Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread - 2024. New Year. Same BS.

Captain F

Nice that Suarez every time he gets to the 4th inning now completely forgets how to freaking pitch. 

5 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Nice that Suarez every time he gets to the 4th inning now completely forgets how to freaking pitch. 

Yup. He looks very good the first few innings and then just unravels.

6 minutes ago, John Blutarski said:

Yup. He looks very good the first few innings and then just unravels.

I think he’s just done. He’s at a career high innings. He has been this way the last 3 starts. He will be fine for 3-4 innings then just hit a wall. At this point they have to go with him still. But i think he’s just likely isnt giving you much. It’s why i really wanted them to get a front line of the rotation guy at the deadline if they could. Tbh i think Suarez is a 3 but if he has this issue late in the year next year too then you really can’t rely on him. Could really use eflin back tbh. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, GoEagles5921 said:

Such a pathetic loser team.  

Saving their energy for the stretch run

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

Saving their energy for the stretch run

I’m sure they’ll go on a run just to finish the season 1 game out of the playoffs.

• Sad 2

3 minutes ago, GoEagles5921 said:

I’m sure they’ll go on a run just to finish the season 1 game out of the playoffs.

You know it :flex:, starts now!!

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Blazehound said:

Robertson is ass again but WTF did Thomson leave him in for 41 pitches? The guy is close to social security.

Robertson is good, but not for 2 innings…

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Blazehound said:

Robertson is ass again but WTF did Thomson leave him in for 41 pitches? The guy is close to social security.

20 minutes ago, Dave Moss said:

Robertson is good, but not for 2 innings…

The fact that they sent him out for a second inning is beyond stupid. He can’t do it. How many times do you have to see him have the same issue when the second inning is pitching? I like Thomson but this week he has had so many **** managerial decisions that may play the Phillies out of the playoffs.

I talked about in game one against the Diamondbacks they’re stealing bases for no reason at that time. bumgarner had been terrible and you could hit him so no need to even run yourself out of a potential big inning. The use of his bullpen has been horrific this week. Granted it’s not all him because the starters only Bailey falter got to the fifth inning. That’s pathetic.

• Like 1

Hate to be that guy but I’m starting to wonder if Harper is a real dope in the clubhouse.  Nats won it all after he left, Phillies played the best they have all season without him, and have been awful since he’s been back.  Really hope that’s not the case…There are many other issues with this team right now but makes you wonder.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, GoEagles5921 said:

Hate to be that guy but I’m starting to wonder if Harper is a real dope in the clubhouse.  Nats won it all after he left, Phillies played the best they have all season without him, and have been awful since he’s been back.  Really hope that’s not the case…There are many other issues with this team right now but makes you wonder.

Tbh I think the bigger issue right now is their starting pitching and bullpen is just absolutely awful. This road trip they had one starter go five innings or more. And it was Bailey Falter. I am not sure the last time I’ve seen 6 games where only one starting pitcher got to the fifth inning. Add on the starting pitchers on this road trip pitched 24 innings and gave up 24 ERs. The average start on this road trip was 4 innings and giving up 4ERs.

There’s multiple things going on with this rotation. I think Suarez is just done at this point. The innings caught up to him. You see around the 4th he just loses controls and can’t get enough velocity to put guys away. syndergaard and gibson are what they are. They are hit or miss depending on the start. Nola has always had issues in September. I don’t think Zack Wheeler is coming back this season. When you start having inflammation of your forearm it usually is stemming from your elbow. Which scares me that he might have more damage than they’re leading on and he might be in the position where they’re going to try to correct it like they did with Dominguez instead of just making him get the surgery from the start. 

I don’t know what the hell happened to the bullpen. knebel got injured and Dominguez got injured then everyone else in the bullpen has decided they forgot how to pitch. This road trip was as bad for them as well. They pitched 26 innings and gave up 20 ERs. Furthermore we are making stupid decisions to use Robertson for two innings. He can’t do it anymore. He’s fine for one. the bullpen really doesn’t have anyone besides Robertson for an inning that you can trust right now. 

I think the offense is gonna be fine. They’re gonna have these games were they are feast and famine because that’s who they are. I’m not so sure the pitching staff is gonna correct itself. 

I would say it’s Harper if the Phillies didn’t have the same issue even before they got Bryce Harper. Seems like it’s just not that great of a core and they can’t avoid injuries. 

the giants series is really where i think you could make the case a collapse is on. Dbacks i can understand losing 2 of 3. They are playing really well since the all star break. They are 25-17. There was no day off when they flew out there. The giants have been atrocious prior to this series. They lost 7 in a row coming into the series and 11 of 13. The team was left for dead and the Phillies just flat out no showed in game one to set the tone for the series 

3 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Tbh I think the bigger issue right now is their starting pitching and bullpen is just absolutely awful. This road trip they had one starter go five innings or more. And it was Bailey Falter. I am not sure the last time I’ve seen 6 games where only one starting pitcher got to the fifth inning. Add on the starting pitchers on this road trip pitched 24 innings and gave up 24 ERs. The average start on this road trip was 4 innings and giving up 4ERs.

There’s multiple things going on with this rotation. I think Suarez is just done at this point. The innings caught up to him. You see around the 4th he just loses controls and can’t get enough velocity to put guys away. syndergaard and gibson are what they are. They are hit or miss depending on the start. Nola has always had issues in September. I don’t think Zack Wheeler is coming back this season. When you start having inflammation of your forearm it usually is stemming from your elbow. Which scares me that he might have more damage than they’re leading on and he might be in the position where they’re going to try to correct it like they did with Dominguez instead of just making him get the surgery from the start. 

I don’t know what the hell happened to the bullpen. knebel got injured and Dominguez got injured then everyone else in the bullpen has decided they forgot how to pitch. This road trip was as bad for them as well. They pitched 26 innings and gave up 20 ERs. Furthermore we are making stupid decisions to use Robertson for two innings. He can’t do it anymore. He’s fine for one. the bullpen really doesn’t have anyone besides Robertson for an inning that you can trust right now. 

I think the offense is gonna be fine. They’re gonna have these games were they are feast and famine because that’s who they are. I’m not so sure the pitching staff is gonna correct itself. 

I would say it’s Harper if the Phillies didn’t have the same issue even before they got Bryce Harper. Seems like it’s just not that great of a core and they can’t avoid injuries. 

the giants series is really where i think you could make the case a collapse is on. Dbacks i can understand losing 2 of 3. They are playing really well since the all star break. They are 25-17. There was no day off when they flew out there. The giants have been atrocious prior to this series. They lost 7 in a row coming into the series and 11 of 13. The team was left for dead and the Phillies just flat out no showed in game one to set the tone for the series 

Yeah the pitching has been bad but they also had plenty of runners on and continually couldn’t get them in.  The offense has been less than spectacular too except 1 game against the Dbacks.  They are bad on all levels right now.

1 hour ago, GoEagles5921 said:

Yeah the pitching has been bad but they also had plenty of runners on and continually couldn’t get them in.  The offense has been less than spectacular too except 1 game against the Dbacks.  They are bad on all levels right now.

Tbh i think their playoff chances depend on the next 9 games vs. marlins and nats. Imo they need to go 6-3 at worse to have a chance at the end. Cause after these 9 they have 7 against atlanta and 2 against Toronto. I imagine with how the pitching is looking and hitting is going that 2-7 over that span isn’t far fetched