Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread - 2024. New Year. Same BS.

Captain F

2 hours ago, Joe Hunter 73 said:

Hold on Kingery is playing, but he had the virus and the media made it seem like he was gone forever yet here he is wow!!!

Kingery himself said he was the sickest he had ever been in his life for almost 2 weeks.... I know you like to downplay the severity of this but don't pretend nothing is happening. 

I could be wrong but I do not think he said that. Maybe he did , nevertheless the media made it seem like he was gone and would not play which is not true

On 7/14/2020 at 9:36 PM, Joe Hunter 73 said:

I could be wrong but I do not think he said that. Maybe he did , nevertheless the media made it seem like he was gone and would not play which is not true

I read about it and never got that sense that he'd be gone and not play. I think you made it seem that way to yourself while reading it.

Can't hit Velazquez or Pivetta, this offense is going to be great <_< and the camera operators need to stop showing foul balls going into the stands

If the Phillies don’t have Spencer howard in the rotation (or even on the team— less likely) it’s ridiculous. I already know pivetta and Velasquez are going to eventually implode. I rather see howard get 12-15 starts this year and let him get some first hand experience in the majors especially since there’s really no minor league this year. Kid was awesome last night. 

I haven't been following this at all. Is Alec Bohm a possibility for this year's team?

57 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

I haven't been following this at all. Is Alec Bohm a possibility for this year's team?

Yeah he is. Likely can use him at 3rd and DH with the DH rule in play. The other problem with him not making the team is there’s no minor leagues going on so if he’s not on the team he’s likely not getting in the work he needs to be ready and consistent for next year. 

3 hours ago, Blazehound said:

So the spring training game today isn’t televised? :thumbdown:

Not even on the mlbtv app?

2 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Not even on the mlbtv app?

Yes it is I think but you have to sign up for MLB.tv, you can get a free trial then cancel.......just checked it is the only game not on TV tonight anywhere :furious:

1 hour ago, Joe Hunter 73 said:

Yes it is I think but you have to sign up for MLB.tv, you can get a free trial then cancel.......just checked it is the only game not on TV tonight anywhere :furious:

What a bunch of crap. Like they should be giving people it for free considering it’s 60 games

Showing first at bat now on MLB network.......mccutcheon whiffs <_<...quinn hit on hand

11 minutes ago, Joe Hunter 73 said:

Showing first at bat now on MLB network.......mccutcheon whiffs <_<...quinn hit on hand

It wouldn’t be Roman Quinn if he didn’t potentially get hurt before we play a regular season game lol. 

3 minutes ago, Joe Hunter 73 said:

Gregorious 3 run homer :groovy:

If didi plays well i wonder if the Phillies would be able to sign him and Realmuto to long term deals. Klentak playing with fire not getting a deal done with Realmuto. Heck he basically pulled a Bill O’Brien. Traded a bunch of capital without getting Realmuto signed long term. Basically gives Realmuto all the leverage cause if he walks you got 1.5 seasons out of him and gave up a great prospect and a catching prospect in Alfaro 

• Like 1

Knocking scherzer around ,even knapp next years starter gets a hit

Scherzer has not looked good this sp..ummer

2 hours ago, Shocker54 said:

I'm not falling for it after they swept the Braves in that 3 gamer to start last year. But the Phils lineup is clearly better than the nationals.

Hard to lose arguably one of the best hitting third baseman in the league in rendon and not see a drop off. 

Didn’t know didi had a kidney disease. I respect him for wearing a mask however having it below your nose isn’t the way to wear it. 

Wearing a mask is to protect others so it isn’t helping him not get it

Kingery had the same at bat I watched 300 times last year. 

Can’t beat a AAA team so far is not a good sign