Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread - 2024. New Year. Same BS.

Captain F

BTW, you're welcome, everyone.  I started watching after Bohm walked to start the bottom of the 8th.  So with my help we outscored the Mets 5-0 and won.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, iladelphxx said:

MUCK THE FETS!!! 

And that's the great thing about this win is that it's a late come-from-behind win vs a division rival.  Hopefully Wheeler has a strong game in his season debut tomorrow and we start off taking the first 2 vs the stinkin' Mets.

Some of my hot takes that are very premature...

1.  Is Nola even going to be a good #2 in a good rotation?

2.  The DH platoon is going to get crowded.  Right now, it's Castellanos.  Realmuto is going to have to DH for several games.  Bohm is probably non-viable at 3rd and eventually needs a move to 1b/DH.  I don't think there is a place for both Bohm and Hoskins in the lineup (and the roster) if other players are already occupying DH.  I think the Phillies are forcing it now on the near impossible chance that Bohm settles in at 3rd...and for the more realistic possibility of getting both bats going and trading one of them for help elsewhere later on.

3.  They really did build a hell of a lineup for only having a select few home-grown bats on the roster.  

Bohm said what he needed to in front of a mic...he can say whatever the hell he wants under his breath, just got unlucky the cameras caught it.  Let it go.

But..his arm action is terrible.  I realize infielders vary arm angles based on where their momentum is taking them as they pursue the ball, but he's consistently submarining it to first.  Even the good throws look terribly awkward and unpredictable.

• Like 1

Bohm has been on base in every at-bat this season.

8 hours ago, Dave Moss said:

Bohm has been on base in every at-bat this season.

Too bad there's not a position that is designated specifically to be a hitter.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TV Guy said:

Too bad there's not a position that is designated specifically to be a hitter.

We need 3-4 of those spots for some of the defensive  butchers on this team. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

If Bohm hates Philly, he’s really gonna hate Allentown.  

But he'll love Erv's.

• Like 1

I have no problem with what Bohm said.  There is a difference between complaining about fans to the media (or even yelling at fans / flipping them off) and having a camera lip read what you said out of emotion and frustration to a teammate.  And he then owned up and apologized.  Move on

Now, I can't move on from his fielding...

• Like 1

He's the thing..... 

There were a ton of Mets fans at the game last night. Especially behind the Mets dugout along the 3B line. 

I bet a majority of the people busting his balls were Mets fans.

4 hours ago, nipples said:

We need 3-4 of those spots for some of the defensive  butchers on this team. 

At some point they are gonna have to either trade bohm or hoskins. Not going to be able to keep bohm at third with his fielding issues. He can either be DH or 1b. Can’t be at third. Schwerber at the moment can play Lf and DH. Ditto for castellanos. Hoskins like bohm needs to be DH or 1b. It comes down to do you want to pay hoskins big money when his arbitration runs out after next year at 30. If bohm hits like they thought when they drafted him the cheaper alternative might be deal hoskins this offseason for pitching and move him to first. 

34 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

At some point they are gonna have to either trade bohm or hoskins. Not going to be able to keep bohm at third with his fielding issues. He can either be DH or 1b. Can’t be at third. Schwerber at the moment can play Lf and DH. Ditto for castellanos. Hoskins like bohm needs to be DH or 1b. It comes down to do you want to pay hoskins big money when his arbitration runs out after next year at 30. If bohm hits like they thought when they drafted him the cheaper alternative might be deal hoskins this offseason for pitching and move him to first. 

Trade Hoskins for a 3b and spend the saved money <if there is any> on relief pitching. 

21 minutes ago, What The F said:

Trade Hoskins for a 3b and spend the saved money <if there is any> on relief pitching. 

Not sure how great of a 3b you are gonna get for hoskins who can only play first or DH. Plus needs a new contract. I feel like third base is a much more coveted position especially one that can hit like hoskins and fields well.