missed some tackles last night and allowed 1st downs, Hurts scrambled the wrong direction running right into tackles instead of making a positive play, CJG had PI call that put them in scoring position, Special Teams unit let a man get through on a punt and Siposs had to scramble and then give a worse punt that put them at mid-field making it easier to get into scoring position.  

Lots of blame to go around.  That fumble could happen to anyone, and that type of play does happen to lots of players even star players.  Quez is a quality receiver on the depth chart and makes plays as a role player in the offense.  I have no issue with him.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

He falls to the ground to avoid taking a hit. He see's and feels ghosts. He wants no part of physical contact, so he always falls to the ground.

36 minutes ago, NOTW said:

He's a a role player like Pascal, Stoll, Scott... the top receivers are Brown, Smith and Goedert.  It's rare that anyone outside your top 3 receiving options gets many targets, much less getting catches.  Quez has made some nice plays.  If anyone were to be hurt he could step up and contribute.  

The star players make mistakes too.  Graham cost them with a penalty, Hurts forced a pass that became an INT, Kelce has some AWFUL snaps sometimes that come out of nowhere, Dickerson completely missed a block and let his man waltz right up to Hurts for a sack, Brown had a pass right in his hands and dropped it, Smith threw the worst lateral ever and gave them a garbage time TD, Big Play Slay...gave up big plays to their receivers last night, Reddick missed some tackles last night and allowed 1st downs, Hurts scrambled the wrong direction running right into tackles instead of making a positive play, CJG had PI call that put them in scoring position, Special Teams unit let a man get through on a punt and Siposs had to scramble and then give a worse punt that put them at mid-field making it easier to get into scoring position.  

Lots of blame to go around.  That fumble could happen to anyone, and that type of play does happen to lots of players even star players.  Quez is a quality receiver on the depth chart and makes plays as a role player in the offense.  I have no issue with him.

Yeah I agree. There’s plenty of blame to go around for this one to include the coaches as well. Watkins made a drop, but I think some people are going way overboard about it. I’ll say he’s better than Reagor and JJAW combined as a receiver. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, EagleVA said:

I'm sure there are plenty but I'm not gonna waste my time searching for them, it ain't that important to me, I not about winning a debate, just passing on my opinions and I couldn't care less who disagrees with them.

Everyone has opinions. It doesn’t mean they’re good ones, and throwing an assumption out there and failing to backing it up with proof doesn’t make a fact. 

3 hours ago, bigdog54 said:

Played all the way through college you idiot. The tape doesn’t lie it speaks for itself. 

I'm an idiot? Lol. You must have been a great player.

3 hours ago, EagleVA said:

Tyreek Hill was a 5th round pick.....seems to me what round a player was drafted doesn't mean much, I mean, I'm not at all impressed with 1st round pick Devonta Smith, as far as I'm concerned he should be a 4th receiver.

I honestly don't even know why you're still allowed to post on this site. You make RememberTheKoy look like a genius.

That throw by Hurts STUNK. Hit him in stride, or at the least, don’t make Quez change direction and have to go get the ball, and you have an EASY TD.

4 hours ago, EagleVA said:

You serious?

2 hours ago, kiwinavega said:

Just a reminder of the protocol here... it's puff, puff, PASS.

Good grief, I have no idea what some of you watch but, if you think Smitty is a 4th receiver you're either drunk, dumb, or deliberately provocative

What do you think he is, a top WR in the league??  News flash, he's sheet!! Like I said last year after watching his game, you're looking at a 1st round possession receiver.

I haven't watched the Commanders this year worth a damn so I'm not familiar with their 3rd WR is but I do know this, McLaurin and Samuel are much, much better WRs than Smith so that would make him the 3rd WR at best on the Commanders.  It would be very easy for the Eagles to find a WR better than Smith, that would make him the 4th WR on the Eagles. 

You guys overrate Eagles players just because you're a fan of the Eagles, it's like you guys have Cowboyitis. 

56 minutes ago, LacesOut said:

That throw by Hurts STUNK. Hit him in stride, or at the least, don’t make Quez change direction and have to go get the ball, and you have an EASY TD.

He think he's throwing to the snailouts Brown and Smith, he's been underthrowing Watkins since forever.

I find is so crazy that Watkins makes that great catch and he's criticized for it, some fool posted that he didn't have to dive for the ball. Yes he did, and it's not the first time he's had to do so. 

Yeah, I don't take you seriously. Smith is a top echelon receiver, the Eagles as a whole just had a rough game.

17 minutes ago, GeorgeM37 said:

You serious?

You surely selected the right smiley face because you're confused.

1 minute ago, kiwinavega said:

Yeah, I don't take you seriously. Smith is a top echelon receiver, 

You're sick in the head.

4 hours ago, EagleVA said:

🤦‍♂️

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Yeah Smith was  the best receiver on the team last night, 

Let's see, Smith, 6 receptions, 39 yards(6.5 yards per reception),  Watkins, 4 receptions, 80 yards(20 yards per reception).

One looks like a bona fide WR the other looks like a possession WR, can you guess who's who.

The only problem Watkins has is his number isn't being called enough or Hurts doesn't look his way.  I can tell you now, there have been at least 4 plays where the camera was behind the QB and I saw Watkins running wide on for a sure score and Hurts never saw him but he was right behind where the ball was thrown.  Hurts needs to learn how to view everyone on the field.

Not establishing Watkins as a bona fide deep threat is going to be the undoing of the Eagles this year, if you take Brown out of the game like the Commanders did and make Smith your go to WR you lose!!

25 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

What do you think he is, a top WR in the league??  News flash, he's sheet!! Like I said last year after watching his game, you're looking at a 1st round possession receiver.

I haven't watched the Commanders this year worth a damn so I'm not familiar with their 3rd WR is but I do know this, McLaurin and Samuel are much, much better WRs than Smith so that would make him the 3rd WR at best on the Commanders.  It would be very easy for the Eagles to find a WR better than Smith, that would make him the 4th WR on the Eagles. 

You guys overrate Eagles players just because you're a fan of the Eagles, it's like you guys have Cowboyitis. 

I'm starting to think you're not an Eagles fan

Just now, EagleVA said:

Yep, you definitely have Cowboyitis

whatever makes you sleep better at night dude

Just now, GroundAttack said:

I'm starting to think you're not an Eagles fan

No I am, that's why I'm hard on them, you guys want to make mediocre players All Pros, that's not improving their game.

I'd love for Smith to prove me wrong but he can't, he is what he is.

17 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

You surely selected the right smiley face because you're confused.

You're sick in the head.

You know....all I did was ask if you were serious. I couldn't tell if you were for real or being sarcastic....I am not at all confused. You feel how you feel....

3 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

No I am, that's why I'm hard on them, you guys want to make mediocre players All Pros, that's not improving their game.

Answer this honestly. Would you rather have Smith or an overpaid Christian Kirk? Smith was the best receiver taken within the first 3 rounds of the 2021 draft. He can easily be a No. 2 Receiver on any team every week he plays. He was our No. 1 last year.

4 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

broke the Eagles rookie receiving record last year. The kid is fine. He's not Jerry Rice lol. But he's better than mediocre.