Quez Watkins

bigdog54

What is with this forcing the ball to Quez on those lateral runs? I mean I don't think he's particularly elusive. He's fast but not necessarily quick. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, weko said:

Years ago skill position players in high school saw that RBs didn't get the 2nd contract in the NFL and the best have all switched to WR.  Every year there are 4-5 rounds of WRs in the draft that can play in the league.  Speed WRs can be had in the 3rd and 4th rounds, so this kid will be easy to replace should the FO determine there are better options in April.

He seems to be getting better. I recognize his limitations as a player, but I want to root for him. 

17 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

So is Watkins still better than Smith in your opinion or have you finally saw reason? 

He's a better deep threat, btw, Smith isn't that great of runner with the ball in his hands either.

10 hours ago, EagleVA said:

He's a better deep threat, btw, Smith isn't that great of runner with the ball in his hands either.

Smith is an outstanding young player who is only getting better. Some are calling these two the best Eagles duo ever. Quez is not better than Smith. 

11 hours ago, EagleVA said:

Translation: Quez is fazzzzzt!

• Haha 1

On 12/19/2022 at 7:57 PM, EagleVA said:

I have no idea why you refuse to acknowledge Smith and all the things he brings to the team. 

I like Quez too --- just not after an interception.

21 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

I have no idea why you refuse to acknowledge Smith and all the things he brings to the team. 

Some people get so locked into an against-the-grain opinion that they hold onto it tighter the more backlash they get right until it crashes and burns; it’s an odd phenomenon.

There’s a dude on the cowboys forum who still insists Dallas made a mistake by not moving up to get Wentz in the 2016 draft. Every Dak topic turns into “…Well if we had Wentz…”, which only gets funnier as Carson gets worse year after year

• Like 2

1 hour ago, brkmsn said:

Because with EagleVA it’s all about speed. A fast WR is always better than one with average speed, regardless of any other actual WR skills. 

18 minutes ago, nipples said:

Because with EagleVA it’s all about speed. A fast WR is always better than one with average speed, regardless of any other actual WR skills. 

Dude, you didn't know, Quez is the best WR on the team, speeeeeeeeeeeeeedzzzzzzzzzzz

On 12/19/2022 at 6:27 PM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

What is with this forcing the ball to Quez on those lateral runs? I mean I don't think he's particularly elusive. He's fast but not necessarily quick. 

lets keep running that awful play over and over and over and over, it doesnt work andy reid, I mean siri

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, nipples said:

Because with EagleVA it’s all about speed. A fast WR is always better than one with average speed

I wouldn't say it's all about speed but it surely helps, just ask Slay why he had such a hard time with McLaurin, I'm thinking that was a job for Bradberry.

Just as important as speed is running ability a WR posses, both Watkins and Smith come up short when it comes to RAC. 

14 hours ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

Some people get so locked into an against-the-grain opinion

You mean some people don't do the group think thing?

14 hours ago, brkmsn said:

I could just as easily post videos of Smith's inability to separate from corners while running deep and his lack of RAC, so next time save your videos, I don't watch them, I've seen the games and I well aware of what skills he brings to the table and they're not #1 receiver skills........swing and a miss,......he struck him out!!

On 12/20/2022 at 9:39 AM, EazyEaglez said:

Smith is an outstanding young player who is only getting better. Some are calling these two the best Eagles duo ever. Quez is not better than Smith. 

I wouldn't call him outstanding, serviceable is the best I can do.  Think about it, if he were on the Dolphins, Chiefs, or Bengals he'd be riding the pine and I'm sure there are other teams where the best he could do is the 3rd WR. 

6 hours ago, EagleVA said:

I wouldn't call him outstanding, serviceable is the best I can do.  Think about it, if he were on the Dolphins, Chiefs, or Bengals he'd be riding the pine and I'm sure there are other teams where the best he could do is the 3rd WR. 

He’d start for the Chiefs and in fact he’d be their second option behind Kelce. His numbers aren’t that far off from Waddle with the Dolphins, and his numbers are comparable to both Bengals receivers staters and that’s considering the fact Smith is in a system that runs far more than most. The funniest thing here is you said he couldn’t start for three friggin teams in the NFL (only three) and one of them you’re completely wrong about. How can you call someone "serviceable” who even by your ridiculous standards (I’ll even use your wrong three) he could start for 29 NFL teams?  

8 hours ago, EagleVA said:

I could just as easily post videos of Smith's inability to separate from corners while running deep and his lack of RAC, so next time save your videos, I don't watch them, I've seen the games and I well aware of what skills he brings to the table and they're not #1 receiver skills........swing and a miss,......he struck him out!!

It's super easy for me to post videos. In fact, it's no trouble at all. Please share those videos. I will watch them.

So you didn't even watch the ones with Quez where he jogged through a deep route that led to an INT and then instead of putting a hand on the guy that was laying on the ground, jumped over him, careful not to so much as touch him so he would be down by contact, or the other INT where he was literally stopped and standing right next to the defender and just watched him get up and start running?

Again, I like Quez and the things he brings to the table, but Smith is eons ahead of him in every coachable aspect of the game. Your "take" on Smith is so inaccurate, it's laughable. Yards after contact is a RB stat, receivers have yards after catch and Smith is among the NFL leaders at WR. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

It's super easy for me to post videos. In fact, it's no trouble at all. Please share those videos. I will watch them.

So you didn't even watch the ones with Quez where he jogged through a deep route that led to an INT and then instead of putting a hand on the guy that was laying on the ground, jumped over him, careful not to so much as touch him so he would be down by contact, or the other INT where he was literally stopped and standing right next to the defender and just watched him get up and start running?

Again, I like Quez and the things he brings to the table, but Smith is eons ahead of him in every coachable aspect of the game. Your "take" on Smith is so inaccurate, it's laughable. Yards after contact is a RB stat, receivers have yards after catch and Smith is among the NFL leaders at WR. 

I like Quez too, but his poor route against the Bears completely caused that interception. Smith made a huge block on two guys to help spring Sanders for that huge run in the second half was major. Quez doesn’t look particularly fast unless he’s basically running go routes. He really needs to develop some kind of elusiveness, because go routes in the NFL aren’t enough. 

9 hours ago, EagleVA said:

You mean some people don't do the group think thing?

There’s a difference between avoiding mob mentality and picking something counterintuitive just for the sake of it

8 hours ago, EagleVA said:

There are 64 starting WR in the NFL. Smith is 15th in receptions and 16th in receiving yards. The stats alone indicate that he’s a #1 WR for half the teams in the league. 

18 hours ago, EagleVA said:

Serviceable? Are you kidding? Serviceable. He's putting up near enough WR #1 stats on an offense with a 1000 yard WR, 1000 yard RB and a QB who could have rushed for 1000 yards. Oh not to mention a TE who was on for 1000 yards too.

• Thanks 1

On 12/22/2022 at 7:04 AM, EazyEaglez said:

He’d start for the Chiefs and in fact he’d be their second option behind Kelce. His numbers aren’t that far off from Waddle with the Dolphins, and his numbers are comparable to both Bengals receivers staters and that’s considering the fact Smith is in a system that runs far more than most. The funniest thing here is you said he couldn’t start for three friggin teams in the NFL (only three) and one of them you’re completely wrong about. How can you call someone "serviceable” who even by your ridiculous standards (I’ll even use your wrong three) he could start for 29 NFL teams?  

Get real about Smith, he was the 3rd best receiver his last year at 'Bama.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, EagleVA said:

Get real about Smith, he was the 3rd best receiver his last year at 'Bama.

There’s no way you believe all the nonsense you spew about Devonta. Dude is on pace for 86 catches and about 1100 yards. But he’s just a #3… ok :lol:

On 12/22/2022 at 12:01 AM, EagleVA said:

wow, do you have any idea how stupid you are

• Haha 2

On 12/21/2022 at 9:01 PM, EagleVA said:

Ironic GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

37 minutes ago, nipples said:

There’s no way you believe all the nonsense you spew about Devonta. 

Well, I mean.....................................