Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread - 2024. New Year. Same BS.

Captain F

1 hour ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Nola is an easy tradable asset. The team that trades for him gets high round picks if he walks in FA. I think the issue is he has to be better than what he looks right now otherwise gonna get less than you’d like. So it’d come down to do you like the prospects you are getting back more then potentially the 2 picks you get if he walks in FA. 

right now no one is touching Turner with that contract having 10 years left on it. Frankly don’t see him moved. Realmuto can definitely be moved. He was slow to start last year then second half turned it on. Has 2 years left after this year. Sadly we dealt away hoppe and don’t have a catcher in the farm system. Meaning if you deal him gonna need to draft and develop or get a prospect in a trade 

schwarber has only 2 years left too. Could see a team believing they can help with his swing and make him the player he was last year. Likely a team needing a power hitting DH.

castellanos has 3 years left. But he’s hitting really well this year. I actually think the time to trade him is now to maximize his value. Cause he’s not ultra consistent year to year. 

only bullpen guys i see them dealing would be soto and kimbrel. If they don’t see soto extending here at the end of the year then likely deal him. Kimbrel at that point you wouldn’t need but not sure what his market would be. 

walker got hurt yesterday so don’t know if he’s tradable especially cause he’s not been great this year and years left on that deal.

Sleeper to be traded might be wheeler. He has a year left on his contract and will be 34 next year. If you aren’t extending him after his current deal might want to cash in on him now. 

JT, Nola and Wheeler would fetch a pretty decent haul, plus you’ve cleared a ton of salary for the 2024 offseason.

Schwarber would be tough to move given his struggles and salary. Doubt he moves. Castellanos likely stays too given his contract and years left.

Totally fine moving Kimbrel, and Soto depending on the return.

30 minutes ago, Blazehound said:

JT, Nola and Wheeler would fetch a pretty decent haul, plus you’ve cleared a ton of salary for the 2024 offseason.

Schwarber would be tough to move given his struggles and salary. Doubt he moves. Castellanos likely stays too given his contract and years left.

Totally fine moving Kimbrel, and Soto depending on the return.

I think Schwarber is movable only because he has two years left on that deal. Probably not getting great value back though. But i could see a team believing they can help his swing and that they could use his power in the postseason as a DH. I doubt they move him  

I think Castellanos is interesting. After this year, he only has three years left at 20 million per season. If he hits like he is this year and in 2021 that’s actually not a bad contract. The problem is if he reverts back to being 2022 Castellanos then it’s not a great contract with 3 years left.  If Castellanos can start hitting some home runs, I think his value is going to increase. Because if you can hit around 300 and have power, there’s a lot of teams that are going to give you good prospects for him. Unlike Schwarber, he’s not completely useless as an outfielder. And he doesn’t just rely on power to do his damage. 

Someone needs to get benched, fired, something…this is just embarrassing for a $300m team 

8 minutes ago, GoEagles5921 said:

Someone needs to get benched, fired, something…this is just embarrassing for a $300m team 

Not sure you could bench anybody that have it make a difference. You’re basically using bench at first base and third base. And starting pitching wise, you really can’t do anything because you’re already likely down to starters because Painter hasn’t returned and who the hell knows with walker. If its velocity is down and he’s not hurt, that’s a bigger concern because that means it’s just bad.

The only way this is going to get jumpstarted is if they fire someone. They’re not gonna fire Rob Thomson. So they either firing the pitching coach or they’re gonna have to fire the hitting coach. Based off of how they feel about Kevin long I don’t see them doing that. The pitching coach could definitely be fired. Because there’s issues with the staff this year and nothing is being corrected. So at some point in time if we’re going to fire somebody it needs to be him

Hate to say this because it is Lou Gehrig day but if you have limited money to spend on donations it is a waste to donate to AlLS. Verry little progress made and I don’t see much hope. Maybe watching this garbage tonight has made me xtra negative but that’s what I see. 

Castellanos playing like the postseason Phillies. And the 2023 Phillies playing like 2022 castellanos 

23 minutes ago, GoEagles5921 said:

no accountability, this is what happens when you hire managers that are bad at their jobs, the only manager that was great at it  was charlie manual. he didnt win a chip from Cleveland but his teams were always in the playoffs

The manager should honestly get fired at this point. Dombrowski can’t sit on his hands any longer. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Blazehound said:

The manager should honestly get fired at this point. Dombrowski can’t sit on his hands any longer. 

Caleb cotham deserves to be fired. Tell me what pitcher on this staff has looked good this year? Add on each one of our starters has had an issue so far this year and none of them have corrected it. So what the F is he doing?

• Like 1

Castellanos is a one man wrecking crew 

Of course brogdon blows it with 2 outs in the 8th. This team lol 

I thought Turner would come through there 

3 minutes ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

I thought Turner would come through there 

IMG_7693.jpeg

Harper will end his career in Las Vegas and win a World Series while turner is here hitting 240 every year 

11 hours ago, Blazehound said:

especially with the big contracts that middleton has to pay, he cant afford to have empty seats this year, middleton has to step in at some point.

Rob might be actively trying to get fired with this line up. castellanos should be batting cleanup. I’m not moving him when he’s hitting that well and if i am it’s to switch him and harper. Turner shouldn’t be batting cleanup right now. Then we got Harrison, Ellis and sosa rounding out the bottom of the lineup lol 

Pretty sure turner was stunned when he hit that double with RISP and that it stayed fair 

They actually won a game and they're not in last place! Weeee!

6 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

He won’t be pitching until 2025.  2023 lost.  2024 TJ and recovery.  2025 back in AA progressing through minors as another cautionary tale of Phillies’ top prospects.