Any Johnson and Maddox injury update?

Portyansky

3 hours ago, Swimm said:

IDK but the Eagles need to go to FA and get a CB... Scott is putting this season in jeopardy with how f'ing bad he is. We can't do any worse than him in FA at this point

Cravon le blanc is pimping himself on socials. I’d have him back over Scott 

• Like 8

2 hours ago, eggs said:

But, what if we can afford only one of CJGJ or Bradberry?  I think we should try to get one for sure, but  not sure we can afford both as I suspect they’re looking for long term deals at $8-10 MM per year. I guess the talent we think we can get in the draft at those two positions may be a factor and whether we get enough tape on Blankenship to see if he could be a starter. 

CJ because of his versatility and age (24). Howie needs to find a way. 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, rrfierce said:

Maddox is far better than Scott, but he can’t stay healthy. Seems to miss multiple games each year 

Yeah, I think the FO might need to draft his replacement in the off-season.  Wish we had held on to LeBlanc.

1 hour ago, Philthy Jawn said:

Yeah, I think the FO might need to draft his replacement in the off-season.  Wish we had held on to LeBlanc.

LeBlanc is a free agent currently so if we had any interest in him we could sign him to the practice squad.  Since we haven’t done so I would think there is no interest.  

• Like 1

Maddox is one of those guys who can't stay on the field. When a team finds out it can't depend on your availability....

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Talonblood said:

Maddox is one of those guys who can't stay on the field. When a team finds out it can't depend on your availability....

Just gave him an extension too. Very frustrating to see this guy can’t stay healthy. 

• Like 1

It is early and they may recover soon.  If they can't be go, better to rest Johnson and Maddox for the Saints game, maybe even the finale, and have them ready for the playoff.  The back-up at RT should be fine, may also be OK at the NCB.  We may also have CJBJ back and he could use some snaps to get back in the flow.

Davis is the one that concerns me.  Not that he is a critical piece on DL at this moment, as we have a good rotation of quality players there.  He has been missing some games due to injuries.  He has only been playing a low snap count.  Perhaps he needs more time to adjust to NFL level of power and speed.  Getting stronger should be the goal in the off-season.

Hurts sat out the Cowboys game.  Is he ready to go for the Saints?  If they rest him there, how about the Giants game?  I'd think he needs to get some snaps to prepare for the playoff.

21 minutes ago, Penn7980 said:

It is early and they may recover soon.  If they can't be go, better to rest Johnson and Maddox for the Saints game, maybe even the finale, and have them ready for the playoff.  The back-up at RT should be fine, may also be OK at the NCB.  We may also have CJBJ back and he could use some snaps to get back in the flow.

Davis is the one that concerns me.  Not that he is a critical piece on DL at this moment, as we have a good rotation of quality players there.  He has been missing some games due to injuries.  He has only been playing a low snap count.  Perhaps he needs more time to adjust to NFL level of power and speed.  Getting stronger should be the goal in the off-season.

Hurts sat out the Cowboys game.  Is he ready to go for the Saints?  If they rest him there, how about the Giants game?  I'd think he needs to get some snaps to prepare for the playoff.

I think it makes sense to treat the Saints as a must win.  Lock it all up and wash out the bad taste of the Dallas game.  It gets all cylinders firing (against a tough defense too).  Play everyone that can go.

Then just rest everyone against the Giants.  2 games (3 weeks) of rest isn’t that bad.  3 games and 4 weeks would have been a bit much.

Davis is having a very Marcus Smith / Jerome Mcdougle - like rookie season.  He’s had chances to contribute and the stacked team is no excuse with 2 guys off the street plus Milton Williams ahead of him in both snap count and impact.  He’ll have his chance to change course next year, as one of Cox or Hargrave won’t be here.  His poor showing this year probably will make them overpay either Cox or Hargrave to stay so they don’t turn over both spots.

• Like 1

On 12/24/2022 at 11:02 PM, Road to Victory said:

The Maddox injury really hurt. Scott is terrible and one of the main reasons we lost. 

My head scratcher was why the hell did they have Scott covering ceedee so much? If slay and bradberry are our best players in the secondary why we’re they not glued to their best?

10 minutes ago, BornGreen said:

My head scratcher was why the hell did they have Scott covering ceedee so much? If slay and bradberry are our best players in the secondary why we’re they not glued to their best?

We played a lot of zone.

Our defense on Saturday was a preseason defense.  Vanilla, we showed them nothing.  That was by design.  The Eagles are slotted to play Dallas in the second round.  Dallas will see a different defense and offense.  Hey they still put up 34 with a backup quarterback and half of their running game missing.  Eagles roll them in the playoffs.

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, crazyeagle said:

Our defense on Saturday was a preseason defense.  Vanilla, we showed them nothing.  That was by design.  The Eagles are slotted to play Dallas in the second round.  Dallas will see a different defense and offense.  Hey they still put up 34 with a backup quarterback and half of their running game missing.  Eagles roll them in the playoffs.

No one designs a play where you give up a 3rd and 30.

That's assuming Dallas wins a playoff game.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Portyansky said:

No one designs a play where you give up a 3rd and 30.

That's assuming Dallas wins a playoff game.

They’ll steamroll the Bucs.  Bucs are helpless.

2 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

They’ll steamroll the Bucs.  Bucs are helpless.

Yea, I think so too. But they have an issue with TB12.

1 minute ago, GroundAttack said:

So do the Eagles risk putting Hurts back out there without their best offensive lineman?  

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Hawkeye said:

So do the Eagles risk putting Hurts back out there without their best offensive lineman?  

Gotta hear more this week to see how ready he is. Not nervous yet but if we lose to the Saints….

Lane will probably be in and out Jason Peters style throughout the playoffs.

The musical chairs could sometimes be worse than just having Driscoll know his roll and start from the first series.

I realize I always see the negative side of it, but musical chairs along the OL sucks.

Banking on Lane’s health and availability has been and will continue to be a losing proposition moving forward.

Time to draft an OL high to be RG next year and to bump to RT as is needed (often).

Would a better lineup be Dillard in at Left Tackle, Mailata move to Right? Leave Driscoll as the main backup?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

Lane will probably be in and out Jason Peters style throughout the playoffs.

The musical chairs could sometimes be worse than just having Driscoll know his roll and start from the first series.

I realize I always see the negative side of it, but musical chairs along the OL sucks.

Banking on Lane’s health and availability has been and will continue to be a losing proposition moving forward.

Time to draft an OL high to be RG next year and to bump to RT as is needed (often).

Yes a RG that can best play RT is a huge need along with a DE and a RG if Sem walks

That' 3rd & 30 play really is coming back to haunt us! If they had stopped them on that, I think they would have won the game, and could have rested everyone who needed it for the next 3 weeks...but to be fair, if they hadn't given the ball up on any of those 4 turnovers, they'd have won the game too...but the 3rd & 30 was the biggest kick to the stomach! 😞

Now, they'll have to decide if they risk more injuries to try and get that #1 seed on Sunday...