Quez Watkins

bigdog54

2 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Agreed. All three of them haven’t been much of a help. It really hurts not to have Goedert. Now that he’s down Quez has an opportunity to show up. Let’s see if he does. 

Did I miss something bud? Quez is on IR and they haven’t opened his practice window. I don’t think he’s coming back.

12 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Did I miss something bud? Quez is on IR and they haven’t opened his practice window. I don’t think he’s coming back.

• Sad 1

On 11/23/2023 at 1:40 PM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Oh damn it! Don’t bring this absolute waster back. Please don’t do it.

It has been done.

IMG_9265.jpeg

4 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

What a mistake. What a waste of a roster spot that is.

Bc OZ and JJ have been such a huge help? Watkins speed simply running post routes will open up the field for everyone else. 

3 hours ago, Portyansky said:

Bc OZ and JJ have been such a huge help? Watkins speed simply running post routes will open up the field for everyone else. 

What a waste of speed because he damn sure doesn't use to his or our advantage

9 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

What a mistake. What a waste of a roster spot that is.

Right now, he's the 3rd best WR on the team. What does that say about Jones and Oz?

3 hours ago, Heavywchamp said:

What a waste of speed because he damn sure doesn't use to his or our advantage

Agreed, but teams still need to pay attention to it and it helps open up other things.

#3 WR is a hole on this team. Its a spot where someone needs to step up be it Julio or OZ or Quez, particularly untill Goedert is back. Doesn't need to be huge focus but just someone who can take a little bit of the D's attention away from Brown and Smith, and make a few plays when one-on-one.

I dont care who it is but so far this year neither of those 3 have inspired a whole lot of confidence. 

6 hours ago, brkmsn said:

Right now, he's the 3rd best WR on the team. What does that say about Jones and Oz?

No, he isn’t. Both OZ and Julio are better.  

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, nipples said:

No, he isn’t. Both OZ and Julio are better.  

OZ has both his TDs on scramble drills, that's a positive in his favor. 

I just wonder if any of the Twinkle Toes defenders thinks their guy would have made that catch in the end zone.

On 11/26/2023 at 1:59 PM, brkmsn said:

Qualify your statement. In what way is he the third best receiver on this team when he made zero receptions in his big return game? 

On 11/23/2023 at 1:40 PM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Oh damn it! Don’t bring this absolute waster back. Please don’t do it.

Another guy who just hasn’t amounted to much. Can we say that a 6th round pick hasn’t lived up to his potential? Well I expect late round picks to ba able to play special teams at least and this dude can’t even do that so maybe.

• Like 1

I missed a few plays yesterday, but was Quez even active for the game? If so, did he have any snaps?  OZ has contributed more in 2 big moments than Quez has in his entire time here.  I know it's fun to rag on Watkins, but I really would love for the guy to prove all of us doubters wrong.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Another guy who just hasn’t amounted to much. Can we say that a 6th round pick hasn’t lived up to his potential? Well I expect late round picks to ba able to play special teams at least and this dude can’t even do that so maybe.

I mean he’s made some plays. I wouldn’t call him a bust but they really shouldn’t be looking to bring him back. They need to move on.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I mean he’s made some plays. I wouldn’t call him a bust but they really shouldn’t be looking to bring him back. They need to move on.

They need to move on now to help the D. Any one of Suh, Leonard, or Marcus Peters could help the D in a limited way and contribute more than Watkins.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, MF POON said:

I missed a few plays yesterday, but was Quez even active for the game? If so, did he have any snaps?  OZ has contributed more in 2 big moments than Quez has in his entire time here.  I know it's fun to rag on Watkins, but I really would love for the guy to prove all of us doubters wrong.

TBH I think everyone would rather these guys pull a Jalen and prove the doubters wrong than to keep watching guys like Quez and Barnett do the opposite. No one loves ripping the players. Step up and go get it done. OZ in reality hasn’t been much all season, but he’s been in the end zone twice now and has made catches I doubt Quez would. Jones has mostly been a non factor, but he scored a TD with coverage all around him, again something I doubt Quez would. Quez was active in this game. He did play, but he didn’t contribute much of anything. To put it into perspective only two snaps separated OZ and Quez this week, but one guy made the most of his opportunities while the other stayed invisible. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

He’s made some plays mostly three years ago on a team that had Reagor as a receiver. It’s like Fulgham. Yeah he also made some plays for a little while, but does that mean he was good? I can think of one play Quez has made in three years. 

• Like 1