Quez Watkins

bigdog54

45 minutes ago, GeorgeM37 said:

You know....all I did was ask if you were serious. I couldn't tell if you were for real or being sarcastic....I am not at all confused. You feel how you feel....

FYI, I'm always serious, no jokester clown here.

44 minutes ago, GroundAttack said:

Answer this honestly. Would you rather have Smith or an overpaid Christian Kirk? Smith was the best receiver taken within the first 3 rounds of the 2021 draft. He can easily be a No. 2 Receiver on any team every week he plays. He was our No. 1 last year.

He wouldn't be the #2 on the Commanders, McLaurin and Samuel  are 4.3 guys, ex Buckeye teammates, fact of the matter is he wouldn't be the #2 on most teams, dude is neither quick nor fast, it's like WTF is he doing on the field.

BTW, Samuel is going to explode before the end of the year, he's damn good, had the Eagles picked him up your looking at a ride on the pine for Smith, he'd come in when they field 4 WRs.

I'm not familiar with Christian Kirk and I'd have to review the draft to see which WR I was hoping for when Smith came out, I can tell you it wasn't Smith, never gave him a second thought.

53 minutes ago, GroundAttack said:

broke the Eagles rookie receiving record last year. 

That's only because Hurts had tunnel vision, he wasn't looking for any other WR to throw to......didn't you notice that??  

That's going to be Hurts' downfall if he doesn't learn how to see the entire field, currently he's like, today I'll throw 75% of the passes to this guy or that guy, that sheet ain't gonna work, you gotta spread the ball around, that way the defense can't take your passing game away because they don't know who your throwing to,

Bottom line, the Eagles are trending down.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

That's only because Hurts had tunnel vision, he wasn't looking for any other WR to throw to......didn't you notice that??  

That's going to be Hurts' downfall if he doesn't learn how to see the entire field, currently he's like, today I'll throw 75% of the passes to this guy or that guy, that sheet ain't gonna work, you gotta spread the ball around, that way the defense can't take your passing game away because they don't know who your throwing to,

Bottom line, the Eagles are trending down.  

Who else was there to throw to last year? When opponents take Goedert away it goes to Smith and vice versa. He is seeing the field and actually taking more deep shots this year than he ever has so far. We have the playmakers on offense and a lot more than last year. Shane has been good so far this year. Continue to get others involved now with Dallas out.

24 minutes ago, GroundAttack said:

Who else was there to throw to last year? 

Quez, unfortunately he didn't go to 'Bama, no favoritism. 

• Like 1

On 11/15/2022 at 1:29 PM, EagleVA said:

Ex-f'ing-actly!!

Who are these guys with their bogus analysis, they know nothing.

Like I said, I've seen this numerous times when throwing to Watkins.

DeSean would have caught it in stride and scored 👀

On 11/15/2022 at 5:05 AM, bigdog54 said:

Has anyone noticed he can’t catch the deep ball on the run. He always goes down to the ground. I watched that play 20 times and that was a dot by Hurts. There was no reason for him to catch it and roll on the ground he should have caught it and ran right to the end zone. I noticed that with him before on the deep ball. He just doesn’t know how to finish the big one. 

Which is why he needs to be benched to clean up his act. This stuff can't happen in Playoffs. Yeah, I'm still mad at Quez Watkins.

On 11/15/2022 at 5:14 AM, xxeaglesfanxx said:

He’s been nearly invisible all year. Last night was probably his best game but that fumble cost them. You gotta know the situation and hold onto the ball.

Best game? He fumbled game away.

On 11/15/2022 at 8:18 AM, Portyansky said:

You obviously never played football before.

The ball was about 10yd short and 10yds to the right where it should have been. Not sure if it was due to wind or Hurts trying to lead him towards the right. The catch was fantastic. Just what happened after wasn't. He didn't secure the ball properly thought the DB was further behind him. DB made a great play after the catch. They get paid too you know...

Watkins still can't fumble in that spot. No excuses.

On 11/15/2022 at 2:05 PM, Talonblood said:

He falls to the ground to avoid taking a hit. He see's and feels ghosts. He wants no part of physical contact, so he always falls to the ground.

If that's really true, he doesn't deserve to be on Eagles.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, gameshowfan91 said:

Which is why he needs to be benched to clean up his act. This stuff can't happen in Playoffs. Yeah, I'm mad at Quez Watkins.

I wouldn't shed tears if they tried another WR3. I don't hate him, but....

56 minutes ago, gameshowfan91 said:

Which is why he needs to be benched to clean up his act. This stuff can't happen in Playoffs. Yeah, I'm still mad at Quez Watkins.

Read my last 2 sentences 

On 11/15/2022 at 8:50 PM, EagleVA said:

Quez, unfortunately he didn't go to 'Bama, no favoritism. 

No, Quez just isn’t nearly as good of a receiver. You could poll 32 NFL GMs and ask if they’d rather have Smith or Watkins, and all 32 are taking Smith. It isn’t even close. 

• Like 6

I like Quez. He could probably be a good WR2, but we already have 2 better WRs. Our WR3 doesn't get a lot of looks because we don't pass as much as other teams and have one of the most efficient pass catching TEs. I'd like to see him get used a little bit more.

• Like 3

Idk I’ve never seen anything from him that makes me think he must play. If you’re a deep that and can’t track the deep ball in stride then your biggest strength is already countered. He might be fast but you need more than that. 

They should be looking at Odell or Fuller depth for the 3rd WR. 

Yes, Quez put the ball on the ground.  But before he did that, he got open and he made the catch.

I still believe in Quez.

• Like 4

On 11/15/2022 at 2:26 PM, bigdog54 said:

Played all the way through college you idiot. The tape doesn’t lie it speaks for itself. 

No name calling monkey spank

• Haha 1

On 11/15/2022 at 11:11 AM, EagleVA said:

Tyreek Hill was a 5th round pick.....seems to me what round a player was drafted doesn't mean much, I mean, I'm not at all impressed with 1st round pick Devonta Smith, as far as I'm concerned he should be a 4th receiver.

Tyreek was a 5th round pick due to off the field concerns. And those resurfaced while in the NFL. He was a 1st round talent without any off field concerns.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Devaster said:

Tyreek was a 5th round pick due to off the field concerns. And those resurfaced while in the NFL. He was a 1st round talent without any off field concerns.

Here's a quick search I did for successful late round picks at WR

Charlie Joiner – 4th

Steve Largent – 4th

Joe Horn – 5th

Stevie Johnson – 7th

Marques Colston – 7th

Harold Carmichael – 7th

Dwight Clark – 10th

Jackie Smith – 10th

Shannon Sharpe – 7th

Raymond Berry – 20th

Miles Austin – UDFA

Victor Cruz – UDFA

Wayne Chrebet – UDFA

Wes Welker – UDFA

Rod Smith - UDFA

3 hours ago, EagleVA said:

Charlie Joiner – 4th

Steve Largent – 4th

Joe Horn – 5th

Stevie Johnson – 7th

Marques Colston – 7th

Harold Carmichael – 7th

Dwight Clark – 10th

Jackie Smith – 10th

Shannon Sharpe – 7th

Raymond Berry – 20th

Miles Austin – UDFA

Victor Cruz – UDFA

Wayne Chrebet – UDFA

Wes Welker – UDFA

Rod Smith - UDFA

And typically there is a reason that really talented players go late in a draft or go undrafted.

11 hours ago, EagleVA said:

Charlie Joiner – 4th

Steve Largent – 4th

Joe Horn – 5th

Stevie Johnson – 7th

Marques Colston – 7th

Harold Carmichael – 7th

Dwight Clark – 10th

Jackie Smith – 10th

Shannon Sharpe – 7th

Raymond Berry – 20th

Miles Austin – UDFA

Victor Cruz – UDFA

Wayne Chrebet – UDFA

Wes Welker – UDFA

Rod Smith - UDFA

Now post how many failures there have been in those later rounds. The number is far, FAR higher. 

On 11/18/2022 at 4:06 PM, olsilverhair said:

No name calling monkey spank

Monkey spank? No reason to get personal here. Idiot is a generic name monkey spank is so personal. 

Quez looked better today. He didn’t go to the Ground after the catch that was a good start! 

14 hours ago, nipples said:

Now post how many failures there have been in those later rounds. The number is far, FAR higher. 

I was thinking more along the lines of posting how many failure there has been  in the early rounds, I'm sure that number is FAR higher also.

4 hours ago, NOTW said:

Quez with a big TD catch today. 

I believe you'd see a lot more big catches if Hurts would do a better job of going through is progressions reading the field,  if he can't do that then call plays where Quez is his primary read, as it stands now his targets are entirely too low.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Talonblood said:

Q is ok. Redeemed himself for that fumble. All is forgiven.

Not yet for me.

• Haha 2