Quez Watkins

bigdog54

4 hours ago, MF POON said:

I missed a few plays yesterday, but was Quez even active for the game? If so, did he have any snaps?  OZ has contributed more in 2 big moments than Quez has in his entire time here.  I know it's fun to rag on Watkins, but I really would love for the guy to prove all of us doubters wrong.

I believe he "started" the game. He didn't get a lot of snaps (16). I'm not sure if that was the plan or if the hamstring was still an issue. Jones got the bulk of the snaps (47) and Oz had 18. Oz had the big TD catch, but Jones caught 1 pass for 0 yards on 3 targets. Quez , if I recall was only a limited participant in practice last week, so they're probably working him in slowly until everybody is confident he's 100%.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

I just wonder if any of the Twinkle Toes defenders thinks their guy would have made that catch in the end zone.

He wouldn't even have a chance to make that catch... No way he has the smarts to even get into that position 🤣 Quez is awful 

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, MF POON said:

I missed a few plays yesterday, but was Quez even active for the game? If so, did he have any snaps?  OZ has contributed more in 2 big moments than Quez has in his entire time here.  I know it's fun to rag on Watkins, but I really would love for the guy to prove all of us doubters wrong.

16 snaps.  Oz had 18, Jones 47, Brown 62, Smith 65

https://www.nbcsportsphiladelphia.com/nfl/philadelphia-eagles/eagles-snap-counts-defense-played-how-many-against-the-bills/548473/

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Quez hyping himself up like he about to go off for 10 catches, 120 yards and a TD. :lol:

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, NOTW said:

Quez hyping himself up like he about to go off for 10 catches, 120 yards and a TD. :lol:

Sweater seems fitting because the only way he’s making a catch is if no one else is around him. 

• 2 weeks later...

Lock it up. Suckage confirmed.... AGAIN. Not elite. Can't even run decoy routes. The whole stretch the field thing... lol... yeah he doesn't do that. Too lazy.

Just about everytime I see the ball go in Quez’ direction and Quez fails to be a competent, professional wr, I’m reminded of the moron @EagleVA who seriously believed that Quez was secretly so good that the eagles offense should have "a Quez Day” to get him going. 

A Fing "Quez Day”. 

jfc. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Talonblood said:

Why is he still on the team....

because Howie is an idiot. He has no upside and played a key role in every loss including super bowl :facepalm:

• Haha 1

To be fair to Quez, DB's are allowed to mug him and he doesn't get the calls that Brown, or Smith would get. That INT vs Seattle was a clear DPI that should've been called lol. The ball was also underthrown as Hurts didn't step into it. Even in saying all that, I still think he's not a good WR 😄

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Talonblood said:

Because he's fast!!!!!! He does get DPI'd a lot of times, but, because he's trash, the Refs don't call it for him.

:groovy:

Damn, on that Seattle highlight, the Eagles had an RB wide open in the middle of the field for a gain of maybe 4-7 yards. But what does Hero Ball Jalen do? Heave the underthrown pass to a sheet WR 40 yards down the field. SMH. Hurts just is 'off' this season.

2 minutes ago, LacesOut said:

Damn, on that Seattle highlight, the Eagles had an RB wide open in the middle of the field for a gain of maybe 4-7 yards. But what does Hero Ball Jalen do? Heave the underthrown pass to a sheet WR 40 yards down the field. SMH. Hurts just is 'off' this season.

You didn't hear Sirianni's press conference? Apparently their plan was to get a dpi :roll:

But yes, unfortunately hurts and company don't take what the defense gives them and tries to force things.

3 hours ago, Talonblood said:

Exactly.  Just cut him.  Play OZ more.  Use the open roster spot to sign Ertz (he couldn’t possibly contribute less … could he?).  More multiple TE sets, shoot play Ertz in the slot.  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Exactly.  Just cut him.  Play OZ more.  Use the open roster spot to sign Ertz (he couldn’t possibly contribute less … could he?).  More multiple TE sets, shoot play Ertz in the slot.  

I don't care if they cut Quez, Oz and Jones and replace them with Thrash or Pinkston, so long as they actual game plan to use them as targets. Demanding we cut a player because he's not used is par for course around here. It's not the player, it's the scheme. Whoever we put in there is going to be among the bottom of the league in yards per route run. The fact that Jones is on the list too just demonstrates that. Cut Quez, sign Ertz, play him in the slot and see him get around 0.2 yards per route run. Will that make you guys feel better?

I knew as soon as that DB got away with the DPI and caught the pass that the Anti-Quez mob would be absolutely giddy this week. While I totally disagree with the idea of cutting him to make irrational fans mad, I hope after the season he latches on with a team that actually uses all the receivers that play.  We simply don't use a WR3 and our offense unsurprisingly is a topic of disgust amongst the fan base. Let's get rid of the guy that has been targeted only 10 times (7 receptions) --- that will fix everything!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

I don't care if they cut Quez, Oz and Jones and replace them with Thrash or Pinkston, so long as they actual game plan to use them as targets. Demanding we cut a player because he's not used is par for course around here. It's not the player, it's the scheme. Whoever we put in there is going to be among the bottom of the league in yards per route run. The fact that Jones is on the list too just demonstrates that. Cut Quez, sign Ertz, play him in the slot and see him get around 0.2 yards per route run. Will that make you guys feel better?

I knew as soon as that DB got away with the DPI and caught the pass that the Anti-Quez mob would be absolutely giddy this week. While I totally disagree with the idea of cutting him to make irrational fans mad, I hope after the season he latches on with a team that actually uses all the receivers that play.  We simply don't use a WR3 and our offense unsurprisingly is a topic of disgust amongst the fan base. Let's get rid of the guy that has been targeted only 10 times (7 receptions) --- that will fix everything!

You're STILL defending this guy?  Any attempt to throw his way ends in disaster.  They are morons to keep playing him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mortimer said:

You're STILL defending this guy?  Any attempt to throw his way ends in disaster.  They are morons to keep playing him.

Yep. Out of 10 passes, one was picked off. That's 10 disasters. :sleep:

21 hours ago, MF POON said:

To be fair to Quez, DB's are allowed to mug him and he doesn't get the calls that Brown, or Smith would get. That INT vs Seattle was a clear DPI that should've been called lol. The ball was also underthrown as Hurts didn't step into it. Even in saying all that, I still think he's not a good WR 😄

Ref wasn't in position to see the tug.

• Like 1