Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread - 2024. New Year. Same BS.

Captain F

As much ish as I talk about Nola, when he's on he's on. But he really is jekyll or Hyde. He either has a game like today or he has a game where he implodes after 3 and a half innings. That's why he had so many innings last year, because he CAN go 6-7 innings. He just can't do it consistently which is why 1) he isn't an Ace and 2) the phils shouldn't pay him an Ace salary 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, xzmattzx said:

Apparently a wind delay, whatever that is

spacer.png

8 hours ago, iladelphxx said:

Weird. 

They are horrific with runners in scoring position which causes their 14th ranking in runs scored. Hopefully they can get that worked out real soon. 

Way to go wheeler. Given a 5 run lead and then give 4 back the next half inning. 

• Angry 2

8 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Way to go wheeler. Given a 5 run lead and then give 4 back the next half inning. 

If him and Nola don't get their crap together, this team may finish 4th in the division. Those two have been absolutely wretched so far this season.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, vsptroops said:

If him and Nola don't get their crap together, this team may finish 4th in the division. Those two have been absolutely wretched so far this season.

I said during the off-season my biggest concern with nola and now wheeler is that they have a regression in 2023. like Cole Hamels had the year after they won the World Series in 08. He just wasn’t the same pitcher the following g yesr after throwing deep into October and the extra pitches/innings he threw. and then in 2010 he was much closer to what he look like in 2008 and 2007 regular season. I tend to think the bullpen will get better like it did last year as the season continues. I think they’re going to need a front of the rotation starter at the deadline. They need that anyways because of nola leaves next year and he’s not as good again you have a massive hole.

5 minutes ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

Harrison having a great day

Just came here to post that. Talk about a performance. 3-4, homerun, 4 RBIs 

• Like 1

Bullpen finally looked great. 4 innings of no runs, no hits and 8 Ks. 

• Like 1

Offense gonna get no hit. Would be 3 times in the last year and a month of the season 

also can’t fall falter. Rough start but went 7 innings and gave up just 3 runs. That’s one of our better starts this year 

8 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Offense gonna get no hit. Would be 3 times in the last year and a month of the season 

also can’t fall falter. Rough start but went 7 innings and gave up just 3 runs. That’s one of our better starts this year 

Reverse jinx

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Alright the jinx worked!!! 1 hit. One damn hit! 

• Haha 1

Stott’s streak comes to an end. Amazing there were only 4 hits in this game. 

Way early but Turner has been a huge disappointment

1 hour ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

Way early but Turner has been a huge disappointment

Huge disappointment? Yeah, I wouldn’t go that far. 

1 hour ago, Blazehound said:

Huge disappointment? Yeah, I wouldn’t go that far. 

Yeah before today he was hitting .348 and near .400 OBP. His lack of homeruns has been disappointing. Then again really this entire team has been lacking. Castellanos has 0, stott has 1, schwarber has 4, realmuto has 2, bohm has 3, sosa has 2. Bigger issue with turner is he and stott most of the season have been getting on base. Both were near .400 OBP heading into the DH today. Schwarber, realmuto have really been miserable with RISP before Sunday. The Phillies shouldn’t be 14th in runs if guys brought home stott and Turner with how often they’ve been getting on 

• Like 2