Quez Watkins

bigdog54

IMO, if Hurts can't (or won't) get to his 3rd progression, it doesn't matter who the third WR is.......for Watkins and Zaccheus to 15 receptions and a little over 200 yards this year is pathetic.  But is it them, or is Hurts not seeing them?

Personally, I think Hurts isn't going thru his progression fast enough....

54 minutes ago, birdman#12 said:

IMO, if Hurts can't (or won't) get to his 3rd progression, it doesn't matter who the third WR is.......for Watkins and Zaccheus to 15 receptions and a little over 200 yards this year is pathetic.  But is it them, or is Hurts not seeing them?

The problem is play design. Everything is so slow to develop that there’s only even time for two reads max on most plays. 

Every play is either a bunch of routes down the field, or a screen pass. There’s nothing in between where they just get some quick hitters across the middle. AJ is damn near unstoppable on slants and they barely ever throw them. It’s maddening. 

With that said, Quez does indeed suck and shouldn’t even see the field. OZ should have more targets than he does though. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, birdman#12 said:

I agree. Hurts is also flushing himself out of a clean pocket at the slightest bit of pressure on the tackles, running toward the sideline and tosses it out of bounds. Vick did the exact same thing. Hurts isnt as bad, still.

12 hours ago, birdman#12 said:

Last season, Hurts would just take off and rush by himself.  He always trust his legs and did not need to go thru progression.  This season, the coaches make him look for play downfield.  He would roll out and keep looking, but quite often, just threw it away.  Either he does not read and analyze the situations fast enough or can't make good decision.  He can't be fixed during the season.  Maybe they would just let him take off and run, like last season, in the playoff.    

While it's true they don't target a 3rd WR much anyway - Quez, Oz and Jones are close in targets - Oz has better production and when his number is called is giving effort and making plays.  Fans are done with Watkins not fighting for the ball and drops.

They lose nothing by cutting Watkins and giving his targets to Oz.

A lot of fans do have too high an expectation of the kind of production this offense will even give to a 3rd WR, but even with what they have Oz outperforms Watkins.  

WR Targets.PNG

16 hours ago, Penn7980 said:

let him take off and run, like last season, in the playoff. 

I would like the running QB to be 100% by the playoffs, and have him run in the playoffs.

2 hours ago, Random Reglar said:

I would like the running QB to be 100% by the playoffs, and have him run in the playoffs.

I think that’s the only way they win - hopefully they are saving his health for the playoffs. 

8 hours ago, NOTW said:

While it's true they don't target a 3rd WR much anyway - Quez, Oz and Jones are close in targets - Oz has better production and when his number is called is giving effort and making plays.  Fans are done with Watkins not fighting for the ball and drops.

A lot of fans do have too high an expectation of the kind of production this offense will even give to a 3rd WR, but even with what they have Oz outperforms Watkins.  

WR Targets.PNG

Let’s be honest here. Who wouldn’t throw to Brown, Smith, or Goedert over OZ, Over the hill Jones, and completely inept Watkins? These guys just aren’t legit enough options. "Getting to your third or fourth read” when those guys are bottom feeders isn’t a good play. If the choice is to throw the ball to Quez Watkins and all of the likely negative scenarios that generally result when you do or run, I believe Jalen running is the better option. 

17 hours ago, NOTW said:

WR Targets.PNG

Almost all of OZ’s production has come from off script scramble drills where he ran to the right place.  Don’t get me wrong; I think he should be getting 100% of the WR 3 snaps at this point.  I’m just saying that he sucks too.  He has a small catch radius and doesn’t get open with his routes.  

But Quez and Julio are worse than that.  To be honest, I’d rank them as OZ —> Covey (based on 1 snap) —> Quez —> Julio

1 hour ago, eagle45 said:

Almost all of OZ’s production has come from off script scramble drills where he ran to the right place.  Don’t get me wrong; I think he should be getting 100% of the WR 3 snaps at this point.  I’m just saying that he sucks too.  He has a small catch radius and doesn’t get open with his routes.  

But Quez and Julio are worse than that.  To be honest, I’d rank them as OZ —> Covey (based on 1 snap) —> Quez —> Julio

OZ has been great blocking at the WR position. Love seeing him hold blocks downfield when another player is getting the ball.

6 hours ago, LacesOut said:

Nevermind. I heard false information. 

Hasn’t happened, but when the team goes from making you the 3rd wr to giving you one snap it doesn’t bode well for your future with the team just like what happened to Barnett. If he ends up a healthy scratch against the Cardinals he’s in trouble. 

On 12/27/2023 at 7:25 PM, brkmsn said:

I'd say it's safe to say he's gone after the season. But I'm not convinced the Eagles have any plans to utilize a WR3 and even if they do, it won't be to the standard the fans expect for a WR3. 

Bring back Avant lol. At least he was clutch on third downs 😂

After this game with the 3rd WR catching two touchdowns so far and no sight of this bum I think it’s safe to say the Eagles it’s more about Quez and less about the third WR. 

Don’t think he saw the field at all this week. But he will next week now because of Smitty being hurt.

7 hours ago, xxeaglesfanxx said:

Don’t think he saw the field at all this week. But he will next week now because of Smitty being hurt.

I can already see the ball ripped out his hands for an interception. 

On 1/1/2024 at 12:39 AM, EazyEaglez said:

I can already see the ball ripped out his hands for an interception. 

How many targets does he get today with Smitty out? Or do they still not play him and go with Jones & Z over him?

4 hours ago, xxeaglesfanxx said:

How many targets does he get today with Smitty out? Or do they still not play him and go with Jones & Z over him?

Too many. 

On 12/28/2023 at 8:53 PM, EagleMatt said:

I agree. Hurts is also flushing himself out of a clean pocket at the slightest bit of pressure on the tackles, running toward the sideline and tosses it out of bounds. Vick did the exact same thing. Hurts isnt as bad, still.

Clean pocket? Are u even watching the blowout right now? There's been pressure the entire first half! 

8 minutes ago, MF POON said:

Clean pocket? Are u even watching the blowout right now? There's been pressure the entire first half! 

No i'm out of town

He caught a TD! 

• Haha 1

Clearly Smith and Brown are special players and should be the regular starters. Quez simply is a better fit on the outside than in the slot. So as a backup to Smith and/or Brown, I think he adds solid depth. Should he be a regular slot receiver? Probably not. The way the Eagles utilize the slot receiver, maybe it really doesn't matter. But playing mostly on the outside today, he was a high volume target and was competent / productive (8-93-1 on 11 targets). He finishes the regular season with no drops. 

I think the fact that he was productive in place of Smith today combined with the fact that all the slot WRs' production combined was minimal prove that it has more to do with Sirianni's philosophy than the players we use there. Even Covey, IMO, can be a productive slot receiver if we utilized that position as a regular target. 

Best game of the season today. I like how he waved at the fans after his td when his team was getting blown out. Real cool 👍