Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread - 2024. New Year. Same BS.

Captain F

34 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Their next 16 games are gonna be telling about this team. They play the 3 best teams in the NL in the dodgers, dbacks and Braves 10 times out of those 16. They should curb stomp the A’s in Oakland for those 3 games. They cap off the 16 games with 3 vs. the Mets who i believe they are 5-18 in their last 23 games against the Mets.  If they go .500 over this stretch I actually think you’d have to consider it a success as the Phillies haven’t played well at Arizona or against the Mets. 

They are already 5-2 in June, let's just assume for arguments sake they sweep the A's making them 8-2.....they then just need to go 12-6 vs. the rest of that schedule with a lot of the "tough" games at Citizens Bank.....no excuses, this is the time to get right, if they are who we hoped they are that is.....

52 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Their next 16 games are gonna be telling about this team. They play the 3 best teams in the NL in the dodgers, dbacks and Braves 10 times out of those 16. They should curb stomp the A’s in Oakland for those 3 games. They cap off the 16 games with 3 vs. the Mets who i believe they are 5-18 in their last 23 games against the Mets.  If they go .500 over this stretch I actually think you’d have to consider it a success as the Phillies haven’t played well at Arizona or against the Mets. 

If the Phillies can end the first half at .500, that would be huge. The second half schedule is much easier. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, NYEagle said:

They are already 5-2 in June, let's just assume for arguments sake they sweep the A's making them 8-2.....they then just need to go 12-6 vs. the rest of that schedule with a lot of the "tough" games at Citizens Bank.....no excuses, this is the time to get right, if they are who we hoped they are that is.....

I think going 12-6 the rest of the month is asking a lot. Playing dodgers for 3 at home. I can see a 2-1. I can even see taking 2 of 3 vs. atlanta. But Phillies have been awful in Arizona over the last 5 years. They are 3-9. Also wouldn’t just assume they sweep the A’s on the road. The Phillies are bad on the road. They are 13-22. And the A’s actually took a series from the Braves at home. Another issue is their 5th starter is a mess and in the next 21 games this month have their 5th starter go 4 more times. Add on the Phillies are dogshit against the Mets. Heck the nationals have had more success than the Phillies vs. Mets recently. Also Phillies have had their own issues against the cubs.  

i think it’s more realistic that you sweep the A’s and go 9-9 in the other 18. 

9 minutes ago, Blazehound said:

If the Phillies can end the first half at .500, that would be huge. The second half schedule is much easier. 

I think to do that they really have to go 8-8 or better in the next 16 games. Cause after these next 16 games before the all star break you have 3 at cubs, 3 vs. nats, 3 at tampa and 3 at marlins. Assuming they go 8-8, if you then go 5-1 agains cubs and nats then you’d be 2 games over going to Tampa and Miami. Just need to go 2-4 in that stretch to finish at .500 for the first half. Their august schedule is primed for the Phillies to get hot. It’s pretty easy part of their schedule with a lot of bad or mediocre teams outside of Toronto and the marlins series to start the month (marlins might tail off by then)

of course strahm giving up a 3 run lead on back to back homers to betts and freeman. 

also don’t get why we aren’t using soto in the 7th, dominguez in the 8th and Alvarado in the 9th to try to secure the win.  

stott might have saved a run there  

JFC  Turner swinging at a strike a foot outside of the plate, stott being ahead of the count 3-1 and striking out on ball 4 and marsh sitting looking at a strike down the middle of the plate for strike 3 are 3 just absolutely pathetic strikeouts all for different reasons 

On 6/9/2023 at 5:53 AM, NYEagle said:

Looking at the schedule in the beginning of June, I thought the Phillies would need to uncork a 20-8 or 21-7 June to really get back into it......looks like they are on their way! 🙂

6-2 😶

• Like 1

Nola just doing nola things. 

Congrats to him on his accomplishment. Giving up a HR in 10 consecutive starts  

• Sad 1

Hopefully he is somewhere else giving up his homers next year

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, John Blutarski said:

Nola giving up his trademark homer

He’s having an 09 Hamels year after that postseason run. In fact currently nola has a 4.41 ERA and hamels had a 4.32 that year. 

Also we’ve complained about turner but jt realmuto has been just as bad hitting .244 with a .290 OBP with 5 HRs and 21 RBIs. Turner has the same average, 7 Hrs and 20 RBIs and slightly lower OBP at .287

• Like 1

Best part of the game may be Thomson getting tossed 

nola blows and so does JT. 

1 hour ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Best part of the game may be Thomson getting tossed 

nola blows and so does JT. 

...and so does Turner

29 minutes ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

...and so does Turner

And so does marsh. No one is talking about it cause Turner, realmuto are bigger names not playing well but since May 1st he’s hitting .193 with a .275 OBP. 

Nola has given up a homer in 10 straight games. 

15 hours ago, GoEagles5921 said:

Again, Nola is useless

they have to restructure the whole pitching rotation and they have to get rid of some hitters on here that arent worth keeping so we can get better pitchers, just buying hitters isnt enough.

Why is Walker coming out at only 83 pitches and retiring the last 7 batters he faced?