Any Johnson and Maddox injury update?

Portyansky

2 hours ago, Eagles_ftw said:

Iggles News posted this video regarding Lane and Jalen:

From about 3m into the video til 18 minutes in they cover it.  Someone posted a summary on reddit, so gonna quote that here too:

"For those who can't watch:

Jalen had a grade 2 (did we know this?) SC joint strain. The SC joint is what connects the sternum to the collarbone. To me it sounds like he almost broke that collarbone we are very lucky. Apparently when he played week 18 it was 80-90% healed. With the 2 weeks doc is optimistic he will be 95% on Saturday.

Lane has a partial tear in his groin. It would've been way worse if it was the abdominal muscle. Instead its on the outer layer of the abdominal wall. He should be good to go. Definitely will be in pain though. There's always a chance the tear can worsen. But as long as the abdominal wall is stable he can play through this. And he will play with a brace stabilizing that area.

He says Maddox won't be able to come back this year.

all in all sounds like we got very lucky with Lane and Jalen's injuries"

Adding to that it's said on the video that with the brace it's unlikely that Lane will make the injury worse by playing and he'll be playing at about 90%

They actually stated it was between a grade 1 and grade 2. So it wasn't really a grade 2 sprain. If it was as bad as you think it was, he wouldn't have been able to continue to play in the Bears game even with adrenaline. He doesn't even have an injury designation on the injury list anymore. He's 100%. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Eagles_ftw said:

Iggles News posted this video regarding Lane and Jalen:

He says Maddox won't be able to come back this year.

That sucks if Maddox can't go.  Who knew a toe injury could be this crippling.  Big dropoff after him.  D-line pressure will need to be good and consistent throughout the playoffs. 

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, [TSM]_PimpDaddyPain said:

That sucks if Maddox can't go.  Who knew a toe injury could be this crippling.  Big dropoff after him.  D-line pressure will need to be good and consistent throughout the playoffs. 

Damn 

7 hours ago, [TSM]_PimpDaddyPain said:

If it's turf toe yeah that's ended a lot of players seasons. It's basically the big toe dislocating everytime you try to run. That would hurt like a mofo

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

If it's turf toe yeah that's ended a lot of players seasons. It's basically the big toe dislocating everytime you try to run. That would hurt like a mofo

As we watched the game my son said     ”his toe is up in the air, that’s not good”

• Like 2

21 hours ago, [TSM]_PimpDaddyPain said:

I think they’re going to move CJGJ in the slot ant use Blankenship as the safety. That’s the positive of having some good depth. They also still have Harris although I don’t recall seeing him play yet. 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I think they’re going to move CJGJ in the slot ant use Blankenship as the safety. That’s the positive of having some good depth. They also still have Harris although I don’t recall seeing him play yet. 

It's good to have depth but at the same time cjgj was playing at an all pro level at safety do that kind of sucks

• Like 1

3 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

If that’s not good enough to be the Giants, then shame on us.

If we can get Maddox back later, that would be great.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

It's good to have depth but at the same time cjgj was playing at an all pro level at safety do that kind of sucks

Well according to PFF Blankenship was playing safety better than CJCG and @brkmsn told me they’re never wrong so win/win. 😂

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Well according to PFF Blankenship was playing safety better than CJCG and @brkmsn told me they’re never wrong so win/win. 😂

He had that beautiful int and a couple really nice tackles….pair that with limited snaps and it’s probably a pff cheat code.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

They activated him today for tomorrow's game. Insurance policy most likely. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, eagle45 said:

He had that beautiful int and a couple really nice tackles….pair that with limited snaps and it’s probably a pff cheat code.

I've already explained that to him. I'm not sure why Blankenship getting a high grade in a small sample is a terrible thing. On the EMB there is always this kind of "How dare you compare player B to Player A!!!" outrage. The high grade/small sample could be more of an outlier than a true indication (See Epps last season). Or it could be an indication of what this player could become with more playing time (See TJ Edwards). All in all, a high pff grade in a player's limited opportunity is all fans can ask for from a backup. It means at the very least that the team has a capable backup. Since I have a tendency to get excited about players that display potential, I feel good about going into next season with Blankenship as a starter if need be. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLYvYE8VNAs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g53qrAM6O1Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gwm3JJjvGgE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWDzMDcZ5m4

If we can get a contract done with CJGJ, Blankenship makes Epps expendable. Even if we bring back Epps too, he may be better suited to a limited backup role next season. 

26 minutes ago, Philthy Jawn said:

Might need to look into drafting another slot corner in the offseason.  

I wouldn’t be willing to count on Maddox being healthy.

• Like 1

On 1/20/2023 at 8:07 AM, EazyEaglez said:

Yes true, I suppose if Gannon is creative with schemes that shouldn't hurt us too bad.  CJ should be solid in almost any DB position.  The jury is still out on Blankenship, he's shown flashes of good and bad.  I wish they'd give a straight answer about whether Maddox is week to week or if he's toast for the rest of the season. 

• Like 2

On 1/19/2023 at 5:33 PM, Bwestbrook36 said:

turf toe blows. I have no clue how anyone plays through it. 

• Like 2

On espn app it had Maddox out on Sun but 2day says questionable. Hopefully he's trending up

2 hours ago, NJWolverEagle11 said:

On espn app it had Maddox out on Sun but 2day says questionable. Hopefully he's trending up

I think it’s an outside chance. Guy always seems to get injured out there. 

The Eagles Defense is incredibly better with Maddox same with Lane Johnson on Offense hopefully both play and play at the levels we've grown to expect from both of them. As for TJ Edwards he is a tackling machine.

That being said the Philadelphia Eagles are fairly healthy at this stage, not to jinx them.

• Like 1

Just heard Caplan say on the latest podcast that Johnson and Maddox were full participants at practice, and that Edwards will be playing..

So Eagles will be at full strength come Sunday..

• Like 1