Any Johnson and Maddox injury update?

Portyansky

54 minutes ago, vaff said:

Lane Johnson embodies everything a Philly athlete should be.  He's right up there with Kelce in my book.  I hope he plays another 5 years.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

So LJ was able to take off 3 games plus a bye week.  Five weeks until he sees real action.  Will it be enough time?  Team is being tight lipped.  He's needed if the Eagles expect to make any kind of run in the playoffs.

26 minutes ago, Procus said:

So LJ was able to take off 3 games plus a bye week.  Five weeks until he sees real action.  Will it be enough time?  Team is being tight lipped.  He's needed if the Eagles expect to make any kind of run in the playoffs.

He will be back, but won't be 100%. I guess the hope is he will be rested/healed enough to play. Even at 85% he's better than most

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Portyansky said:

He will be back, but won't be 100%. I guess the hope is he will be rested/healed enough to play. Even at 35% he's better than Driscoll 

Fyp

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 12/29/2022 at 5:46 AM, Godfather said:

Tough sob

If we win the SB we need to retire his number and build him a statue.

They need Johnson back because Driscoll is awful, but my concern would be how can the injury realistically be one he can play through, if the surgery it needs is major enough that he couldn't have had it straight after it happened and be recovered after 5 or 6 weeks out for the play offs.

All in all I do wonder how bad Dillard or Mailata could look at right tackle that Driscoll is considered best of the bunch, it's like watching Winston 'The Turnstile' Justice, thank god the Giants didn't have Thibodeaux out there.

7 hours ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

They need Johnson back because Driscoll is awful, but my concern would be how can the injury realistically be one he can play through, if the surgery it needs is major enough that he couldn't have had it straight after it happened and be recovered after 5 or 6 weeks out for the play offs.

All in all I do wonder how bad Dillard or Mailata could look at right tackle that Driscoll is considered best of the bunch, it's like watching Winston 'The Turnstile' Justice, thank god the Giants didn't have Thibodeaux out there.

I have the same concern about Lane.  If he needs surgery, then it doesn't seem as if it will heal by itself.  So how can he play through it?  I guess they'll shoot him up with something so he can't feel it.  

We need Lane back. Hopefully the MVP is ready to go in 2 weeks

16 hours ago, Procus said:

They already said it needs surgery in the offseason, so doubtful that it’s "healed” or much better than it is now for the playoffs. 

10 minutes ago, jsdarkstar said:

I must have missed this. Certainly good news.

That was a month ago. He is not currently on ir, so no need to activate him. 

• Like 2

Just now, jsb235 said:

That was a month ago. He is not currently on ir, so no need to activate him. 

Thanks. Just noted the date. OOpps. 

Heard on the radio yesterday that Maddox is still in a walking boot. He still has time, but I wonder if he’s going to be ready by the first playoff game. 

2 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Heard on the radio yesterday that Maddox is still in a walking boot. He still has time, but I wonder if he’s going to be ready by the first playoff game. 

I have a feeling that we won’t see Maddox until the Super Bowl if we get there. But since there is a theoretical chance, they have to keep him on the roster the whole time just in case.

2 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

I have a feeling that we won’t see Maddox until the Super Bowl if we get there. But since there is a theoretical chance, they have to keep him on the roster the whole time just in case.

Just seems like every year this kid has some kind of injury that keeps him out for a long period of time. He’s talented, but that doesn’t help while he’s sitting on the sidelines.

Without Lane Johnson 19 games (6-13 record)......ooof!!!  Absolutely sucks he got hurt and needs surgery.  Hopefully he can play through it.......

4 hours ago, rrfierce said:

I read Lane returned to practice ?

Yes, I just watched his interview. Said he was out there, didn't feel any pain without painkillers, but next week practice will be more intense and he's just following the rehab workout. All in all I believe he plays, let's just hope/pray he will be available for all 3 games!

• Like 1

On 1/13/2023 at 7:13 AM, NYEagle said:

Without Lane Johnson 19 games (6-13 record)......ooof!!!  Absolutely sucks he got hurt and needs surgery.  Hopefully he can play through it.......

He is definitely a difference maker. I do think that stat is just a bit skewed though, because 9 of those games he missed were in 2020 when the whole team was dog crap. 

• Like 1

Definitely need Johnson on the line up for playoff games.  He won't be 100% regardless, so when do they put him in?  Playing Giants next week which is familiar to our guys.  Could we go without Johnson for one more game and still have enough to win it?  One extra week for Johnson to recover also one less game for his body to endure the pounding will be beneficial.  Tough call!

• Haha 1

Everyone needs to play, if they can play.   "There is no tomorrow, there is no tomorrow!!"

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, crazyeagle said:

Everyone needs to play, if they can play.   "There is no tomorrow, there is no tomorrow!!"

Maddox is more likely to play next week in the championship game

7 hours ago, Godfather said:

Maddox is more likely to play next week in the championship game

Is he likely to play though? Or just more likely than the zero percent chance he's got of playing this week.